PDA

View Full Version : Front Brake Lever (Yes I searched and read)

Easy Rider
04-22-2017, 01:42 PM
Many threads found.
Most all 4 years old or more.

Is ISCI the only "kit" alternative ?
Nothing new lately.......except do-it-yourself alternatives ??

Chupaca
04-22-2017, 01:55 PM
Have not seen anyone come up with a set up. I do believe they are the only ones out there so far. The diy'ers have some alternatives but you must have run across some already....Maybe some day....:dontknow:

Bob Denman
04-22-2017, 04:56 PM
ISCI makes an excellent kit... I really can't see what you could do to make it better. :clap::2thumbs:
They're also GREAT folks to deal with,. :D

Warlock
04-22-2017, 06:39 PM
Many threads found.
Most all 4 years old or more.

Is ISCI the only "kit" alternative ?
Nothing new lately.......except do-it-yourself alternatives ??

They are the only ones I know of. I just finished installing one on my 08 Can Am. I like doing my own stuff. I had around $300.00 in my set up in just parts. I didn't charge myself for labor:roflblack:.
David

PistonBlown
04-22-2017, 07:45 PM
The only alternatives are ISCI or the DIY approach that's well documented on this site in various threads. There was a cheap kit being listed at one point but everyone who contacted the company involved got very vague answers to questions (e.g. the company couldn't even say if the system was hydraulic or cable!). I don't know anyone who bought one and the listing has disappeared now.

For me in NZ the DIY approach was the only option open as the ISCI kit was astronomically expensive once factoring in shipping and duty taxes.

Warlock
04-22-2017, 08:00 PM
The only alternatives are ISCI or the DIY approach that's well documented on this site in various threads. There was a cheap kit being listed at one point but everyone who contacted the company involved got very vague answers to questions (e.g. the company couldn't even say if the system was hydraulic or cable!). I don't know anyone who bought one and the listing has disappeared now.

For me in NZ the DIY approach was the only option open as the ISCI kit was astronomically expensive once factoring in shipping and duty taxes.

I used some of your pictures to help with mine. The only thing I did different was I put my bleeder on the end of the slave cylinder and put my brake line on top.
David

IGETAROUND
04-22-2017, 08:13 PM
​Might want to check with ARCTIC; seems he has one for sale

Easy Rider
04-23-2017, 10:26 AM
​Might want to check with ARCTIC; seems he has one for sale

If that is the one that just got "bumped" today, then RT is not listed as a compatible model.

And....my problem with the ISCI unit has nothing to do with quality or service.
From looking at the kit, it would appear that there is about $200 worth of parts there.
Allowing a 100% markup, that gets us to $400.
Adding another 100% for R&D recovery, that gets us to $600.
But their listed price is more than twice that.
THEY hold all the cards and I think they are taking advantage of that.

fjray
04-23-2017, 11:47 AM
I agree the cost is way up there but after I bit the bullet and got it installed the first ride made the pain in the wallet go away. It really does make for a better ride. imho.;) The guy buying my RT wanted to dicker a bit on the price so I told him if I took the hand brake off the price would come down. after the test ride he went for full price.

Easy Rider
05-03-2017, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the replies so far.

I'm off to do some more searching but I found a REAL old thread that made reference to having to cut the original brake lever off and bolt on a modification.

Since I haven't seen that mentioned lately, can I assume that is no longer necessary ?? 2011 RTs