PDA

View Full Version : freedom trailers - anyone installed extra racks?

spyder238
04-08-2017, 02:25 PM
HAs any one put a rack on their trailers to carry extra gas cans on long trips. planning an 1100 mile trip this summer.

Cruzr Joe
04-08-2017, 02:36 PM
I carry a small box in my trailer with a gallon of gas, quart of oil and other necessities. The gallon of gas is in a sealed container.

Cruzr Joe

WA5VHU
04-08-2017, 08:25 PM
I put some fairly thin diamond plate aluminium over my top box to carry a small fuel can plus it is amazing how it keeps the inside of the top box cool in the sun, just a couple of degrees above ambient! I used four 1/4" x 1" threaded spacers to mount it, all stainless.

You might be able to do something like that on your trailer.

WilderThomas
04-20-2017, 02:26 PM
HAs any one put a rack on their trailers to carry extra gas cans on long trips. planning an 1100 mile trip this summer.

Go to www.mymagictank.com. You can buy as little as a half liter of emergency non flammable fuel that can be carried in your saddlebag.

Blue Star
04-20-2017, 05:53 PM

I bought a metal planter box, and a couple square U bolts to attach the planter box to the bar behind the hitch clamp. It is big enough to put in a two gallon gas can.

Please excuse the paint job. I found out after the fact that you cannot use rattle can paint on plastic without proper primer.