PDA

View Full Version : Black Holes, missing socks, and safe places. (Thanks for the save Spyderpops!)

zuni
04-18-2017, 04:55 PM
What do they all have in common you ask/ Missing items, be it planets, time, socks, or important things. Hopefully you have never lost a planet but who hasn't lost a sock? Either never to be seen again or to come unceremoniously a pant leg or a skirt (well not me personally but you get the picture) at an inconvenient time. Most people probably have black hole friends or projects that can make days, weeks, or months disappear at the snap of a finger.

Then there are safe places. You have those don't you? You have something important you don't want to lose or misplace. You know you will need it but it doesn't have a home so you put it in a "safe place" so you will know right where it is at the appropriate time.

I sometimes feel I have more safe places than there are grains of sand on the beach. Unfortunately when that appropriate time arrives these "safe place" items end up like socks.......never seen again or showing up like they were ejected from that black hole way after they were needed. Currently among the the safely stored are a Sena comm unit, a pocket scanner, and a 14" threaded rod for a flag mount (how in the hell do you hide something like that?!), and most recently bumpskid hardware as part of a bike project. Thankfully a kind and generous vendor, :bowdown: @spyderpops, is sending new hardware. I messaged Harvey asking for quantity and sizes so I could replace locally but he said it would be difficult and he would send some out. Obviously not his fault because I never shared the "safe place" location with him but like the awesome vendor he is he is sending them out. I offered to pay and he said he had it covered, wouldn't even let me cover the postage. I'm wondering if Harvey has "safe place" experience as well.

CJ JAX

SteveLaoyster
04-18-2017, 05:02 PM
What do they all have in common you ask/ Missing items, be it planets, time, socks, or important things. Hopefully you have never lost a planet but who hasn't lost a sock? Either never to be seen again or to come unceremoniously a pant leg or a skirt (well not me personally but you get the picture) at an inconvenient time. Most people probably have black hole friends or projects that can make days, weeks, or months disappear at the snap of a finger.

Then there are safe places. You have those don't you? You have something important you don't want to lose or misplace. You know you will need it but it doesn't have a home so you put it in a "safe place" so you will know right where it is at the appropriate time.

I sometimes feel I have more safe places than there are grains of sand on the beach. Unfortunately when that appropriate time arrives these "safe place" items end up like socks.......never seen again or showing up like they were ejected from that black hole way after they were needed. Currently among the the safely stored are a Sena comm unit, a pocket scanner, and a 14" threaded rod for a flag mount (how in the hell do you hide something like that?!), and most recently bumpskid hardware as part of a bike project. Thankfully a kind and generous vendor, :bowdown: @spyderpops, is sending new hardware. I messaged Harvey asking for quantity and sizes so I could replace locally but he said it would be difficult and he would send some out. Obviously not his fault because I never shared the "safe place" location with him but like the awesome vendor he is he is sending them out. I offered to pay and he said he had it covered, wouldn't even let me cover the postage. I'm wondering if Harvey has "safe place" experience as well.

CJ JAX

Kudos for Spyderpops!!!!!:yes::yes::yes: They are awesome!!

When I was growing up everyone in the house insisted that our dryer liked to eat socks. They were never seen again. We never considered that there might be a black hole in the dryer.

Chupaca
04-18-2017, 05:14 PM
We do have some great vendors here...:firstplace:

Bob Denman
04-18-2017, 05:38 PM
:agree: Folks seem to complain about every perceived or actual wrongdoing that occurs in their lives...

It's so nice to hear when a good thing happens out of a bad situation. :clap:
:congrats: to you, and Kudos to Harvey! :firstplace: