PDA

View Full Version : Travel cover?

whiteyron
04-09-2017, 09:07 AM
Has anyone found a good cover for the Spyder RT that can be used when you trailer your Spyder on the road? :coffee::coffee::coffee:

Larry rt
04-09-2017, 09:20 AM
I have used the BRP half cover with no issues. I know you get more recommendations from the group. Good luck, enjoy!

pwm
04-09-2017, 09:43 AM
I have used the BRP travel cover with no issues. I also have the 1/2 cover but have not used it for trailer.

Lin
04-09-2017, 09:46 AM
In my opinion- trailering with a cover is not recommended. I do not have a trailer yet(I have an Ultimate open trailer on order), but I worked with industrial fabrics for nearly 35 years. It is the movement of the material against the body panels that will cause problems. I'm planning on washing my Spyder upon reaching my destination and using my cover at night or when not in use.

Chupaca
04-09-2017, 11:26 AM
:agree: use the cover when stopped overnight or longer parking periods. The covers tend to damage the finish and stress other parts while driving on the freeways...

IdahoMtnSpyder
04-09-2017, 06:30 PM
Has anyone found a good cover for the Spyder RT that can be used when you trailer your Spyder on the road? :coffee::coffee::coffee:
The general consensus is no such thing exists because of the scuffing of paint that can or will occur when the wind whips the cover against the body.

lorie.gossman
04-09-2017, 07:03 PM

I have used a Geza cover on both of my Spyders while trailering and on my Triumphs without any damage.
gezagear.com

Jim&Teresa
04-09-2017, 07:44 PM
I have used the BRP half cover with no issues. I know you get more recommendations from the group. Good luck, enjoy!

+1 :agree: We use our BRP half cover all of the time for overnights, raining, etc. It's always with us and goes on/off quickly. :thumbup:

THE HALF COVER IS ONLY USED WHEN PARKED - NEVER USED ON THE SPYDER DURING TRAVELING ON THE TRAILER - ALWAYS LEAVE THE SPYDER "UNCOVERED" WHEN TRAILERING......(I hope I understood your question)!

Big F
04-09-2017, 09:49 PM

I got the full BRP travel cover with my Spyder purchase and it didn't last with the wind whipping constantly going down the road on my open trailer. got a free replacement and it worked for one season and the next season tore in shreds??? it even says it is good for traveling?? they lie!!!
If anyone finds a serviceable cover that will withstand the wind whipping going down the road let us all know..
I have the half cover for overnight parking, etc. but there is no way that would stay on going down the road on an open trailer...
BIG F

Bfromla
04-09-2017, 11:30 PM
:gaah::yikes::lecturef_smilie: NEVER COVER SPYDER FOR TRAILERING!nojoke
The flutter of wind will make ANY cover act as sandpaper on the paint:banghead::banghead::banghead::barf:Everywher e it touches so it wont be one small spot either but several scattered all over :shocked::shocked::shocked: If you have to trailer :spyder2: Just follow few basics
1: ONLY on FLAT BED where all 3 tires can be secured:lecturef_smilie:(Enclosed or not )
2: Properly secure all 3 tires as instructed by owners manual
(thru rims not drive sprocket)
3: HAVE FACING FORWARD doesn't cause damage to wind shield.