PDA

View Full Version : Bad display?

bobstar
04-08-2017, 01:34 PM
Hi All,
I hope someone on the forum can help me. I have a 2010 RT-S with just under 21,000 miles. Last season I installed a new battery and ran the bike for about 6 weeks before putting it in storage for the winter. It had a battery tender on it all the while in storage. Monitor light on tender was green all winter. Today I started bike and the LCD display shows a black screen and in upper left it says "lcd_init complete" and under that it says "lcd_on complete" . When key is first turned on the screen goes gray for a split second the analog needles cycle up and down then screen goes black with message. I have removed cluster and unplugged and reinstalled it with no change. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Bob

Chupaca
04-08-2017, 01:44 PM
Tis the time of year for these questions....Start with going to the battery and lossening the cables, move them side to side to clear and re-tighten. Check screen if all is well you may have had some corrosion on the terminals. if not...hook up to a jumper (if car, not running) and see if that gets things going. If so it may be the tender or battery/connections are not working properly.. Then move on the reseating and checking all fuses and relays...Then let us know...:thumbup:

bobstar
04-08-2017, 02:03 PM
The bike starts and runs fine the display is just goofy. I checked battery terminals and fuses, all seems fine. I also put jumpers on to a battery from camper to check if that made any difference but it didn't.

Jeriatric
04-08-2017, 02:12 PM
Being that it was fine when you put her up for the winter. Have you noticed if she provided refuge to any critters over the winter? They're known to favorite such places, as you well know.

bobstar
04-08-2017, 02:14 PM
I have seen no evidence of mice or anything else around.

Jeriatric
04-08-2017, 02:22 PM
I have seen no evidence of mice or anything else around.

That's a good thing. Those little devils have an affinity for wiring.