PDA

View Full Version : Let the farkling begin......

bcer960
03-25-2017, 07:17 PM
Well the sun finally came out today, so this afternoon I started working on the bike. I decided to start on the easy ones, and just keep taking panels off, and then when I get to the harder ones, the tupperware will already be removed.
So today I got the rear turn signal LED's installed. The reverse light LED's installed. I switched out the antenna for the "Value Accessories" shortie antenna. I probably did far more work to get this antenna out than I had too, removing the whole side of the tupperware to get to the antenna base. But, as I said, I need it off later anyway.
I got the Front grills installed (from Pierre and Spyder TV) and I got the Glo-ryders on.

I hope tomorrow is as nice, I have a bunch more to do......:ohyea:

Ray

cognaccruiser
03-25-2017, 07:34 PM
Sounds good. Try to post some pics when done.
Was nice here to the south of you too until it rained mid afternoon but it is sunny again now.
You ever get down to the Penticton area?

Gary

bcer960
03-25-2017, 10:14 PM
You ever get down to the Penticton area?

Gary

I do from time to time, still hoping for insurance apr 1st, but we will see.....
I'll take pics tomorrow.

Bob Denman
03-26-2017, 08:02 AM
:shocked: This whole farkling thing can get out of control... nojoke

When it gets to this point:

Please seek an intervention... Or a winning PowerBall Ticket! :D

bcer960
03-26-2017, 10:40 AM
:shocked: This whole farkling thing can get out of control... nojoke
:D

It's been along winter here, and I've been collecting farkles..... 6 or 7 more to go on.

bcer960
03-26-2017, 08:58 PM
Not a nice day ... again. But i still kept farkling. Instead of outside, i decided to put in my sequential turn signals in the mirrors.

It's a bit of a job getting the mirrors apart, but I didn't break any of the tabs. The worst part, and still not fnished, is getting the double sided tap off the back of the mirrors. In "finless bob's" video, his had a few pieces on the back of the mirrors, mine were a one piece, full size and shape of the mirror.

Anyway, back to work tomorrow, so farkling will have wait until next weekend. Maybe the sun will come out again by then

Ray

cognaccruiser
03-27-2017, 10:26 AM
[
It's a bit of a job getting the mirrors apart, but I didn't breat any of the tabs.
Ray[/QUOTE]

Ya, I just broke one of those tabs or at least I think it must have been me unless it was damaged from before. I bought a replacement and a spare for the right side. Damn things are expensive. Those magnets are looking pretty interesting.

Gary

Deanna777
03-27-2017, 02:00 PM
Well the sun finally came out today, so this afternoon I started working on the bike. I decided to start on the easy ones, and just keep taking panels off, and then when I get to the harder ones, the tupperware will already be removed.
So today I got the rear turn signal LED's installed. The reverse light LED's installed. I switched out the antenna for the "Value Accessories" shortie antenna. I probably did far more work to get this antenna out than I had too, removing the whole side of the tupperware to get to the antenna base. But, as I said, I need it off later anyway.
I got the Front grills installed (from Pierre and Spyder TV) and I got the Glo-ryders on.

I hope tomorrow is as nice, I have a bunch more to do......:ohyea:

RayRay, Which Front grills did you get( from Pierre and Spyder TV)?

I got the Front Grills also from Pierre & Spyder TV, here is a picture of the grills that I got : 145403 they are stainless steal. Deanna

bcer960
03-27-2017, 02:03 PM
Ray, Which Front grills did you get( from Pierre and Spyder TV)?

I got the Front Grills also from Pierre & Spyder TV, here is a picture of the grills that I got : 145403 they are stainless steal. Deanna

I got the two spiders from Pierre. I have installed them, but I think I'm going to take them off, remove the rubber, and spray some contact cement on the back and attach some bug screen to the back, then re-install them. The hole in the spiders looks pretty big to me. Have you had any issues with things getting through his grills.

I bought the matt black ones, am really happy with how they look.

Ray

Deanna777
03-27-2017, 02:36 PM
I got the two spiders from Pierre. I have installed them, but I think I'm going to take them off, remove the rubber, and spray some contact cement on the back and attach some bug screen to the back, then re-install them. The hole in the spiders looks pretty big to me. Have you had any issues with things getting through his grills.

I bought the matt black ones, am really happy with how they look.

RayRay, Good luck! No, I have not had issues with getting things through his grills. :nopic: of your grills.
Deanna

bcer960
03-28-2017, 08:21 PM
didn't get home till after dark last night, but tonight the sun is out, although it's only 3 deg.......:(

Anyway, here's a pic of the grills from Pierre at Can-am Spyder Accessories..see how big the holes are in the spider body? I am going to put bug screen behind it.

and my new antenna from "Value Accessories"