PDA

View Full Version : Here is the difference

Motorcycledave
03-17-2017, 11:15 AM
Hi Everyone
Dave here with some info for you.
I get asked almost every day about the SM10 Sena blue tooth transmitter and the SR10 Sena transmitter.....
here is the difference, the SM10 is used to convert the audio system you have on your Spyder to become blue tooth
so you can hear it in your helmet when you have a SENA or other brand blue tooth headset.
The SENA SR10 is different it is made for (2) Two way communication it converts the audio coming in and going out
of a two way radio set such as a CB or a HAM radio.... they are not the same.
XM radio is another thing all together and requires a different cable than the SENA SM10 uses.
if you are in need of answers give me a call don't be bashful there are no stupid questions, if I don't have the answer
I will find it or direct you to the person who has the answer...
Thanks to all of you for your support and business.
Dave

finless
03-17-2017, 12:46 PM
Also the SR-10 is mono only not stereo...

The SM-10 can pair to TWO helmets. The SR-10 can only pair to one.

Bob

P.S. Dave we keep missing each other on phone calls. Lets try later today.

Motorcycledave
03-17-2017, 08:12 PM
OK call me I am back in the shop it's 6:10PM

Also the SR-10 is mono only not stereo...

The SM-10 can pair to TWO helmets. The SR-10 can only pair to one.

Bob

P.S. Dave we keep missing each other on phone calls. Lets try later today.

IdahoMtnSpyder
03-17-2017, 09:34 PM
According to the SR-10 User Guide it will also pair via BT to a phone and a headset simultaneously.

Cavman
03-17-2017, 11:14 PM
I can do either the CB or 2 meter ham radio with the SR-10. Nice setup.

PaladinLV
03-18-2017, 01:03 AM
Not quite sure what you are trying to say here, but connecting the CanAm mp3 AUX cable to the output of the XM radio, obviously allows the XM to play thru your system.
Ergo, it will play thru the SM10.

AJ

XM radio is another thing all together and requires a different cable than the SENA SM10 uses.

Dave

IdahoMtnSpyder
03-18-2017, 02:26 PM
Not quite sure what you are trying to say here, but connecting the CanAm mp3 AUX cable to the output of the XM radio, obviously allows the XM to play thru your system.
Ergo, it will play thru the SM10.

AJ
If you have the BRP XM radio installed it shows up as XM on the cluster display and lets you select channels, etc. The entertainment harness is needed for that.