PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota 3 wheel license?

Paula
04-07-2017, 06:44 PM
Long story short. I took my test last fall on my Spyder, passed. I received my updated license in the mail today ( I purposely waited to have it put on). On the back under endorsements it says " none" and under restrictions it says " 3 wheel".

Shouldn't it say "motorcycle" under the endorsement section and 3 wheel under the restriction area? What does yours say?

Of course the dmv would be the one to ask but it is a weekend...

Thanks

stevencovert
04-07-2017, 06:49 PM
Mine here in Virginia has "M3" under endorsements (we have M2 & M3 now). Restrictions are glasses, etc. It's on there and would show up if an officer pulled you up on the computer, wouldn't panic about it.

ARtraveler
04-07-2017, 08:18 PM
Long story short. I took my test last fall on my Spyder, passed. I received my updated license in the mail today ( I purposely waited to have it put on). On the back under endorsements it says " none" and under restrictions it says " 3 wheel".

Shouldn't it say "motorcycle" under the endorsement section and 3 wheel under the restriction area? What does yours say?

Of course the dmv would be the one to ask but it is a weekend...

Thanks

It looks to me like you are restricted to three wheel mc driving. That is what Linda has here. Don't matter because she is not planning on riding on two.

gkamer
04-08-2017, 07:32 AM
My Washington license shows Class A 5TN Restrictions U. On the back, under endorsements it shows "5 Motorcycle with sidecar/trike only" "T- Double or Triple" and "N Tank Vehicle Liquid/Gasses".

Paula
04-08-2017, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the info. I have an email sent off to the DMV. The person had a very hard time when he updated my license. It took over an hour and mutiple phone calls so I am leary since it doesn't have anything listed under endorsements... I have to drive to the town next Friday so will swing in and double check.

Chupaca
04-08-2017, 09:58 AM
We are one of the ones that don't need and endorsement....:clap:I dropped my M class because we have to re-test at every renewal and it is a pain. I think the DMV decided that because the spyder is too large to lane split that it might as well be a car....:lecturef_smilie::roflblack: But worth checking with a LEO or your DMV

whiteyron
04-08-2017, 12:07 PM
If you took the test on your Spyder, you are restricted to three wheels. If you took your test on a two wheel motorcycle you can ride either.

ARtraveler
04-08-2017, 01:18 PM
If you took the test on your Spyder, you are restricted to three wheels. If you took your test on a two wheel motorcycle you can ride either.

That is also the way it works in Alaska. When I moved to AK, in 2001, I had the MC endorsement from WI. Had to take written tests for both auto and mc. Got 100 % in both, so they did not have me take either driving test. The just issued my license with mc endorsement attached. Been good to go ever since.

Paula
04-09-2017, 12:59 PM
Thanks for your time. I understand about the restriction area saying 3 wheel, just dont understand why nothing listed under endoresments section. Those who have only 3 wheel license endorsement in MN look on the back of yours? I shouldn't let this bug me but it will...

On the plus side had a nice ride yesterday to Caswell cycle in Mora, Mn. Dropped "Big Bertha" off for routine look see, tires, sway bar and lazer alignment :yes:. Also test drove an F3... man does an F3 hug the road :f_spider:.