PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used this type of towing for the Spyder and if so, what is your opinion?

JerryKaren
03-31-2017, 02:38 PM
http://motorcycle-rack.com/CanAm_Tow_System.html

Bob Denman
03-31-2017, 02:44 PM
This setup was discussed in here about a Month ago...
Towing a Spyder backwards, with it's nose down... is a recipe for a disaster! :shocked:
If you don't tear the nose off on a dip in the road: you're just as likely to lose the windshield...
(It's not designed for high-speed backing up!)

JerryKaren
03-31-2017, 02:58 PM

The thread on this, all the answers were opinions and none from someone who has used it. The windshield can be removed when traveling.

Road-Kill
03-31-2017, 03:08 PM

I would only use that to get my ryde to a close enough dealer and only at a slower speed. To travel long distances at highwayspeed is way too risky considering the ground clearance, angle of Spyder for the front shocks, wheels turning etc. I'll stick with my trailer. My thoughts

Jeriatric
03-31-2017, 03:13 PM
Never in a million years would I. No way!

DaveM
03-31-2017, 03:16 PM
Put it on a trailer.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

youngers
03-31-2017, 03:25 PM
I am looking too purchase a trailer , and thought of these type deals , but I would feel better knowing that the cycle is riding on a more durable type system , like a trailer ...

Cruzr Joe
03-31-2017, 04:14 PM
Not towing my spyder that way.:lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smilie::lecturef_sm ilie::lecturef_smilie:

Cruzr Joe

DrewNJ
03-31-2017, 04:19 PM
The thread on this, all the answers were opinions and none from someone who has used it. The windshield can be removed when traveling.
But yet they are out of stock??...Pick one up and give it a shot. Let everyone know how it works out for you. [emoji106]

Personally, I've never liked any trailer rig that drags the wheels, unless it's a hooptie or an emergency.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

kep-up
03-31-2017, 04:23 PM
ABSOLUTELY NO BLOODY WAY!!!!!!!

Bob Denman
03-31-2017, 05:45 PM

Okay: so get one, and give it a try... :thumbup:

bmccaffrey
03-31-2017, 06:15 PM
Never in a million years would I. No way!

AGREE AGREE

Jeriatric
03-31-2017, 06:37 PM

My apologies.

:doorag:

IdahoMtnSpyder
03-31-2017, 07:00 PM
If I were you I'd call them and ask for references to buyers. You stand a much better chance of honest user opinions that way. Either no one here has used one, or if they have they aren't seeing these threads.

Chupaca
03-31-2017, 09:12 PM
Your not going to get a user answer here for the very reason you are getting the above opinons... where we have seen the problem with the windsheilds were on trailers mounted backwards so that is an issue as for the nose....many have damaged theirs coming off and on trailers going backwards...:dontknow:

ARtraveler
03-31-2017, 09:15 PM
Your not going to get a user answer here for the very reason you are getting the above opinons... where we have seen the problem with the windsheilds were on trailers mounted backwards so that is an issue as for the nose....many have damaged theirs coming off and on trailers going backwards...:dontknow:

:agree: x 2:thumbup:

kngfsh27
04-01-2017, 12:55 PM
I can see that towing a Spyder this way would be good for picking a nice road debris or roadkill trophy.