PDA

View Full Version : Question about needing or not needing a power commander

PR Spyder rt
03-29-2017, 12:41 AM
Does anyone on this site have a 998 RT with the cat delete air kit and aftermarket exhaust running without a power commander or a juice box or am I definitely going to need one please advise

AY4B
03-29-2017, 05:34 AM
I have an ST (998) with Cat delete and an Akrapovic silencer. No power commander needed. You just need to run it at idle for 15 min after install to let the computer reset itself. It will readjust to the new setup automatically.

Peter Aawen
03-29-2017, 05:59 AM
Similar set-up ^^ on my V-Twin 2013 RT - no Power Commander & no issues at all after letting it idle for 10 mins or so to let everything settle after the cat delete & muffler went on!! And it now returns better fuel economy with noticeably improved mid range grunt too!! What's not to like?!? :thumbup:

PR Spyder rt
03-29-2017, 09:13 AM
I have an ST (998) with Cat delete and an Akrapovic silencer. No power commander needed. You just need to run it at idle for 15 min after install to let the computer reset itself. It will readjust to the new setup automatically.

Thankyou sir I sure hope so will let yall know

PR Spyder rt
03-29-2017, 09:14 AM
Similar set-up ^^ on my V-Twin 2013 RT - no Power Commander & no issues at all after letting it idle for 10 mins or so to let everything settle after the cat delete & muffler went on!! And it now returns better fuel economy with noticeably improved mid range grunt too!! What's not to like?!? :thumbup:

Thanks Pete will try it out soon appreciate your assistance

Firefly
03-29-2017, 12:41 PM
Nah.. don't need it. Juice box has been discontinued and simply wasn't nearly as good as the Power Commander.

Chupaca
03-29-2017, 12:56 PM
Not needed my 998 engine is modified and never needed one. From what you will read hear the main complaint was the popping/backfiring and or missing. I have found this to be more prevelent in the SE models. The missing not so much but you can control that much easier with the manual clutch. Best way to know what works for you is make the changes and ryde....then add if you think you need it...:thumbup:

PR Spyder rt
03-29-2017, 04:45 PM
Not needed my 998 engine is modified and never needed one. From what you will read hear the main complaint was the popping/backfiring and or missing. I have found this to be more prevelent in the SE models. The missing not so much but you can control that much easier with the manual clutch. Best way to know what works for you is make the changes and ryde....then add if you think you need it...:thumbup:

Once again thanks for you help you guys are awesome