PDA

View Full Version : Extended warranty opinions please...

griffontamer
03-05-2017, 10:41 PM
Hi all,

My lovely F3S is about to run out of factory warranty in just over a month. I most definitely want to get extended warranty, considering it's a first model year bike which has already had issues and I'd love to avoid out of pocket repair expenses as long as possible.

When I ask the dealers about BEST warranty, they tell me I'll be much better off with RPMOne instead. But they give me reasons that sound kind of fishy (like: BRP pays mechanics so little for labor that they let the Spyder sit and wait while they fix all the other bikes). Huh??? I wonder if the finance guys make more money off RPM so they push it, or if what they are saying is true, no matter how "wrong" that sounds...

At any rate, who here has experience with BEST and/or RPM one, and what are the pros and cons?

Thanks!!!

Highwayman2013
03-05-2017, 10:50 PM
I had BEST on our 2012 RT and it worked well. BEST is accepted at all CanAm dealers so I got 3 years when I purchased our new F3.

SpyderAnn01
03-05-2017, 11:00 PM
Your dealer isn't telling you the truth. BRP pays the dealer their shop rate for warranty but BRP tells them how long the job takes. If you plan to travel and have the Best warranty you can be sure that any CanAm dealer will honor it. With others you may have to pay out of pocket and wait for reimbursement. Is the other warranty transferable? The Best is and transfers are free.

Chupaca
03-06-2017, 12:51 AM
If it were true, what your dealer said, only the best techs would work on your F3. As you know all manufactures give the dealers a flat rate manual. If your good you can beat the flat rate. I always did the warranty work when I wrenched for Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki and Polaris. You learn short cuts and cut your time but get paid full flat rate....:thumbup:

griffontamer
03-06-2017, 01:12 AM
That's what I was thinking but I've inquired with 3 different Seattle area dealers and all 3 tried to steer me toward the aftermarket warranty. I found it kind of fishy. Anyway, I think I will go with BEST despite what they say.

viperryder
03-06-2017, 07:37 AM
Hi all,

My lovely F3S is about to run out of factory warranty in just over a month. I most definitely want to get extended warranty, considering it's a first model year bike which has already had issues and I'd love to avoid out of pocket repair expenses as long as possible.

When I ask the dealers about BEST warranty, they tell me I'll be much better off with RPMOne instead. But they give me reasons that sound kind of fishy (like: BRP pays mechanics so little for labor that they let the Spyder sit and wait while they fix all the other bikes). Huh??? I wonder if the finance guys make more money off RPM so they push it, or if what they are saying is true, no matter how "wrong" that sounds...

At any rate, who here has experience with BEST and/or RPM one, and what are the pros and cons?

Thanks!!!

Call and talk to Buck at Pit Bull Power Sports, one of the sponsors, about their extended warranties. I got 60 months for $884 with $50 deductible. Good people.

ARtraveler
03-06-2017, 02:22 PM
If the dealers you are talking to sell the aftermarket brands--that is their incentive to push them. There is high dealer markup in any aftermarket warranty--that is just normal. The average person spends the money and does not need the service--so there is plenty for the seller and warranty company to play with. If you need the warranty--they are worth it.

pegasus1300
03-06-2017, 04:08 PM
I have a Zurich warranty on my 2012 RTL. I couldn't get the BEST because my Spyder was already out of warranty when I bought it. If I could have gotten it I would have,but Zurich has been good to me.

11rtLTD
03-09-2017, 12:29 PM
So I didn't read any experiences with RPM one. Has anyone has experience with them?

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk