PDA

View Full Version : The 10 Most Reliable Motorcycle Companies

Jeriatric
04-21-2017, 03:35 PM
The Spyder has a die-hard following, which is good because, according to the Consumer Reports study

The rest of the story is here

The 10 Most Reliable Motorcycle Companies (http://www.motorcycle.com/top10/the-10-most-reliable-motorcycle-companies.html/2)

wyliec
04-21-2017, 04:08 PM
Hey, they're number 10; so, it gives them (BRP) something to shoot for. Can't always start off at numero uno.

JKMSPYDER
04-21-2017, 04:08 PM
I am on my second Spyder and they both have been extremely reliable. Jerbear, I know your experience with your Spyder has been disappointing. You may have gotten a real lemon or it could be your dealer. I wish you could experience the thrill of a trouble-free Spyder.

Jeriatric
04-21-2017, 04:19 PM
I am on my second Spyder and they both have been extremely reliable. Jerbear, I know your experience with your Spyder has been disappointing. You may have gotten a real lemon or it could be your dealer. I wish you could experience the thrill of a trouble-free Spyder.

Thanks for that. That's all I really ever wanted.

As to my dealer. In the beginning they had an unbelievably qualified tech but, didn't appreciate what they had, and lost him to BMW. The new fellow has a mechanical military(helicopter) background and a few years experience with spyders. It's really hard to say it's anymore the dealers problem than it is the product.

Bfromla
04-21-2017, 04:28 PM
:agree:X2 there , but still on my first. mine has not been 100% trouble free either but was quickly fixed & some with lil padding for my troubles, thanks to the service mgr. :2thumbs: Early appointment times so not having to wait, comfy couch in comfy wait area good enough for a nap if you need:p & I happen to be on both sides of this review as I have a '06 Yamaha road star too in the stable:yes: (Not tring to brag just happy I can ride after my injuries)

Rogue Hawk
04-21-2017, 04:31 PM
There is about 10K in repairs on my F3. Fortunately it was covered by warranty. They will need to make major improvements to convince me to by another one.

rcturner
04-21-2017, 04:32 PM
I am on my second Spyder RT. Both were in the shop for some kind of a design deficiency and not anything that had to do with workmanship or parts failure. My Harley was far worse due the the fact that they would knowingly lie about issues instead of manning up and admitting their problems. They even lied to my wife the day before we got a flyer in the mail touting their fix for the problem they denied having. Great company. If I ever considered getting another Harley, my wife of 53 years would be gone or I would be out on my tail. My 1984 and 2004 Goldwings each had design issues which Honda gladly fixed without fuss or complaints. My Voyager XIIs (two of them) were less refined than the Goldwings but, absolutly reliable. My Yamahas never went to the shop. Maybe the article is correct but, I have had many other motorcycles that were not included on the list and for the most part, were never in the shop for anything but oil changes and tires. The outcome of this type of survey is heavily dependent on the personal bias of the person designing the it. It is interesting but not remotely conclusive.

Bob Denman
04-21-2017, 04:46 PM
Have my bikes been perfect? No!
Does that ruin the experience for me? Hell no! :D

But I am starting to wonder why you're kicking BRP at every opportunity.
If they fix your bike: sell it, and go get something that makes you happy.
You owe that to yourself! nojoke

Jeriatric
04-21-2017, 04:53 PM

Have you ever considered how hard they have kicked me?

I understand you're a true believer. I wanted to be too.

Otherwise I'd never had made the investment. nojoke

Only wish BRP was as concerned about how I feel as you seem to be. :doorag:

Bob Denman
04-21-2017, 05:00 PM
"Holding onto anger, is like holding onto a red-hot rock...
The only one who gets really burned; is you. ' :shocked:

Let it go, and find the happiness that you deserve! :2thumbs:

Chupaca
04-21-2017, 05:04 PM
We are on the board...we have the best die hard customers and an awesome warranty program...:yes: but I would like to see where they are pulling the stats from...:dontknow: sites like these don't help they are here to help fellow ryder and represent few...

Jeriatric
04-21-2017, 05:05 PM
"Holding onto anger, is like holding onto a red-hot rock...
The only one who gets really burned; is you. ' :shocked:

Let it go, and find the happiness that you deserve! :2thumbs:

I'm not angry Bob.

I'm disgusted.

They are miles apart by definition.

Bob Denman
04-21-2017, 05:14 PM
Either one can raise your blood pressure, and sour your stomach...

Jeriatric
04-21-2017, 05:16 PM
Either one can raise your blood pressure, and sour your stomach...

"Unlike the emotions of fear (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear), anger (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anger), and sadness (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadness), disgust is associated with a decrease in heart rate."

SpyderNeil
04-21-2017, 05:21 PM
The Spyder has a die-hard following, which is good because, according to the Consumer Reports study

The 10 Most Reliable Motorcycle Companies (http://www.motorcycle.com/top10/the-10-most-reliable-motorcycle-companies.html/2)

Victory (the company that shut down) is #5?

Bob Denman
04-21-2017, 05:27 PM
"Unlike the emotions of fear (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear), anger (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anger), and sadness (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadness), disgust is associated with a decrease in heart rate."

:D I didn't mention heart rate: did I? :D
It just ain't healthy... we don't want to see you in this sort of a funk: bring us pictures and stories about what makes you happy! :2thumbs:

Jeriatric
04-21-2017, 05:30 PM
Victory (the company that shut down) is #5?

Yes, after 20 years of investment Victory fell pray to Indian's seemingly overnight success. Not an easy decision for corporate I'm sure, but one that made sense with thorough examination of the score card.

HayRog
04-21-2017, 05:44 PM
I knew I should have kept our FJR1300 ;) -- but common sense prevailed.

Bob Denman
04-21-2017, 05:52 PM
Yes, after 20 years of investment Victory fell pray to Indian's seemingly overnight success. Not an easy decision for corporate I'm sure, but one that made sense with thorough examination of the score card.
It was a shame to see them go... :shocked:
Polaris was starting to get serious about the SlingShot and the Indian, so they were the Odd-Man out! :gaah:

Peter Aawen
04-21-2017, 06:16 PM
I reckon BRP Rating number 10 on this list is a pretty good thing - look back thru the threads here from just a couple of years ago & you can find where they rated highly on the lists of the 10 WORST bikes for reliability, & they didn't even get an honourable mention on the same page as the word 'reliable' or 'best' back then!! :gaah:

So the reality that this survey highlights is that they've come a helluva long way in a relatively very short time! And almost half of the issues raised didn't cost the owners at all! We should all be heaping our Congratulations on them for all that, altho it's obvious that there's still a little room for improvement!! :lecturef_smilie:

Now if only they'd do something about the rat... .... .. - things they keep trying to foist on us as tires & on their quality control; do that & maybe their 'reliability' would be pushing the other end of the scale! :thumbup:

I must admit that I'm looking forwards to that - and in the meantime, I'm gonna be out there racking up the miles of smiles on my Spyder! ;)

crazycanuck
04-21-2017, 06:16 PM
Yay for #8 and #9 :clap:

TicketBait
04-21-2017, 06:22 PM

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/TicketBait/smileys/SPYDER%20RTS/1aaa2eeb-9fb4-456b-aaa4-d51beb96ca41.jpg

Jer, you are part of that die hard following, The people are great, well most of them:D The Can-Am brand is so much more reliable now.

My suggestion is sell the FJR since you also have the Chieftain now and trade in your Spyder and get a trouble free 2015-17 RT, you already got the trailer. Head over to Berts Mega Mall tomorrow on the FJR and talk turkey with them. Since I am not going to SF, I am going on there canyon cruise. http://www.bertsmegamall.com/--3-wheel-weekend-2017:popcorn::thumbup:

JerryB
04-21-2017, 07:52 PM
Hi wyliec,

Re: Can't always start off at numero uno.

While my memory is not pefect, I do believe that Lexus, after one year of being on the market, was #1 in reliability & customer satisfaction. Probably why I am now on my 3rd Lexus.

To get to #1 in their first year, BRP ( IMO ) had a tough hill to climb due to it's being such a radical departure from conventional design.

My Spyder ( bought used @ 4,000 miles ) has been almost 100% problem free; just a couple of little things. JerBer has had an entirely different experience; anyone reading his post should reach the same conclusion.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) Again, I say that if BRP would let the independent mechanics have the parts at the same discount as their dealers, I think we would have less of the JerBer type of experiences. End of rant.

bscrive
04-21-2017, 08:11 PM
My wife's Spyders have been pretty much trouble free, but would we keep one if it wasn't covered by warranty...NOPE.

As soon as Honda or Yamaha comes out with a three wheeled trike, we will be trading in the F3 for one of those.

These bikes have some issues that will cost thousands to fix when they are out of warranty. We won't take that chance, not at those kind of stats.

If my wife would ride a two wheeled bike, she would be on that instead. Probably a VTX1300, but she doesn't feel safe on two wheels which is why she is riding a Spyder.

cptjam
04-21-2017, 08:36 PM
I ride a KTM 1290 SuperAdventure. I follow SpyderAnn around the country. Both of our bikes have been great! She has 100K in a bit over 3 years, and I have 50K in 20 months. Trouble (reasonably) free! IDK if this is because we fix little things easily, or we do good maintenance, but we are pretty happy with our choices. I'll be happy when BRP buys Ann's bike, and puts it in the museum. And gives her a new F3T to wail on for 100K miles. It seems that if you actually ride them, they depreciate madly! Why? These are good bikes! Use them, enjoy them, and ride them! We do, and if it means we take a loss, the experience is priceless! JMHO, Joe

IdahoMtnSpyder
04-21-2017, 08:37 PM
but I would like to see where they are pulling the stats from...:dontknow:
Surveys submitted to CR by 11,000 owners of 12,300 motorcycles bought new from 2008 to 2014. That means there is only one year of the 1330 represented in the stats. Be interesting to see what the difference is next year with 2 years of 1330s in the stats. I kind of wish they would include owners who bought used, but maybe that's not a large enough population.

wyliec
04-21-2017, 09:47 PM
Hi wyliec,

While my memory is not pefect, I do believe that Lexus, after one year of being on the market, was #1 in reliability & customer satisfaction. Probably why I am now on my 3rd Lexus.

To get to #1 in their first year, BRP ( IMO ) had a tough hill to climb due to it's being such a radical departure from conventional design.

My Spyder ( bought used @ 4,000 miles ) has been almost 100% problem free; just a couple of little things. JerBer has had an entirely different experience; anyone reading his post should reach the same conclusion.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) Again, I say that if BRP would let the independent mechanics have the parts at the same discount as their dealers, I think we would have less of the JerBer type of experiences. End of rant.

I said can't always; I didn't say can't.

Fat Baxter
04-21-2017, 10:54 PM
I got my 2014 RT-S in September of that year. Other than having to find a third party to install non-OEM tires, I haven't had any issues. I currently have 19,400 miles on it. And I now have a local dealer who actually works on an appointment basis!

Before my Spyder, I rode BMWs for 32 years. The '82 airhead was reasonably reliable, and I liked the fact that I could do most of the basic maintenance on it. Back then, BMW prided themselves on keeping the bikes as mechanically simple as possible. BMW also kinda expected the owner to be somewhat technically knowledgeable about the bike. In fact, the owner's manual included a chart of torque values for all fasteners, and there was an electrical circuitry diagram. It even showed how to use the screwdriver for the toolkit to measure the oil in the final drive. Little helpful nuggets like that.

Then I got an R1100RT in '99, one of the so-called oilheads. The owner's manual immediately conveyed a change in BMW's expectations of owner involvement. Yes, it had the usual oil viscosity chart, but nowhere did it mention where any of the drain plugs were, nor did it point out the location of the externally-accessible oil filter. No wiring diagrams or torque chart. The manual was focused on operating the bike, not maintaining it. The new expectation was that the owner would bring it in to the shop and let the technicians do their magic; just leave your credit card number. Personally, I think the motorcycle side of BMW was overly influenced by the auto side and forgot how they earned their reputation.

The other thing was that, when things failed on the road, they now tended to fail catastrophically, beyond the rider's ability to repair at roadside. I'm talking about final drive failures and transmission seizures. Yes, many bikes ran flawlessly for many miles, even 100K's of miles. But their record introduced a worrisome niggling of apprehension -- is my bike gonna crap out on me in the middle of nowhere?

Also, it turned out that the oilheads required, for ideal longevity, that the splines on the input/output shaft between the engine and transmission, be lubricated with a dab of grease every 20k miles. This requires an almost complete teardown of the bike to split the engine and transmission, at a pretty price. And nowhere was this mentioned in any service manuals; it just "came out" in one of the BMW forums as a bit of inside information. A bit of a scandal, that was. And if you didn't do this, you risked shearing the splines off the shaft -- another one of those catastrophic failures.

The final straw involved their miniscule dealer network. When my RT hit 73k miles, the only dealer in my state went under, leaving me with a 15-year old bike approaching middle age mileage-wise, and a full-day, one-way haul to the nearest dealer.

Screw BMW and all their drama. So I bought a Spyder.

PistonBlown
04-22-2017, 01:21 AM
What's interesting with this is the innovation side. No one can dispute that Can-am is leading on the innovation. They have gone where no-one has gone before - and those that have tried to copy them have never got there product to market (I'm looking at you Honda Neowing). The next most innovative manufacturer is BMW, who's 9th on the list. At the top we've got the Japanese manufacturers turning out bikes that, at best, can be described as evolving from previous years.

As IdahoMtnSpyder pointed out this survey was of the 2008 to 2014. So in that range you have the 2013 models with there heat issues. We all know that was a big muck up by Can-am that really damaged the brands image - but it was something they eventually put right. We all moan about Can-am's customer service but that article says 45% of the work was covered by BRP. On a new Honda I had a gearbox gave up the ghost just after the first service and had a major battle to get it sorted under warranty.

Peteoz
04-22-2017, 01:53 AM
I love my Victory Ness Magnum. But I would rather have the new Indian Roadmaster.

You bought a Magnum and put a trunk and crash bars on it, Joel? Why didn't you buy a Cross Country?
Pete

missouriboy
04-22-2017, 02:53 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Joel The Biker http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1249264#post1249264)
I love my Victory Ness Magnum. But I would rather have the new Indian Roadmaster.

BINGO! The ultimate explanation for the withdrawal of the Victory: Customer Preference. If the Powers That Be were able to perceive this market sentiment, then their decision was likely a very wise one.

Someone mentioned the "seemingly overnight success" of the Indian... but, no, it was the prior success of a century-old brand that overwhelmed the Victory, in spite of the Victory's high quality and initial success. IMHO.

Buckeye Bleau
04-22-2017, 06:58 AM
Thanks for that. That's all I really ever wanted.

As to my dealer. In the beginning they had an unbelievably qualified tech but, didn't appreciate what they had, and lost him to BMW. The new fellow has a mechanical military(helicopter) background and a few years experience with spyders. It's really hard to say it's anymore the dealers problem than it is the product.

It really is too bad that you have those issues. If I were you I would get out of that Byke and get me a Victory or Star as they are rated much higher and nary a problem do they have. Seriously, I would not like all the problems you have, if not the dealer, then it must be the Byke.

As for me, 22,245 miles and nothing, except for fuel guage light and compressor replaced at 21k under warranty.

Joe

Tango
04-22-2017, 07:41 AM
Folks that's a 2 year old survey. Done in 2015. It only has 1 year of the 1330 in it. :yikes: Tom :spyder:

rnet
04-22-2017, 09:42 AM
BRP problems have not been the motor, but just everything around it. So I have one bike that's #1 and one that's #10, not so bad, but had that figured out years ago.

IdahoMtnSpyder
04-22-2017, 10:29 AM
Folks that's a 2 year old survey. Done in 2015. It only has 1 year of the 1330 in it. :yikes: Tom :spyder:
You're right. I skated right over the bit about being a 2014 survey. This subject was :bdh: two years ago when the survey came out. It really isn't valid any more.

Jeriatric
04-22-2017, 10:51 AM
You're right. I skated right over the bit about being a 2014 survey. This subject was :bdh: two years ago when the survey came out. It really isn't valid any more.

I beg to disagree.

It is valid - to those years. :banghead:

IdahoMtnSpyder
04-22-2017, 12:07 PM
I beg to disagree.

It is valid - to those years. :banghead:
True, but as a buying guide for today not so much.

JerryB
04-22-2017, 12:31 PM
Hi IdahoMtnSpyder,

Re: True, but as a buying guide for today not so much.

Some of us bought used Spyders.

Jerry Baumchen

Bob Denman
04-22-2017, 12:40 PM
But if a buyer is researching in anticipation of the purchase of a new bike: it a worthless survey to them.

Jeriatric
04-22-2017, 12:43 PM
But if a buyer is researching in anticipation of the purchase of a new bike: it a worthless survey to them.

Maybe, maybe not.

I would think that's for the individual to decide.

Not you, or me.

Peteoz
04-22-2017, 03:10 PM
I really liked the paint on the Ness Magnum. I didnt have intentions of adding the highway bars and tour pack, but I just cant leave anything stock. Had to make it my own. More storage is always good and the tour pack can be removed in less that 30 seconds.

Hahaha......thought that might be the case.....the Magnums have some great colour schemes.

flaggerphil
04-23-2017, 12:17 AM
My RT has had some problems but all were quickly fixed by my dealer at no cost to me and I love riding my Spyder.

I will say, every Yamaha/Star motorcycle I ever owned (RD400, XS500, VStar 1300T) were absolutely bullet proof, as was the one Suzuki (Boulevard 800).

I've also owned a Kawasaki 125 and a Royal Enfield Military that had more problems than my Spyder.

dndfindley
04-23-2017, 05:22 AM
True, but as a buying guide for today not so much.

Oh really? I see problems reported here on new Spyders as well. The horror stories are out there and they are they same stories for the most part. Spyders are complex, I understand that, but if BRP would immediately without question take care of each and every complaint and make sure the dealers had properly trained mechanics, most of the issues would be overlooked. If BRP doesn't take drastic measures (I don't think they will) then the Spyder will be at the bottom of the list when a new survey is taken a few years from now.

dndfindley
04-23-2017, 05:26 AM

Yamaha is number one. No doubt about it from me. I have owned 3 Yamaha's including the one I currently ride and they have been 100% reliable. When I go on long rides I do not worry about anything whatsoever other than the blind clueless cagers.

MRH
04-23-2017, 10:46 AM
Hi wyliec,

While my memory is not pefect, I do believe that Lexus, after one year of being on the market, was #1 in reliability & customer satisfaction.

Lexus is Toyota - it isn't a new company, just new models from a very well established company under a different brand. No question about it, BRP has had issues, but the models keep getting better. The Spyder is just ten years old, and it's new kind of beast.

I would be very curious to see how the new models only compare (2014 forward). I had major issues with my 2010 RT, but my 2014 has been far more reliable with relatively few issues in 41K miles. I imagine that they would continue to rise in reliability.

That said, I strongly agree that they should have a program for independent shops to do warranty work and have full parts access.

KX5062
04-23-2017, 10:50 AM
Well, I am glad for the information, but like everything on the internet I take it with a dose of salt. I'm on my second Spyder. The first being a premiere edition 08 GS, which other than some heat issues and burning a little oil was trouble free. And, now a 2014 RT with the 1330 engine. That bike, knock on wood, has been trouble free too with almost 35k miles on it so far.

Like was brought up too BMW also had a run of major troubles in those particular survey years too. They now have an all new (since 2013) pretty much everything on the "R" bikes, it would be interesting to see what they've done in terms of QC. That was supposed to be a major point focus on their new models, publicly recognizing their errors, which is very rare in this world of lawyers.

It's also interesting that Kawasaki did as well as it did, since the KLR, their best selling model, had huge mechanical issues in 2008 and 2009. And, continues to have a major design flaw in the engine that has existed it's entire production run and has never been truly addressed.

Jeriatric
04-23-2017, 12:47 PM
Same rider/owner.

2011 RT S SE5 with 30K - Numerous problems starting before 5K & we're not talking light bulbs, brakes or tires.

2014 Yamaha FJR with 25K - zero issues

2016 Indian Chieftain with 13K - zero issues

2013 KTM 990 SMT - zero issues - sold

You be the judge.

wyliec
04-23-2017, 01:01 PM
Same rider/owner.

2011 RT S SE5 with 30K - Numerous problems starting before 5K & we're not talking light bulbs, brakes or tires.

You be the judge.

I get rid of the RT, and save some money.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Jerbear,

Quick story. Someone on here purchased a 2010 RT new, when first out, and when he had a problem with it, BRP gave him a new one. This person was the guru of Spyders, and very high strung; not sure if one relates to the other. If you want, I'll pass you his screen name; he's not been on in awhile because he got upset with some on here, and I happen to be one of those. He may give you some insight that may help with dealing with BRP to your satisfaction. I believe it was just that BRP had taken notice of him because of his knowledge, and didn't want to piss him off.

Jeriatric
04-23-2017, 01:16 PM

The question really comes down to how much I'm willing to spend protecting the total dollars invested.

It would be a major loss. Even if, it were a stock purchase gone bad. At least there, a guy can have stops in place.

wyliec
04-23-2017, 02:03 PM
The question really comes down to how much I'm willing to spend protecting the total dollars invested.

It would be a major loss. Even if, it were a stock purchase gone bad. At least there, a guy can have stops in place.

I just added to my original post. I'm sorry, I didn't notice yours.

Jeriatric
04-23-2017, 03:01 PM

Edit:

Jerbear,

Quick story. Someone on here purchased a 2010 RT new, when first out, and when he had a problem with it, BRP gave him a new one. This person was the guru of Spyders, and very high strung; not sure if one relates to the other. If you want, I'll pass you his screen name; he's not been on in awhile because he got upset with some on here, and I happen to be one of those. He may give you some insight that may help with dealing with BRP to your satisfaction. I believe it was just that BRP had taken notice of him because of his knowledge, and didn't want to piss him off.

I'm relatively certain I know whom you speak of, and I wasn't one of his favorites either.:roflblack:

In fact, while he had a mechanical sense that bordered on all knowing. It often got in the way of his ability to be practical, when called for.

Thanks bud, appreciate the thought.

Jer

willey
04-23-2017, 06:09 PM
hanniganmotorsports.com converts 1800 goldwings into reverse trikes.I rode one at datona this year.

rcturner
04-24-2017, 07:56 AM
I agree that the development of the BRP products may not be the best but, Harleys are every bit as bad. They have problems that date back decades. Harley has made changes almost every year and in many cases, still doesn't have them resolved. In spite of that and for reasons I don't pretend to understand, people continue to blindly buy them just because they are Harleys. Spyders aren't that bad once you get the teething problems resolved.

Buckeye Bleau
04-24-2017, 08:35 AM
Same rider/owner.

2013 KTM 990 SMT - zero issues - sold

You be the judge.

Again, I am not trying to be abrasive or abrupt, but if the others are so good and you are so unhappy, why not divest yourself from the product? I would have if I were you. It is beginning to sound like you just want to make everyone else miserable as well. For cracking ice live is too short to be miserable. When you continue nagging about it to everyone else, through the thought, then typing it you doubly reinforce the negative thought in your own mind, and make yourself even worse. Give up the ship, sell it and buy yourself a little piece of heaven from the other guys.

Joe

oldgoat
04-24-2017, 09:10 AM
I enjoy riding my Spyder but all the moans & groans here have planted seeds of reliability doubt in my mind. So much so that when I go out I wonder if I will make it back
I do all my own maintenance, so am reasonably sure the bike is sound.

I really wish the heavy moaners would take a very long holiday from the forum.

Bob Denman
04-24-2017, 09:16 AM

Don't let the whiners ruin your day... :thumbup:
You're out having fun: are they? :D

Pirate looks at --
04-24-2017, 09:24 AM

Have to agree with Bob on this. You need happiness in your life, there must be some other machine out there that can make you feel better about life! How about a newer Spyder with the new drive train? Hope you find peace! Hey at least they were not 11th!:yes:

Pirate looks at --
04-24-2017, 09:31 AM
Interesting, that the highest rank Indian could have is 11, behind the "worst motorcycle ever made":roflblack:

Bob Denman
04-24-2017, 09:42 AM
:D That's a piece of information that we hadn't seen before... :clap: :roflblack:

Jeriatric
04-24-2017, 11:29 AM
I enjoy riding my Spyder but all the moans & groans here have planted seeds of reliability doubt in my mind. So much so that when I go out I wonder if I will make it back
I do all my own maintenance, so am reasonably sure the bike is sound.

I really wish the heavy moaners would take a very long holiday from the forum.

If your Spyder hasn't given you a reason for concern.

You shouldn't be anymore concerned about it having problems than you would any other bike.

Ride it, and enjoy yourself.

That's what you got it for.

Remember.