PDA

View Full Version : Looking for your thoughts.....

Air Wing Guy
03-10-2017, 10:18 AM
So I had an idea and was curious of what others thought of these. We took our Air Wings (for a GL1800 Goldwing) and painted them with Spray on Bed Liner. This could also be done for you Can Am Spyder guys. This gives them a tough, rugged look while keeping the same great function that our Air Wings offer. My question for you is what are your thoughts? Do you like them? Is this something we should possibly offer? Thanks in advance for your input.

144580 144581 144582

Copperman
03-10-2017, 11:07 AM
If I had some of that material on my Spyder or trailer it might work for me. Not sure if I would want it just on my air wings.

cognaccruiser
03-10-2017, 11:43 AM
Perhaps on a black Spyder/Wing etc but not sure I would want to do that with another colour. To me it would stand out too much for my personal taste.

Gary

Tx web rider
03-10-2017, 12:27 PM
how hard are bugs to remove from the textured bed-liner material

Bob Denman
03-10-2017, 01:00 PM
:agree: Clean-ups could be a bit more involved... :dontknow:
Have you run any "aero-tests", on a set that have been coated yet? I'm curious as to how (if at all...) it affects airflow.

Chupaca
03-10-2017, 01:33 PM
could be a hit...:dontknow: let us know about the maintenance....:thumbup:

Bfromla
03-10-2017, 03:56 PM
Gotta say i prefer the clear & optional engraving. Why paint? Just use textured ABS plastic otherwise.

Road-Kill
03-10-2017, 04:56 PM
So I had an idea and was curious of what others thought of these. We took our Air Wings (for a GL1800 Goldwing) and painted them with Spray on Bed Liner. This could also be done for you Can Am Spyder guys. This gives them a tough, rugged look while keeping the same great function that our Air Wings offer. My question for you is what are your thoughts? Do you like them? Is this something we should possibly offer? Thanks in advance for your input.

144580 144581 144582

I just installed both the Baker wings and leg shields. Painting them flat wrinkled black would not be an enhancer, in my opinion. What would be really beneficial would be to form them better then they are. Both of my Baker products (being honest) are not well thought out in their mounting hardware and do not form to the shape of my Spyder. At this point I would not recommend either product and black wrinkle paint is pointless.

Firefly
03-10-2017, 05:49 PM
I've never been a fan of the looks of wings, other than the BRP adjustable one for the RT, but making them a solid black I think makes it look more 'factory' instead of add-on.
So I kinda like it. I'll never have them on my Spyder, but if I did I'd consider this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motorcycledave
03-10-2017, 09:01 PM
I have had your air wings on 3 of my GoldWings and on the last 1500 I had, I took them to the local Xline dealer
dropped off my truck for a bedliner job and had them do the Air wings while they were doing the truck....
I always thought they were better more tuff and great looking I think you should offer that as an extra add on.
You could offer different colors as well
Dave

144580 144581 144582

SpyderAnn01
03-10-2017, 10:59 PM
I have had your air wings on 3 of my GoldWings and on the last 1500 I had, I took them to the local Xline dealer
dropped off my truck for a bedliner job and had them do the Air wings while they were doing the truck....
I always thought they were better more tuff and great looking I think you should offer that as an extra add on.
You could offer different colors as well
Dave

Dave, do you have any issues getting the bugs off? I love my air wings, I have the smoked ones on my white RT and I could see having the black ones if I had a black Spyder or one of the RTS - SS that have the black pieces. Also I think they would look good on the F3T that has the black pieces too.

3 Wheel Rider
03-11-2017, 12:29 AM
Sorry, but I'm not a fan of using bed liner spray for anything other than a bed liner and the lower half of a RT622 or freedom trailer (to protect it from rock chips). I wouldn't consider buying them. Not trying to offend, just offering my 2 cents worth.

IdahoMtnSpyder
03-11-2017, 01:02 AM
I think getting bugs off would be near impossible. It's hard enough with the smooth surface.

Air Wing Guy
03-13-2017, 08:45 AM
I just installed both the Baker wings and leg shields. Painting them flat wrinkled black would not be an enhancer, in my opinion. What would be really beneficial would be to form them better then they are. Both of my Baker products (being honest) are not well thought out in their mounting hardware and do not form to the shape of my Spyder. At this point I would not recommend either product and black wrinkle paint is pointless.

I am sorry to hear that you do not like your air wings. I will be sending you a private message to see what we can do to help you and fix your concerns with our product. I thank you for your honest opinion whether it is good or bad we like to hear I tall we can't fix issues if we don't know about them.

Air Wing Guy
03-13-2017, 08:47 AM
We value and thank each one of your opinions on this post. We will be doing more studies and experiments before we decide whether or not to offer this as another option to our Air Wings.