PDA

View Full Version : 2016 F3-T with Top Case - Radio too loud???

Ikindred
04-19-2017, 09:32 AM
I know that no one has ever said "My radio is too loud" but mine is. I have a 2016 F3-T that I added the top case on to. The speakers that are in the top case are way too loud. On setting 1 (or the first up from mute) is just blaring loud. I have gone into the settings to see if something needs to be changed but I can't figure it out. I can't imagine what it would be like if I actually turned up the volume a few notches! Has anyone else had this problem?

I know I will need the higher volume for the highway but not just to be riding around town.

Copperman
04-19-2017, 09:39 AM
I know that no one has ever said "My radio is too loud" but mine is. I have a 2016 F3-T that I added the top case on to. The speakers that are in the top case are way too loud. On setting 1 (or the first up from mute) is just blaring loud. I have gone into the settings to see if something needs to be changed but I can't figure it out. I can't imagine what it would be like if I actually turned up the volume a few notches! Has anyone else had this problem?

I know I will need the higher volume for the highway but not just to be riding around town.

As soon as your radio is on, and too loud, tap tap tap the down arrow. That will lower your volume. When you hold down the down arrow, that will mute the volume

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-19-2017, 10:07 AM
It might be possible that your radio setting has 90% of volume being sent to those rear speakers ...... check the balance / fader setting ..... Mike :thumbup:

Chupaca
04-19-2017, 11:01 AM
:agree: not familiar with your sound system but many have a default volume setting and yours may also be loud. Now if it is only the rear speakers it would be like Mike stated...

Ikindred
04-19-2017, 11:10 AM
how do you change the balance? I don't see a setting for balance.

Highwayman2013
04-19-2017, 11:24 AM
I don't have the extra rear trunk but hit mode until you get to preferences and scroll down the first list to audio. Then across to the settings. I remember there was some upload to the radio that had to be done when the trunk was added. Did they do it?

Lamonster
04-19-2017, 12:00 PM
There is a software download that has to be performed when you add the topcase with amp and speakers. Check with your dealer.

T.P.
04-20-2017, 07:46 AM
I have the top case, have done the radio update and have no option to fade front speakers or back one's. I have looked for this option twice.

T.P.

Cruzr Joe
04-20-2017, 09:10 AM
It might be possible that your radio setting has 90% of volume being sent to those rear speakers ...... check the balance / fader setting ..... Mike :thumbup:

:agree::agree:

TomG
04-22-2017, 06:33 AM
:agree::agree:

I had what sounds like same problem after topbox install on my 2016 F3L; back speaker volume was very high, even when turn volume down so low that the front speakers could not be heard. had the software update installed via the radio's USP port, and problem is fixed.
FYI: update also fixes a problem of the radio over charging device connected to it's USP port.

TomG

rays hell
04-22-2017, 08:18 AM
How can I tell if mine is over charging my I phone ?

TomG
04-22-2017, 09:01 AM
How can I tell if mine is over charging my I phone ?
I have no idea. i keep an ipod connected all the time, and perhaps it has been overcharging. I mentioned it in my post simply because the dealer mentioned it to me.
TomG

one2doo
04-24-2017, 07:19 PM
There is a software download that has to be performed when you add the topcase with amp and speakers. Check with your dealer.
This is the fix. Just did mine.