PDA

View Full Version : Fuel door access

Beckyp
04-20-2017, 08:46 PM
I have 2012 ST with stock seat but prefer to have easier access to fuel door when pet Carrie strapped to rear seat....without buying seat with that feature. How do I modify the seat?

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-20-2017, 08:58 PM
I have 2012 ST with stock seat but prefer to have easier access to fuel door when pet Carrie strapped to rear seat....without buying seat with that feature. How do I modify the seat? Hi Becky, way back I discovered that a Fuel Door from a Yamaha crotch rocket gas tank is small enough to fit the seat on GS_RS_RSS & ST seats, you will need to switch to a PermaCap - the gas cap to use with this DOOR, but it's OK they are legal ( C.A.R.B. certified ) ...... I'm on my way to Spyderfest so I can't explain it all right now ..... about $ 60.00 for parts .......... Mike :thumbup:

Warlock
04-20-2017, 10:53 PM
Hi Becky, way back I discovered that a Fuel Door from a Yamaha crotch rocket gas tank is small enough to fit the seat on GS_RS_RSS & ST seats, you will need to switch to a PermaCap - the gas cap to use with this DOOR, but it's OK they are legal ( C.A.R.B. certified ) ...... I'm on my way to Spyderfest so I can't explain it all right now ..... about $ 60.00 for parts .......... Mike :thumbup:

A friend of mine cut his seat and installed a hinge. Does good, but I would rather do the door. Makes a good look and still keeps anyone from having access to the fuel tank. Or at least keep them honest. Remind me to talk to you about this also.
David

pitzerwm
04-20-2017, 11:02 PM
Or go to search and see how a number of people have done it, quite simple and cheap. Me included