PDA

View Full Version : Meanwhile........In an Alternate Universe

Roadster Renovations
04-20-2017, 03:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E9LtWZ0LUU

We had an absolute blast shooting this video!

ARtraveler
04-20-2017, 03:44 PM
:2thumbs::2thumbs:

cuznjohn
04-20-2017, 03:54 PM
let me ask a stupid hypothetical question. if you cruising down the road, and a bird happens to fly into your mirror, would it knock it off the magnets. just how much force does it take to pull them off

PW2013STL
04-20-2017, 04:01 PM
let me ask a stupid hypothetical question. if you cruising down the road, and a bird happens to fly into your mirror, would it knock it off the magnets. just how much force does it take to pull them off

John,

Peter in Australia reported that he had a magpie fly into his mirror and it did move his mirror, but it snapped back into place on it's own. So that question was answered and that is a large bird!

Bob Denman
04-20-2017, 04:50 PM
Doc,
You should certainly win an Academy Award for your Script writing... :clap:
...And your bike should win one for Best Leading Role! :2thumbs:

I'm as happy as a clam in wet sand with mine. :D
I had one of my LED turnsignal indicators not working, and I had been dreading the thought of pulling the mirrors to investigate the problem.
With these mounts: I'm already done, and everything is happily blinking as it should! :yes::ohyea::yes:

Graptor
04-20-2017, 05:17 PM
I don't have an RT, so I'm not understanding this. Why would you want your mirrors to be removable?

Roadster Renovations
04-20-2017, 05:24 PM
Doc,
You should certainly win an Academy Award for your Script writing... :clap:
...And your bike should win one for Best Leading Role! :2thumbs:

I'm as happy as a clam in wet sand with mine. :D
I had one of my LED turnsignal indicators not working, and I had been dreading the thought of pulling the mirrors to investigate the problem.
With these mounts: I'm already done, and everything is happily blinking as it should! :yes::ohyea::yes:

We are going to start doing a few of these! They are such fun!!

Roadster Renovations
04-20-2017, 05:25 PM
I don't have an RT, so I'm not understanding this. Why would you want your mirrors to be removable?

Just about everything done to an RT starts with the mirror removal.

irvin48
04-20-2017, 06:25 PM
:thumbup::thumbup::roflblack::yes::bowdown: and a few more. who will be the first to show me
theirs[ mirrors, that is] at spyderfest ? mine will probly be at home when we get back.
--irv :)

[or maybe not after reading other posts]

Bob Denman
04-21-2017, 06:45 AM
We are going to start doing a few of these! They are such fun!!
:D We'll be watching for them. :thumbup: :popcorn:

Buckeye Bleau
04-21-2017, 07:21 AM
Doc, thanks for the video, quite cute.

On the serious note this is why "You never touch someone else's bike!"

Joe

Bob Denman
04-21-2017, 07:56 AM
:agree:... In a perfect World: it wouldn't happen. :gaah:

But wouldn't that be a boring place to live? :D

Chupaca
04-21-2017, 09:57 AM
It must have been fun making the video....:roflblack:

Roadster Renovations
04-21-2017, 10:14 AM
Doc, thanks for the video, quite cute.

On the serious note this is why "You never touch someone else's bike!"

Joe

Yeah, that's that other universe.........:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Fat Baxter
04-21-2017, 11:08 PM
I gotta confess: when my RT's mirrors stared vibrating, I made a wad out of some duct tape (sticky side out) and placed it between the mirrors and the bodywork. The sticky wad eliminated the vibration.

File under "redneck engineering."

Spyder 42
04-22-2017, 02:17 AM

I do not recall the company but someone started to produce a 9" long coated wire with loops at both ends. You would utilize existing screws to tether the mirror to the bike. Its been 10 years since I've seen the product.

heres something similar off eBay.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Mirror-Tether-Set-for-039-05-039-09-BMW-R1200RT-FREE-SHIPPING-/330530618239

Peter Aawen
04-22-2017, 04:29 AM
As mentioned above, one of my mirrors copped a high speed bird strike that was terminal for the bird - a bird that was large enough to make a bloody good meal (except that it was well & truly mashed by said strike!! Yes officer, I am sure I was only doing 70mph :shocked: - cos that's the speed limit here!) & the mirror just shrugged it off & snapped back into position!! Made more of a mess ON my jeans than it did anywhere else - altho I gotta admit it was a near thing with what it almost caused IN my jeans! :opps:

So I'm convinced that if that ^^ won't knock the mirrors off, then if you ever find yourself in a scenario where a tether might be the only thing keeping the mirrors in place, then you've almost certainly already got a whole HEAP of waaaayyyy more critical problems & the mirrors probably aren't gonna survive regardless, tethered or not!! :yikes:

BigGuy66
04-22-2017, 09:07 AM
Doc - great video - when I started watching it my two granddaughters (8 and 5 - it was the music they heard) came running and watched... they both said, "Uh oh - that guy's in trouble." But, then they saw it fixed and got the point. Great job!

Roadster Renovations
04-22-2017, 11:04 AM
Doc - great video - when I started watching it my two granddaughters (8 and 5 - it was the music they heard) came running and watched... they both said, "Uh oh - that guy's in trouble." But, then they saw it fixed and got the point. Great job!
Glad you liked it! And since the little ones got the leadin, hat means a lot to me! Exactly what we were trying to do!

KX5062
04-23-2017, 10:54 AM
Hey Doc, I sent you an email a while ago directly from your website. I assume you did not get it. I had questions about your belt tensioner. I still have those questions, is it easier for you if I PM'd them via this forum or send it again via email?