PDA

View Full Version : How some can avoid SALES TAX on Spyders and most MOTOR VEHICLES!!!!!

nyfdtsdemt
04-16-2009, 12:34 PM
For all that are in the US military on Orders in TX or TN (may be other states too) If you purchase ANY motor vehicle... There is no sales TAX at all! Only a 125.00 tariff that BRP has to pay to USA. Have a copy of your orders when purchasing. If you have already paid for it you can request a refund of the sales tax. In TN the sales tax is 9 or 9.5% count the savings!
:2excited:

Peoriafirefighter
04-16-2009, 03:24 PM
[quote=nyfdtsdemt;89803]For all that are in the US military on Orders in TX or TN (may be other states too) If you purchase ANY motor vehicle... There is no sales TAX at all! Only a 125.00 tariff that BRP has to pay to USA. Have a copy of your orders when purchasing. If you have already paid for it you can request a refund of the sales tax. In TN the sales tax is 9 or 9.5% count the savings!
:2excited:

In Illinois, if you buy a used motorcyle from an individual, you only pay a flat $25.00 tax. That is why I always buy :yes:a low mileage used motorcyle. I have 2 Spyders and a Chopper that I bought from individuals. All were still covered under warranty.

obiwanbill
04-16-2009, 05:17 PM
For all that are in the US military on Orders in TX or TN (may be other states too) If you purchase ANY motor vehicle... There is no sales TAX at all! Only a 125.00 tariff that BRP has to pay to USA. Have a copy of your orders when purchasing. If you have already paid for it you can request a refund of the sales tax. In TN the sales tax is 9 or 9.5% count the savings!
:2excited: It's called the Soldier's and Sailor's Relief Act