PDA

View Full Version : Bajaron Sway Bar

I-Day
04-19-2017, 05:22 PM
Well I ordered my new Swaybar mainly because of the comments on this site and how everyone gives it thumbs up. I have the 2016 F3 T and am NOT mechanical. Honestly how big of a job is it? How long should it take if I take it to a dealer?

SteveLaoyster
04-19-2017, 05:29 PM
I'm planning on changing mine this weekend. I'm renting some loading ramps to get it high enough.

Firefly
04-19-2017, 05:37 PM
I swapped my bar out last night for an RT bar and put the BAJA links on. Took me about an hour. It's a pretty simple swap, but with everything Spyder.... you have to get your hands in tight places. You need 18" of space under the Spyder to be able to remove the bar.

Peteoz
04-20-2017, 12:26 AM
I swapped my bar out last night for an RT bar and put the BAJA links on. Took me about an hour. It's a pretty simple swap, but with everything Spyder.... you have to get your hands in tight places. You need 18" of space under the Spyder to be able to remove the bar.

He's got an F3-T, Firefly......he needs 22" ....

Pete

ingramwc
04-20-2017, 11:26 AM
The dealer that installed my BajaRon sway bar and links took just over one hour. Labor charge was for 1 hour.
You will very pleased with the result! In my case, I thought it was a different machine, handles so much better!!!!!:yes::yes:

Tazzel
04-20-2017, 11:29 AM
I had mine done by a local mechanic for 40.00 bucks. You don't need to take it to the spyder dealer. It is a very simple job if you have the right tools, which I did not.

SteveLaoyster
04-22-2017, 05:34 PM
Just took my RT-S for a short ride after getting the new sway bar & links on and I'm am impressed. It rides entirely different. I don't have to worry about my speed in the corners as much now. Kudos to BajaRon!!!! :yes::yes::yes::yes:

Bob Denman
04-22-2017, 05:47 PM
The new frames require that the bikes be lifted pretty high... :shocked:
If you're not about 927% comfortable in your ability to lift the bike up to about 24" (give or take a bit...); it's best to let a dealer handle it.
It should take about an hour! :thumbup:

When I take my bike in for front tires: I'm definitely having them nail one in place for me! :D

I-Day
04-22-2017, 07:14 PM
The new frames require that the bikes be lifted pretty high... :shocked:
If you're not about 927% comfortable in your ability to lift the bike up to about 24" (give or take a bit...); it's best to let a dealer handle it.
It should take about an hour! :thumbup:

When I take my bike in for front tires: I'm definitely having them nail one in place for me! :D

I did take it to the dealer because by the time I purchased the stuff to get it 22-24 inches up it was cheaper at dealer $100.00. I just didn't feel comfortable trying it. Still waiting to get it back as I am also having laser aligned! Hope it all makes a difference!

SteveLaoyster
04-22-2017, 07:39 PM
I did take it to the dealer because by the time I purchased the stuff to get it 22-24 inches up it was cheaper at dealer $100.00. I just didn't feel comfortable trying it. Still waiting to get it back as I am also having laser aligned! Hope it all makes a difference!

You will be very happy with the results. I used loading ramps strapped down on the back of my bronco & it took me about 2 hours to change out the sway bay & links.

Peteoz
04-23-2017, 03:15 PM

Yep....that's the "smart" way to do it, I-Day:thumbup:......and don't worry, it WILL make a difference ;)

greybeard
04-23-2017, 04:08 PM
Bajaron's sway bar made a difference on my STS and MY 2014 RTS but I don't think I need it on my new F3T

Bob Denman
04-23-2017, 05:02 PM
"I"
(If it's okay to call you by your first name... :D)
You'll be amazed at the difference... nojoke

So what's next on your farkling list? :clap:

rays hell
04-23-2017, 08:07 PM
Bajaron's sway bar made a difference on my STS and MY 2014 RTS but I don't think I need it on my new F3T

I agree. On my 2 RT's I could really feel the body roll [so I had it changed] but with the F3t,
as always 1 up I feel it is awesome the way it is.
But I may change the heim links.

