PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth delay?

stevencovert
04-20-2017, 10:21 AM
Hi all!

I have uClear model 100 BT setup. Works great paired to phone. When paired to each other though and riding two up, there it's a delay of maybe a 1/4 second. In town I hear my wife behind me then a split second later in my helmet! :mad: Can't understand anything. I'm wondering I'd if this happens with the Senas? I'm asking those of you that ride two up all the time for feedback. I have the BRP Bluetooth kit - not installed yet until I figure out whether to go with BRP intercom or keep BT. I'm looking at the Sena with camera setup.

Thanks all!

Jeriatric
04-20-2017, 10:27 AM
Hi all!

I have uClear model 100 BT setup. Works great paired to phone. When paired to each other though and riding two up, there it's a delay of maybe a 1/4 second. In town I hear my wife behind me then a split second later in my helmet! :mad: Can't understand anything. I'm wondering I'd if this happens with the Senas? I'm asking those of you that ride two up all the time for feedback. I have the BRP Bluetooth kit - not installed yet until I figure out whether to go with BRP intercom or keep BT. I'm looking at the Sena with camera setup.

Thanks all!

First thought,

Can you adjust the VOX sensitivity.

If so, make it a little more sensitive.

stevencovert
04-20-2017, 10:48 AM
Comes on instantly, but the transmission from one to the other is delayed. Maybe it's an old version of BT, they are maybe 3 years old.

Jeriatric
04-20-2017, 12:37 PM
Comes on instantly, but the transmission from one to the other is delayed. Maybe it's an old version of BT, they are maybe 3 years old.

Have you updated firmware recently?

DRTSB
04-20-2017, 02:00 PM
I had UClears, riding 2 up was good, I agree about the firmware, make sure it has the latest, you can get it here

https://ucleardigital.com/firmware/

Dave ;)

WA5VHU
04-20-2017, 02:17 PM
All Bluetooth devices have a delay, it is the nature of the beast. You take analog (your voice), digitize it, send it over the air, un-digitize it, feed it into the earpiece. Anytime you encode and then decode there will be a delay.

If you are having a hard time understanding her due to the direct and indirect voice then she is talking too loud.