PDA

View Full Version : Lamonster Garage - Road Ready Gear - Air Pack Inflator Review

finless
04-20-2017, 10:58 AM
I got this awesome little air pump decided a review was appropriate!

Thanks Lamont... This thing is awesome. I highly recommend it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG7FrbWeUsU

Bob

Bob Denman
04-20-2017, 11:09 AM
:clap: Thanks for the video! :thumbup:
I see that you used the 90 degree attachment hose... did you also get the inline one? It's REALLY easy to hook that one up to the rear tire valve.
(But I think that you might lose a "little" bit more air, when unhooking it; I add an extra pound to the desired inflation amount, in order to compensate for that)

finless
04-20-2017, 11:15 AM
:clap: Thanks for the video! :thumbup:
I see that you used the 90 degree attachment hose... did you also get the inline one? It's REALLY easy to hook that one up to the rear tire valve.
(But I think that you might lose a "little" bit more air, when unhooking it; I add an extra pound to the desired inflation amount, in order to compensate for that)

Yes the inline was in the box. You can see it in the bag in the video. I actually prefer the 90 attachment myself.
To each his own :)

Bob

Bob Denman
04-20-2017, 11:21 AM
:agree: :thumbup:
I saw it... only I didn't recognize it. :opps:

Tazzel
04-20-2017, 11:24 AM
I purchased one of Air Pack. Like it but I have 2 issues: I cant seem to get to the rear tire valve with such a short hose and I cant tell how charged the device is to see if I have to charge before a day trip.

cuznjohn
04-20-2017, 11:26 AM
i have one, it is great. also a friend saw mine and had me order him one

finless
04-20-2017, 11:26 AM
I purchased one of Air Pack. Like it but I have 2 issues: I cant seem to get to the rear tire valve with such a short hose and I cant tell how charged the device is to see if I have to charge before a day trip.

I came on to the stem from inside the pulley with the 90 adapter.
But my stems are a little bit shorter than the stock stems.

Bob

Bob Denman
04-20-2017, 11:47 AM
I just make sure that the valve-stem is at the six o'clock position first.
Then, I reach in under the pulley, and push up on the stem a little bit.
Easy-Peasey! :D

Jeriatric
04-20-2017, 12:12 PM

Your local Harley dealer sells a really nifty valve stem - hose extender. Cost under $15.00. Worth every penny.

Or, you can get one through Amazon.

Harley-Davidson® Valve Stem Extension, Easy Access & Travel Size 42300009 - Wisconsin Harley-Davidson (http://www.wisconsinharley.com/harley-davidson-valve-stem-extension-easy-access-travel-size-42300009/?CAWELAID=120131610000203735&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=15269443568&CATCI=pla-64629153701&catargetid=120131610000216124&cadevice=c&gclid=Cj0KEQjwuOHHBRDmvsHs8PukyIQBEiQAlEMW0ALagRDv qxFQ6lnrMHgiYnl2LSkC6pZLZHcoXTDETowaAsbf8P8HAQ)

armyspydervet
04-20-2017, 01:36 PM
Mine didn't come with the angled adapter. Is that purchased separately?

Lamonster
04-20-2017, 02:26 PM
Mine didn't come with the angled adapter. Is that purchased separately?

The first ones did not come with the 90 degree tube. They simply wouldn't work on most Spyders so I special ordered them with the 0 degree tube. The new ones come with both but we never use them here.

finless
04-20-2017, 03:37 PM
I will say and you can see it in the video, the 90 one leaks pretty fast when the pump shuts off. Very common for these 90 type ones like on bicycle pumps.
So you have to be quick about removing it if you use it.
The zero one does not leak while on but does spill some air removing it.
Like Bob D. said add .5 or so to the setting to account for that.

Bob

armyspydervet
04-20-2017, 04:33 PM
The first ones did not come with the 90 degree tube. They simply wouldn't work on most Spyders so I special ordered them with the 0 degree tube. The new ones come with both but we never use them here.
Don't need it. Was just curious. Thanks

Bob Denman
04-20-2017, 04:44 PM
Chris,
I remember in Lamont's video that he mentioned that the 90 version just does not work on the F-3s...
I'm sorry if I led you down a "Rabbit Hole". :opps:

JerryB
04-20-2017, 05:17 PM
Hi Bob,

Re: Air Pack Inflator Review

I wrote something about using mine a little while ago.

Mine came with the 90* adaptor & I used it. I did not notice any leakage when I removed it.

IMO adding 1/2 lb -> 1 lb is a simple way to deal with any leakage.

Later, I found that by having the valve stem at about the 5 o'clock position ( Sorry, Denman ) I can eliminate the 90* adaptor.

That's my story & I'm sticking to it,

Jerry Baumchen

PS) IMO it is a great device for us gearheads; and well worth the $$$$$$.

Bob Denman
04-20-2017, 05:26 PM
Hi Jerry!
Hey...Whatever works best for you! :clap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHLHgJMBkJo

I'm actually the least-likely guy that you'd want to follow around in a garage anyway! :roflblack:

bayoumanPIBE
05-30-2017, 11:14 PM
You guys and gals are just awesome! I'm getting much more into my Spyder these days after a huge life change almost two years ago. And everything from how to remove a and check fuses to bolt sizes to valve stem extension ideas and more...it is ya'll that's kept me going smoother rather than pulling my hair out.

I really like the flexible temporary extension idea that has the end which screws on to the rim's air valve and is long enough to test the pressure and add/remove air as needed.

It took me 20 minutes to check my rear tire and adjust the pressure at a gas station last weekend...by time I was done in the heat, I needed a break...this was before I went anywhere.

I like saving time more these days and enjoying life as much as possible...and the extension will help with that...thanks again to all ya'll. I'm glad to be a member.

PS> If anyone has any suggestions and/or videos on how to remove the panels for my ST-S, let me know. The manual has some, but not all I can find to get to the fog lights to replace my bulbs with the new LED's from Lamonster. I'm replacing my headlights and fog lights with LED's. Next week or two I'll be adding/updating my rear end lights to LED's as well (ie. triple play flasher, rear reflector with LED, center tail light and maybe the two existing ones with the LED OEM setup). I'm surprised these things don't have more safety in the back...the front headlights etc are very noticeable.

PSS> LOL, anyway a Lamonster approved flexible air valve extension would be a great item to buy for father's day!

Devious56
05-31-2017, 08:25 AM
Go to U-tube for some great how to videos on removing body panels.

David

3whlLefty
05-31-2017, 12:59 PM
Your local Harley dealer sells a really nifty valve stem - hose extender. Cost under $15.00. Worth every penny.

Or, you can get one through Amazon.

Harley-Davidson® Valve Stem Extension, Easy Access & Travel Size 42300009 - Wisconsin Harley-Davidson (http://www.wisconsinharley.com/harley-davidson-valve-stem-extension-easy-access-travel-size-42300009/?CAWELAID=120131610000203735&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=15269443568&CATCI=pla-64629153701&catargetid=120131610000216124&cadevice=c&gclid=Cj0KEQjwuOHHBRDmvsHs8PukyIQBEiQAlEMW0ALagRDv qxFQ6lnrMHgiYnl2LSkC6pZLZHcoXTDETowaAsbf8P8HAQ)

I went to the local H-D shop and they had it in stock. Makes the whole process much easier. Used it on Spyder, bicycle, and car. :thumbup: