PDA

View Full Version : it's getting too hot!!!

aka1004
04-19-2009, 08:24 PM
almost:D
this was in palm springs,ca at 1:30 pm

Dudley
04-19-2009, 08:26 PM

It's just warming up! Was really great in Jacumba today. The Meet and Eat Tom's Farms was really nice yesterday. Wish you could have been there.

Smylinacha
04-19-2009, 08:35 PM

I'd have to turn that trunk into a cooler! That is HOT!

SpyderGirl
04-19-2009, 08:48 PM
We took a ride up to wine country and it was in the low 90's. It was pretty warm out, but nice. I'm glad I've stopped sweating finally.

quackerz
04-19-2009, 09:10 PM
Going home from the meet and great in corona my :spyder2:temp was reading 125 with five bars.Thats the hottest my temps been. I love the 91 on a hot day in stop and go traffic. lol. Had a great time with everyone. To all that attended, thanks for the warm greetings and friendly faces.

quackerz

Dudley
04-20-2009, 12:14 AM
Going home from the meet and great in corona my :spyder2:temp was reading 125 with five bars.Thats the hottest my temps been. I love the 91 on a hot day in stop and go traffic. lol. Had a great time with everyone. To all that attended, thanks for the warm greetings and friendly faces.

quackerz

I never thought of reading my temp going to Pirate's house, but it felt great! Must have been at least 85. Jennifer never looked either. Was just nice to be WARM!!!!!!

dltang
04-20-2009, 08:11 AM
I know my temp gauge is always off when it is just sitting there. It takes about 10 minutes of riding for it to get close to a correct temp and even then it is always showing about 2-3 degrees warmer than it really is. But regardless of all that, you should be ashamed of showing temps like that when we are still getting nights with frost.:wrong: You are complaining about the heat and we are wondering where is the heat.:gaah: But seriously, I am glad to hear you are having great weather for riding and I can't wait until I get to complain about the heat too.:ohyea:

Roaddog2
04-20-2009, 08:28 AM
I know my temp gauge is always off when it is just sitting there. It takes about 10 minutes of riding for it to get close to a correct temp and even then it is always showing about 2-3 degrees warmer than it really is. But regardless of all that, you should be ashamed of showing temps like that when we are still getting nights with frost.:wrong: You are complaining about the heat and we are wondering where is the heat.:gaah: But seriously, I am glad to hear you are having great weather for riding and I can't wait until I get to complain about the heat too.:ohyea::agree::agree:Though this weekend was great around here :ani29: Morning frost also :coffee:

Big Arm
04-20-2009, 08:46 AM

WOW... 105 ??? aka1004 and Dudley, you need to add a few more of those northern states to your map. :ohyea:

ptoemmes
04-20-2009, 09:06 AM
105 and only four bars....how did you manage that?

aka1004
04-20-2009, 09:08 AM
WOW... 105 ??? aka1004 and Dudley, you need to add a few more of those northern states to your map. :ohyea:

i am hoping to this year, but

when it's 90 degrees there:D

aka1004
04-20-2009, 09:17 AM
105 and only four bars....how did you manage that?

my temp gauge stays between 4 and 6 bars (very normal, fan kicks in at 6 than it brings back to 4) at any ambient temp, unless i am on freeway speed than it goes to 3. when it was cold (by our standard) it was on 2 bars on freeway. i live in los angeles so getting stuck in bumper to bumper traffic is a daily occurence, and spyder has never over-heated.

i am not wearing shorts again thou. it was like someone had a heat gun on back of my right ankle. left side was not bad, only right side gotten unbearably hot. oh and, i may not be getting footboards. i put my feet where it would be with footboard and it was hot hot hot. i will have to try with long pants thou.

Dudley
04-20-2009, 10:15 AM

We are planning a trip to Nova Scotia starting from California, last week of June. Going East on the southern route, returning West on the Northen route, so we will be adding about 26 states, if I counted right. Anyway, we will be posting on the Forum dailey, doing a diary/picture Thread. We will be posting about 2 weeks before we leave with our final (?) route plans and ask for any input from anyone about what to see along the route. Also hoping to meet some other Spyder Ryders along the route. We are retired, so will not be in any rush to burn some slab, just a leisure ride to take in the beauty of nature and snap a few pictures of history.

SpyderByter
04-20-2009, 09:31 PM
We are planning a trip to Nova Scotia starting from California, last week of June. Going East on the southern route, returning West on the Northen route, so we will be adding about 26 states, if I counted right. Anyway, we will be posting on the Forum dailey, doing a diary/picture Thread. We will be posting about 2 weeks before we leave with our final (?) route plans and ask for any input from anyone about what to see along the route. Also hoping to meet some other Spyder Ryders along the route. We are retired, so will not be in any rush to burn some slab, just a leisure ride to take in the beauty of nature and snap a few pictures of history.

:2thumbs: Sounds great, keep us posted

Desert Spyder
04-20-2009, 10:07 PM
You and Jen have a great time. Did anybody see the T-Rex in the parking lot at Tom's Farms?

Dudley
04-20-2009, 10:13 PM
You and Jen have a great time. Did anybody see the T-Rex in the parking lot at Tom's Farms?

Yes, it passed in front of us as we talked in the parking lot before we left. We followed Pirate to his house so he could work on our parking brake. He did a great job!

Dudley
04-21-2009, 12:53 AM
Was a mild 92 in Jacumba today. Did some painting in the Spyder castle. Didn't seem that hot, but it was nice! Just gotta love this desert!!!

Dudley
04-21-2009, 06:32 PM
I's 93F here today, SpyderLovers. Wish you were here!

docdoru
04-21-2009, 06:44 PM
i am not wearing shorts again thou. it was like someone had a heat gun on back of my right ankle. left side was not bad, only right side gotten unbearably hot. oh and, i may not be getting footboards. i put my feet where it would be with footboard and it was hot hot hot. i will have to try with long pants thou.

You may need to check for a bad gaskets :dontknow: