PDA

View Full Version : Arai helmet fogging

wyliec
04-16-2009, 04:23 PM
The 'airflow spoiler' (chinvent)- when they say fully open, I took that to mean when it is up. Is it fully open when it is pulled down?

I get fogging in the morning. I have the mouth vent and brow vents open. I tried the chin vent in the fully up and down position. Maybe I didn't give it enough time to clear before putting it back in the up position, which is what I thought open meant.

When I leave work in the afternoon, there is never any fogging. Maybe there is nothing I can do about it because the cold air hitting my warm breath (in the morning) is causing the mist (condensation).

jetskier
04-16-2009, 04:32 PM
Why don't you fit a Pinlock? Gets rid of all fogging issues instantly.

wyliec
04-16-2009, 04:39 PM
Why don't you fit a Pinlock? Gets rid of all fogging issues instantly.

It has a demist lock. I'll try that tomorrow.

Thanks

jetskier
04-16-2009, 05:10 PM
But with the Pinlock visor inserted you don't need to open any vents. The Pinlock absorbs the moisture. What Arai helmet have you got?

wyliec
04-16-2009, 06:20 PM
But with the Pinlock visor inserted you don't need to open any vents. The Pinlock absorbs the moisture. What Arai helmet have you got?

I have the Profile. Is the pinlock different than the demistlock?

jetskier
04-17-2009, 01:54 AM
No, the demistlock is the tab on the lower part of the visor that locks it slightly open in order to let a stream of air in. This is fine when it doesn't rain!

The Pinlock is a moisture absorbing second screen that fits inside the visor. They come in different shades burt clear is safest of course. Most Arai helmets come with the fitting pins already in the visor. They look like two small clear plastic pins at the sides of the visor. If not you can buy a Pinlock kit with these pins to install yourself in your visor.

With a Pinlock screen on your visor you will never get fogging.

I can take some pictures of my two helmets that have Pinlock inserts if you like but here is the website for the maker...

www.pinlock.com