PDA

View Full Version : F4 Custom Windshield VS Stock Windshield on F3L

Pirate looks at --
03-24-2017, 09:36 AM
I would love to hear from folks that have installed the the F4 Windshield on an F3L or T. Which did you choose? How does the ryde compare with the stock? How do you like the looks? Ease of installation? Durability?

Thanks in advance for your insights.

wengerda
03-24-2017, 09:44 AM
I purchased a new windshield from F4 Customs and the difference is there. The OEM windshield that comes with the F3 (buffering) does not compare with the F4 Customs windshield. Make sure you get the right sized of windshield for your height. I recommend F4 Customs windshield. Don will take care of you.

Pirate looks at --
03-24-2017, 12:27 PM
Since I am 5'8" I was thinking about the 21" shield.

papanorm
03-24-2017, 12:51 PM
I have the 21" tinted F4 wind shield. I am about your height and it is much better than stock for wind protection, cleans well and remains looking light new. I can look over the top in normal riding position. Great product.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steamer
03-24-2017, 12:55 PM
I installed the 28 inch and it is a vast improvement over the Blue Ridge.
I am 5'10", but I have a sheep skin pad. There is some height adjustment and in the lowest position, I look just over the top.
Easy to clean and there is no flex at high speeds.
i do not have a vent and I might suggest that would be a good option.

Dray
03-25-2017, 08:24 AM
I just installed the 25" tinted F4 on my 2017 F3L and love it. I am 5'10" and generally
look thru the shield unless it is raining then I set up and look over for the most part.
The F4 has an excellent hard coating that sheds water pretty well. If you ride two up
your co-pilot will appreciate the protection from wind buffeting a tall shield gives.
I also have wind wings that does and excellent job of controlling the wind coming
around the sides.

Ride safe and enjoy!!

Dray:yes::yes::yes::yes:

Peteoz
03-25-2017, 06:54 PM
I installed the 28 inch and it is a vast improvement over the Blue Ridge.
I am 5'10", but I have a sheep skin pad. There is some height adjustment and in the lowest position, I look just over the top.
Easy to clean and there is no flex at high speeds.
i do not have a vent and I might suggest that would be a good option.

28"? So you don't have a Limited, Steamer? The Limited screens stop at 25".

Pete

Peteoz
03-25-2017, 06:59 PM
Make sure you get on to Don's F4 site for the F3-L, Pirate. It will ensure you get exactly the right screen height. I can't praise my 25" F4 screen highly enough. It provides plenty of protection and reduces buffeting significantly, while still allowing some airflow. The bonus of being able to clean it at a gas station using their paper towels and water is a huge bonus.

Pete

Peteoz
03-25-2017, 07:02 PM
I just installed the 25" tinted F4 on my 2017 F3L and love it. I am 5'10" and generally
look thru the shield unless it is raining then I set up and look over for the most part.

Dray:yes::yes::yes::yes:

You don't cop any grief from the authorities over there for having a tinted screen that you have to look through, Dray? They are on us like a rat up a drainpipe if we have that setup out here:shocked:

Pete

F4 Customs
03-26-2017, 04:20 PM
This video may help in your selection process. If you need our help give Don or Kim a call at 330-968-4644

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/newreply.php?p=1238911&noquote=1

stebrock
04-05-2017, 07:11 PM
2016 F3L
21" F4 clear vented
I'm 5'-11" with a 32" inseam. The wind hits me about my hairline. I think this is perfect for "around town riding". I'm thinking of getting 25" for highway/road trips.
As far as install goes you remove the 4 bolts from the OEM windshield and reinstall them (with the washers) into the F4 windshield on the original mounting brackets.
Rick

F4 Customs
04-07-2017, 07:42 AM
Thanks for your great post Rick, Let me know if you want to get another for trips and I we will certainly work with you on the price and delivery as a returning customer.
Don

2016 F3L
21" F4 clear vented
I'm 5'-11" with a 32" inseam. The wind hits me about my hairline. I think this is perfect for "around town riding". I'm thinking of getting 25" for highway/road trips.
As far as install goes you remove the 4 bolts from the OEM windshield and reinstall them (with the washers) into the F4 windshield on the original mounting brackets.
Rick

Steamer
04-07-2017, 08:20 AM
Not the limited. 2015 and pretty sure it is the 28". Works really well for me.

28"? So you don't have a Limited, Steamer? The Limited screens stop at 25".

Pete