PDA

View Full Version : still working on my front-view

chris56
04-15-2009, 01:29 AM
hi ..greetings from now sunny austria
still not happy with my front - waiting for new fenders..
chris
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=227

dltang
04-15-2009, 06:51 AM
Chris, tell me about the and guard over the clutch please. It doesn't look big enough to really block the weather and the elements. Does it have another purpose?

fastfraser
04-15-2009, 08:07 AM
:2thumbs: Way cool i like the look now. What is the look you are going for ?? Is that a brush gaurd over the clutch handle ?? Just curious, how much for a liter of fuel??:dontknow:

bjt
04-15-2009, 08:13 AM
The front spoiler look is growing on me. I think it looks good. :thumbup:

kalavera
04-15-2009, 09:32 AM
I was doing a google image search for spyders and transformers and found the Australian Spyderryders page (http://www.spyderryders.net.au/) and just saw this. I have been searching for you to find out more about your mods!

I think I LOVE it!

chris56
04-15-2009, 01:56 PM
..the hand guards are not in the right position in the moment - i have to cut a piece of my screen away because they touch the screen - they have also some led-lights what i have to install..if they are adjusted brings a lot of protection cold-air rain aso..
www.acerbis.com (http://www.acerbis.com)
company in italy where I also ordered new fenders...
I`m spyder-side-lover spyder-back-lover .. but the front is absolut UGLY
..on the other side this rotax-cart-spoiler is less than 100 dollars..
first painting was spyder-standard - look now for new ideas..
chris:doorag:

chris56
04-16-2009, 12:07 PM
I tested now the maximum heat of my motor with the spyder...
after some minutes with max 80-100 mls/H I reach 6 bars on the meter..
normally I have 4-5 bars - who knows whta is normal on that speed
(without the front-spoiler)
chris

Lamonster
04-16-2009, 12:17 PM
I tested now the maximum heat of my motor with the spyder...
after some minutes with max 80-100 mls/H I reach 6 bars on the meter..
normally I have 4-5 bars - who knows whta is normal on that speed
(without the front-spoiler)
chris

Mine will run two to three bars at that speed but I took off the splash panels on the bottom. I had a feeling you were going to have a heat problem.:sour:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6961

chris56
04-16-2009, 12:27 PM
many thanks lamonster..
mine one was running always around 4-5 bars on our fast highways.
maybe you have an solution-idea for me ??
chris

Firefly
04-16-2009, 02:39 PM
That's an interesting look. I think with some tweaking it could be pretty cool.

Perhaps the handguards could have minature wind deflectors mounted on them?

Those look like some of the ATV brush guards. I know many are looking for some kind of wind deflection for their hands. Could be a pretty inexpensive way to do it.

It's so cool to see people make this their own look!

Lamonster
04-16-2009, 02:41 PM
..the hand guards are not in the right position in the moment - i have to cut a piece of my screen away because they touch the screen - they have also some led-lights what i have to install..if they are adjusted brings a lot of protection cold-air rain aso..
www.acerbis.com (http://www.acerbis.com)
company in italy where I also ordered new fenders...
I`m spyder-side-lover spyder-back-lover .. but the front is absolut UGLY
..on the other side this rotax-cart-spoiler is less than 100 dollars..
first painting was spyder-standard - look now for new ideas..
chris:doorag:
Removing the splash pans helps the heat to get out. I think you killed your ram air for cooling though and I'm not sure if removing those pans will help or not. It's easy to try and see.:doorag:

chris56
04-16-2009, 03:23 PM
thanks from austria - keep you informed - make some tests now without my side-panels..
chris

chris56
04-24-2009, 11:09 AM
Removing the splash pans helps the heat to get out. I think you killed your ram air for cooling though and I'm not sure if removing those pans will help or not. It's easy to try and see.:doorag:

hi - this was a "monster-good-idea" you gave me one "bar" :2thumbs:- so I`m in the moment 4-5 bars then the fan brings it down to 4 again..
but its april (20-25 degrees celsius) and in the hot italian summers there will maybe come more problems - before I start with my "lighting-project"
I need a better solution (grills wholes or so..)
maybe someone (lamonster?) has an idea..:dontknow:
chris-austria

chris56
04-27-2009, 12:21 AM
I spoke with (my) engineer about my new mod..
first he said : you are crazy...
second : maybe together with some new LED-lighting it looks great...
then we fixed some white "flags" to find out where the air flows (there is no wind tunnel here..)
after some test-rides I could find out that there are some turbulences behind the spoiler - the air flows inside the unit...
so there are two possibilies - first is to make a grill on the front - second to fix a small plate on the right position to bring the air direkt to the radiatores.. (after the monster-trick) my temperatur never reached more then 5 bars..
now I start looking for lightings..
chris

chris56
04-27-2009, 12:24 AM
here is the picture

chris56
04-27-2009, 07:53 AM
on each tape is this white stoff - so when I was driving -i could see where the air is floating .. you understand now ??

fastfraser
05-02-2009, 04:05 PM
here is the picture

Oh sorry i thought you where drying your thong. :roflblack: Very clever idea using a ribbon to watch the air flow.:thumbup:

WATER SPYDER
05-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Have you come to any conclusion on your venting your spyder spoiler?

chris56
05-04-2009, 12:40 PM
did now around 1600km with my new front - they told me it isn`t a problem to ride with 4-5bars temperatur .. all the test-drives are done with this temperature
..its fixed very strong - absolut no vibrations - so if i find the right lightings i will also do a small (triangle) grill which brings more air to the coolers..
the painting should be in combination with the front fenders ...
chris

WATER SPYDER
05-04-2009, 10:26 PM
did now around 1600km with my new front - they told me it isn`t a problem to ride with 4-5bars temperatur .. all the test-drives are done with this temperature
..its fixed very strong - absolut no vibrations - so if i find the right lightings i will also do a small (triangle) grill which brings more air to the coolers..
chris
Chris,
What if you add three small grills, at the bottom of the spoiler, one in the center (in between the two middle holes) than two others in between the next two outside holes?
Then behind the front bumper is the back bumper cover, just cut out alittle more areas for air flow into the existing spoiler that is already on the Spyder. :thumbup:

Motza
05-04-2009, 10:41 PM
chris
Chris... check out NO MAGIC MAN for HYPER LIGHTS to accent your spoiler, I am going to order two sets as soon as I can figure out how to attach them to my spoiler. Wonder if I drill holes for each LED to stick out from the front bumper, or cut out an entire section the same size as the strips an recess them into the spoiler. If I recess the LEDS, would I need to build a small shadow box into the bumper? Any one have a good idea??? :dontknow:

Motza
05-17-2009, 05:39 PM
hi ..greetings from now sunny austria
still not happy with my front - waiting for new fenders..
chris
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=227
Chris whats new?