PDA

View Full Version : Rear Suspension

I-Day
04-17-2017, 08:24 PM
I have a 2016 F3T that was purchased new one month ago and the rear air suspension doesn't seem to stay inflated. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Peteoz
04-18-2017, 01:03 AM
I have a 2016 F3T that was purchased new one month ago and the rear air suspension doesn't seem to stay inflated. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

.....bit more info please, I-day?? Is it going down a couple of psi a week.....is it going down 20psi a day? ....is it going flat as soon as you sit on it? .....without that sort of info, it's hard to have many thoughts at all :thumbup:

Pete

PMK
04-18-2017, 04:40 AM

A while back one of our local riders had a similar problem on her RT. To compare, I installed a gauge onto the filler port of our RT. The gauge was a style that could remain attached. After 24 hrs, our machine had zero psi loss overnight and was checked at the same temp.

You would be unhappy and unsafe if this were a fuel leak. Handling may be compromised if the pressure bleeds down. Have it repaired under warranty, it is a defect in the build quality.

if you must try and fix it yourself, ensure the valve has no leaks, then spray a mix of dish soap and water on the tube connections and watch for bubbles.

I-Day
04-18-2017, 05:16 AM
.....bit more info please, I-day?? Is it going down a couple of psi a week.....is it going down 20psi a day? ....is it going flat as soon as you sit on it? .....without that sort of info, it's hard to have many thoughts at all :thumbup:

Pete

It seems to be preset at 35 psi. I tried to to raise it to 50 psi and within one or two minutes it was back down to 35 psi!

Peteoz
04-18-2017, 03:46 PM
It seems to be preset at 35 psi. I tried to to raise it to 50 psi and within one or two minutes it was back down to 35 psi!

Now you have provided more info, I still don't have a bloody clue:shocked:..... your F3-T stays at 35psi once it gets there? There is no preset at 35psi. If you leave it long enough between checks (like months) it can get down to zero psi.

Pete

bandito
04-19-2017, 10:18 AM
I had the same issue with my new RT. Since it is under warranty I took it back to the dealer. They found an electrical plug unplugged from the factory. I have found several issues with quality control from the factory. Sorry, I just reread your post. Mine would drop to zero when left for any length of time. Also could hear the compressor cycling on and off when stopped. I still would take it to the dealer if practical.

Bob Denman
04-19-2017, 10:24 AM
This looks like a job for the dealer. nojoke
Document how quickly the shock is losing air, and make sure that they are aware of how quickly it is losing air.
Good luck; please let us know what they find! :thumbup:

Supaagent
06-17-2017, 07:23 PM

I have an 2016 F3T and want to check the rear suspension but can't seem to find valve. Is it under drivers seat or passenger seat?

Bob Denman
06-18-2017, 08:12 AM
Have you actually looked in your manual yet? :dontknow:
Page 51...
(These things are actually pretty useful, once you open them up!) :D

Highwayman2013
06-18-2017, 09:26 AM
I have an 2016 F3T and want to check the rear suspension but can't seem to find valve. Is it under drivers seat or passenger seat?

The valve is under the passenger seat, push in and turn the key toward the wrench.

Supaagent
06-18-2017, 12:41 PM
Page 51...

Yes smart ass I checked the manual and beside noting that the warning label is under the seat it gives no information that the valve is located way in the lower left corner. I did find it and it was a zero psi. I just had it serviced and specifically asked the technician if he could adjust shock and he replied that the 2016 had no adjustment. It's amazing how little these guys know about the product they sell. I also checked the tire pressure and all the tires had too much air in them. i made all the adjustments and took a ride to Malibu, what a difference.

Bob Denman
06-18-2017, 12:44 PM
:D :clap: :firstplace:
But after doing all of that: you never looked under either of the seats? :dontknow:

Supaagent
06-18-2017, 12:53 PM
:D :clap: :firstplace:
But after doing all of that: you never looked under either of the seats? :dontknow:

Get a life. Guess you don't have much to do but troll the forum and be a dick. :yikes::yikes:

rudym
06-18-2017, 02:56 PM
Page 51...

wont find what your looking for on page 51 - I looked, not there:
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1059939/Can-Am-Spyder-F3tm-2016.html?page=51#manual
if you go to page 36 you will find this bs...
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1059939/Can-Am-Spyder-F3tm-2016.html?term=suspension&page=38#manual
and then this:
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1059939/Can-Am-Spyder-F3tm-2016.html?page=141&term=rear+suspension

jeez.

Bob Denman
06-18-2017, 04:55 PM
Get a life. Guess you don't have much to do but troll the forum and be a dick. :yikes::yikes:

:clap: :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: :2thumbs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0K63RYrlXc

Peteoz
06-18-2017, 05:08 PM
Yes smart ass I checked the manual and beside noting that the warning label is under the seat it gives no information that the valve is located way in the lower left corner. I did find it and it was a zero psi. I just had it serviced and specifically asked the technician if he could adjust shock and he replied that the 2016 had no adjustment. It's amazing how little these guys know about the product they sell. I also checked the tire pressure and all the tires had too much air in them. i made all the adjustments and took a ride to Malibu, what a difference.

But the technician is right, Supagent, if you asked him to adjust the shock. There is no adjustment. The adjustable air spring is a separate item from the shock, to adjust your ride height and comfort. He may know more about the Spyder than you think! ;)

Pete

rudym
06-18-2017, 07:11 PM
But the technician is right, Supagent, if you asked him to adjust the shock. There is no adjustment. The adjustable air spring is a separate item from the shock, to adjust your ride height and comfort. He may know more about the Spyder than you think! ;)

Pete

THATS HOW I UNDERSTAND IT.:firstplace:

Supaagent
06-18-2017, 09:57 PM
THATS HOW I UNDERSTAND IT.:firstplace:
Thanks for the info but you would think that he would have at least checked since I mentioned I was having an issue. The air was on zero and the spyder was hitting the ground.

Peteoz
06-18-2017, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the info but you would think that he would have at least checked since I mentioned I was having an issue. The air was on zero and the spyder was hitting the ground.

OK, you win, your Spyder tech is clueless ;)

Pete

Bob Denman
06-19-2017, 06:53 AM
:D