PDA

View Full Version : They have Time To Waste on THIS???

Bob Denman
03-13-2017, 05:12 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/13/health/abortion-texas-lawmaker-trnd/

:shocked: If this law passes: I'll never be able to afford to live in Texas! :gaah:

kep-up
03-13-2017, 06:20 PM
This is too stupid to even read through, let alone make a sensible comment on it.

vided
03-13-2017, 07:27 PM

ARtraveler
03-13-2017, 07:27 PM
No comment. To stupid to consider. :yikes::yikes:

Chupaca
03-13-2017, 07:31 PM
:roflblack::banghead::banghead: there's good tax money well spent..:banghead:

ruralgirl
03-13-2017, 08:14 PM
Read the whole article, guys. TX rep Jessica Farrar doesn't expect this to go anywhere. It's simply her (well deserved) backlash at all the crap TX has done to make abortion virtually impossible. It's her attempt to make men stop and think about how they'd like to be treated like idiots and chattel.

As far as wasted taxpayer dollars, consider the millions that've been spent federally and by the states on an issue that no level of government has the right to even discuss, let alone dictate on.

JerryB
03-13-2017, 08:37 PM
Hi ruralgirl,

Re: Read the whole article, guys.

Me thinks that you ask too much.

Jerry Baumchen

vided
03-13-2017, 08:54 PM

IdahoMtnSpyder
03-13-2017, 10:06 PM
ruralgirl has it right! It's a push back against Texas male legislators doing their damnedest to prevent women exercising a Supreme Court mandated right. I personally don't condone abortion, but neither do I condone the legislators' actions.

2Paw
03-13-2017, 10:36 PM
I think she forgot something, who is guilty of failure to preserve the sanctity of life and "an act against an unborn child." if a man has sex with a woman who is on birth control, or any type of birth control is used? I don't condone abortion but I don't like legislators telling me how to live my life either. I lean more towards pro-choice and there are some circumstances when an abortion may be a valid choice.

Bfromla
03-13-2017, 11:17 PM
They are politician's they not wasting, they are getting PAID!
This is wrong thread but it fits nicely.

DEFINITION OF "SERVICE"
I became confused when I heard the word " Service "being used with these agencies:
1, Internal Revenue"Service".
2, U.S. Postal"Service".
3, Telephone"Service".
4, Cable T.V."Service".
5, Civil"Service".
6, State, City, County & Public"Service".
7, Customer "Service".
This is not what I thought"Service"meant.
But today I overheard two farmers talking, and one of them said he had hired a bull to "Service" a few cows.
BAM !!! It all came into focus.
Now I understand what all those agencies are doing!

I wasn't there but I still care!
POW MIA VETS

Bob Denman
03-14-2017, 07:47 AM

PrairieSpyder
03-14-2017, 09:05 AM
It's a stupid and unserious proposal. And I'll violate my policy of not discussing certain topics here since others have already spoken out on one side.

I don't feel too sorry for people who have to drive over 200 miles to kill their babies. If the rep was concerned about a shortage of medical providers in west Texas, I would agree there may be a real need. But she is more concerned about absence of abortion providers and control of people's bodies. It's also not helpful to shame half the population to advance a point. Maybe someone should propose a law requiring people to pay $100 to the government before they have sex, and sign something saying they commit to raising any resulting child to 18 years old. The fees collected would go into a fund to offset the government assistance that will inevitably be paid out.

Let the flames begin.

ARtraveler
03-14-2017, 02:24 PM
It looks like somebody started something. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Still no comment here. :thumbup:

Tazzel
03-14-2017, 03:53 PM
Abortion has been around since the beginning of time. Your never going to stop it even though some states still try.

Bob Denman
03-14-2017, 05:09 PM
Maybe someone should propose a law requiring people to pay $100 to the government before they have sex...
:shocked: That sounds as if the Government has just taken "Pimpdom" to a new height...

.. and has all of the women in the Country working for it... :yikes:

But if the sex wasn't worth it: could you take an income tax deduction? :dontknow:

PrairieSpyder
03-14-2017, 05:53 PM
:shocked: That sounds as if the Government has just taken "Pimpdom" to a new height...

.. and has all of the women in the Country working for it... :yikes:

But if the sex wasn't worth it: could you take an income tax deduction? :dontknow:

No give-backs, Bob. But do-overs are encouraged! :roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
03-14-2017, 05:57 PM
:D I DO like the way that you think! :clap: :2thumbs:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
03-15-2017, 04:40 PM
think about this, you could not donate sperm.

Bob Denman
03-15-2017, 05:10 PM
That might not be true, since the inevitable result of the "endeavor" would be used for "procreational purposes"... :thumbup: