PDA

View Full Version : found on another forum

bjt
04-22-2009, 06:54 AM
I assemble and play guitars as a hobby so I have a few forums relating to guitars that I check out also. Someone posted this in one of those forums and I thought it was funny and could easily be reworded just a bit to apply to the Spyder. Us SpyderLovers seem to lose focus on the "task at hand" when we see a cool mod or think there is a problem with our beloved machine. :D :D

Posted at Project Guitar forums... had to pass this one along...

I am a working musician and, as you would expect, travel a lot. I have been noticing strange things happening when I get home. Her mobile phone rings and she steps outside to answer it or she says "I'll call you back later." When I ask her who called she gets evasive.

Sometimes she goes out with friends but comes home late, getting dropped off around the corner and walking the rest of the way. I once picked up the extension while she was on the phone and she got very angry.

A buddy of mine plays guitar in a band. He told me that my wife and some guy have been to his gigs. He wanted to borrow my guitar amp.

That's when I got the idea to find out for myself what was really happening.
I said "Sure, you can use my amp but I want to hide behind it at the gig and see if she comes into the venue and who she comes in with."
He agreed.

Saturday night came and I slipped behind my vintage Marshall JMP MKII 100W half stack to get a good view.
I could feel the heat coming off the back of the amp.

It was at that moment, crouching down behind the amp, that I noticed that one of the tubes was not glowing as bright as the other three.

Is this something I can fix myself or do I need to take it to a technician?

Magic Man
04-22-2009, 08:28 AM
Wow it sounds like he's got big problems there for sure! :shocked:

Because all 3 tubes should be glowing the same. :D

Wow and I thought I was too into my work and Spyders sometimes? This guy has me beat hands down!

MM

Roaddog2
05-03-2009, 03:59 PM
Wow it sounds like he's got big problems there for sure! :shocked:

Because all 3 tubes should be glowing the same. :D

Wow and I thought I was too into my work and Spyders sometimes? This guy has me beat hands down!

MM:agree:

orangespydiegirl
05-03-2009, 06:26 PM
This just shows how men loose focus so quickly:roflblack: