PDA

View Full Version : Space bar inoperative when I "reply with quote"

petegtsv10
04-11-2017, 01:29 PM
Title really says it all. Anywhere else on the internet and/or this forum the space bar operates. When I type a "reply with quote" on this forum, there are no spaces between words. If I go back to my sentence with the cursor, I can insert spaces. What's up?

Spider-man
04-11-2017, 01:41 PM
Title really says it all. Anywhere else on the internet and/or this forum the space bar operates. When I type a "reply with quote" on this forum, there are no spaces between words. If I go back to my sentence with the cursor, I can insert spaces. What's up?

I've had the same problem, even had it now replying to this. If I hit the return key and then back up my space bar works. :banghead:

Y Rider
04-11-2017, 02:02 PM

Seems to be working correctly for me. However, I am using Microsoft Edge 38.14393.0.0.

Firefly
04-11-2017, 02:07 PM
Yup.. it does that sometimes.. just hit 'enter' a few times then it goes away.. you can then go back up to the top and type like normal.

Strange interwebs...

I've noticed that TapaTalk no longer works either.

Bob Denman
04-11-2017, 02:12 PM
It's a little more work; but here's how I've coped with this phenomenon:
I'll simply highlight the copy from another post, then copy, and paste it into mine.
(Putting quotation marks around it; once I've got it in place...)

billybovine
04-11-2017, 04:01 PM
Period, Return, Return. Then the spacebar will work just fine.

BajaRon
04-11-2017, 05:14 PM
I have the same problem. Also on PM replies. I'd say same system.

I hit the 'Enter' key. It drops down a line and then the space bar works. Or, you can put a comma (') between each word! :rolleyes:

Plenty of workarounds. But a very unique problem. I've not encountered it anywhere else.

SteveLaoyster
04-11-2017, 05:43 PM
I have had problems with it too when replying with a quote. I found if I start right at the end of the quote everything works fine. When I'm done I put the cursor at the beginning of my response & hit the enter key to space my stuff away.

Chupaca
04-11-2017, 05:48 PM
Sporatic as to who..must be some operating systems. I have it only if I want to reply to a post. Then the steps above work...:thumbup:

petegtsv10
04-12-2017, 09:49 AM
Period, Return, Return. Then the spacebar will work just fine.

Of the "solutions" offered, yours is the only one that works for me. Thanks.