PDA

View Full Version : For those SM folks....

Chupaca
03-14-2017, 05:06 PM
Recently we saw some clutch problems having to do with fluid and shifting. Here is a quick check for that. There is a small cover ...144796 this cover has a weep hole but you can also take it off for confirmation. 144797 mine was leaking and running low on fluid making shifting sometimes difficult. Decided to wash the engine and change the o rings. Caution on this step...you have to hold the center screw with a 5mm Allen while you loosen the 17mm nut. If you don't you will damage the diagram for the vacuum assist system...144798 then pump the lever and the piston will pop or fly out best to have a towel over that area. Clean all parts change o rings reassemble and refill and bleed. 144799 all is well once again....:thumbup:

Buckeye Bleau
03-14-2017, 05:15 PM
Chupaca, thanks for the post, you always seem to offer a lot of very good experience and I thank you for that.

On another note I would like to say that you seem much wiser than your picture implies. :roflblack::roflblack::opps:

Joe

Chupaca
03-14-2017, 05:27 PM
Like I told my kids while growing up....I'm old thats why I know. Sadly by the time we had our youngest I was as old as all her friends grand parents....:roflblack: good thing the wife is soooo many years younger....:bowdown:

Chupaca, thanks for the post, you always seem to offer a lot of very good experience and I thank you for that.

On another note I would like to say that you seem much wiser than your picture implies. :roflblack::roflblack::opps:

Joe

Bob Denman
03-14-2017, 05:28 PM
:D Gene is WAY smarter than the average Basset Hound... :clap: :2thumbs:

Chupaca
03-14-2017, 05:36 PM
I used to raise them in south america...his name was Professor...maybe in my older age I will get another, when I know I will not outlive them...:lecturef_smilie:

:D Gene is WAY smarter than the average Basset Hound... :clap: :2thumbs: