PDA

View Full Version : F-3 Parking Brake does not realease

zbunker
03-12-2017, 04:17 PM
Hi all,
Hows bout this for a "Good One."
2016 F-3; Start it up, Shift to first, Push the switch to release the parking brake,
and the brake does NOT release.:banghead:
Tried backing up, going forward, Rocking back and forth, jumping up and down, and the old stand-by,"cussing :cus:and swearing."
All to no avail. Anyone else ever suffer this affliction?
Thanks Ron

ralph12345678910
03-12-2017, 04:26 PM
Did you step on the brake peddle the same time

zbunker
03-12-2017, 05:32 PM
Did you step on the brake peddle the same time

Yeah, tried all sorts of combinations, NG
I'm kinda thinking along the lines of a lousy switch contact.

Steamer
07-24-2017, 11:02 PM
On a trip and a 800 miles from home and the parking brake on our 2015 F3SE will not release. I have read all the recent posts regarding this issue, but there does not seem to be a "on the road" solution to fix the problem. Stuck in the parking lot in Portland Oregon. Anybody have any ideas on how to engage the release. I have minimal tools.

TRLBLZR1
07-25-2017, 12:05 AM
I feel for ya. ~ Keep us updated and good luck!
Have a feeling that whatever the solution (once posted) will eventually save others.

Seeing this post did it for me. Was always leery of the "fly by wire" parking brake.
So no more shall I be using the parking brake (unless absolutely necessary.) And I'm removing the beeper.
Been doing it like this for some time (beeper still in place) but it makes me feel like an idiot when bike is beeping around others lol.
Someone should come out with a manual brake lock mod to get rid of this potential problem.

Steamer
07-25-2017, 12:21 AM
Thanks. I did find that there is a Can Am dealer here in Portland OR. Will try releasing the brake again in the morning. Not sure what direction to take if it does release. Go to the dealer or try to make it home in Calif. From previous posts it may be the switch.

Steamer
07-25-2017, 07:46 PM
It appears that the sticky parking brake has fixed itself. We are back on the road going down the Oregon coast. Made several stops and the brake released every time. We had two incidents were the brake did not release immediately. The first incident was on the ferry from Saltry Bay to Vancouver. Needless to say we backed up traffic on the ferry for a few minutes before we got the brake to release. We just pushed the release and engage button numerous times and it finally released. This issue is happening on my wife's F3SE. She has been non-pulsed with the quirky brake, but I have a different perspective and feel that this has the potential to hijack our vacation. Definitely going to address the issue if and when I get home.
Other than the stupid brake, both bikes are running great and we are having one of the best motorcycle trips we have had.

SpyderHands
07-25-2017, 09:33 PM
Hi all,
Hows bout this for a "Good One."
2016 F-3; Start it up, Shift to first, Push the switch to release the parking brake,
and the brake does NOT release.:banghead:
Tried backing up, going forward, Rocking back and forth, jumping up and down, and the old stand-by,"cussing :cus:and swearing."
All to no avail. Anyone else ever suffer this affliction?
Thanks RonHowdy neighbor.

Just a thought. From what I understand, you should release the Parking Brake prior to shifting into first gear. That may or may not be a big deal, but I could see where it may cause a bit of conflict with the computer. Keep us posted.