I-Day
04-23-2017, 08:27 PM
"I"
(If it's okay to call you by your first name... :D)
You'll be amazed at the difference... nojoke

So what's next on your farkling list? :clap:

Not sure what farkling is? I'm new to this remember! I am thinking about a bump skid for my F3 T. Your thoughts!

Mikel53
04-23-2017, 08:57 PM
Not sure what farkling is? I'm new to this remember! I am thinking about a bump skid for my F3 T. Your thoughts!

It's the big black hole where all your money goes for stuff you want but probably don't actually need that makes your ride "cool!"

Bob Denman
04-24-2017, 07:02 AM
Adding a Bumpskid pretty much defines farkling... :D
A quick definition of "Farkle":
Fancy
Accessory
Really
Kool
Likely
Expensive

Buckeye Bleau
04-24-2017, 07:38 AM
It's the big black hole where all your money goes for stuff you want but probably don't actually need that makes your ride "cool!"

:agree: A very good definition. I also want to add that if you continue visiting this site, the black hole expands and becomes more powerful as each week passes. Stay away!

Joe

BajaRon
04-24-2017, 08:29 AM

This is what all of the F3 owners say.... Until they try the bar.

In the prototype testing phase of the F3 bar kit I could not get anyone to even try the bar because the F3 handles so well right out of the box. Even my FREE offer got no takers! Even my good friends declined because they assured me that the bar was not needed on the F3. I did not want to market my sway bar for the F3 if, indeed, it was not needed. I'm not into selling ice cubes to Eskimos!

I finally got a call from a good friend, one that had declined my previoius pleading on bended knee. He said he had a friend who had just replaced his older Spyder with an F3 and wanted to install my bar on it. This person proposed that he install my bar on his friends F3. Then they would both go for an extended ride on a twisty road in the area. They would then swap F3's for the ride back. And at least I would get input on my bar's effect from 2 experienced riders.

Upon his return from the 'Test' ride my friend said, 'Send me another bar kit'. He said that his F3 was great with the stock bar, and fantastic with my bar installed.

Since that day I've had a great number of very satisfied F3 owners. I want to thank everyone here on Spyderlovers for your great support of not only myself, but for all the sponsors on this web site! We make a GREAT Team! :thumbup:

Highwayman2013
04-24-2017, 08:37 AM
This is what all of the F3 owners say.... Until they try the bar.

In the prototype testing phase of the F3 bar kit I could not get anyone to even try the bar because the F3 handles so well right out of the box. Even my FREE offer got no takers! Even my good friends declined because they assured me that the bar was not needed on the F3. I did not want to market my sway bar for the F3 if, indeed, it was not needed. I'm not into selling ice cubes to Eskimos!

I finally got a call from a good friend, one that had declined my pleading on bended knee. He said he had a friend who had just replaced his older Spyder with an F3 who wanted to install my bar. This person proposed that he install my bar on his friends F3. Then they would both go for an extended ride on a twisty road in the area. They would then swap F3's for the ride back. And at least I would get input on my bar's effect from 2 experienced riders.

Upon his return my friend said, 'Send me another bar kit'. He said that his F3 was great with the stock bar, and fantastic with my bar installed.

Since that day I've had a great number of very satisfied F3 owners. I want to thank everyone here on Spyderlovers for your great support of not only myself, but for all the sponsors on this web site! We make a GREAT Team! :thumbup:
Works great on our new F3 Limited.

Peteoz
04-24-2017, 03:18 PM
Works great on our new F3 Limited.

Yep, same on mine, Highwayman. There is no way I would ever go back to stock after installing Ron's bar. For me, the F3-L now just seems far more "planted"......but everyone rides slightly differently ;)

Pete