PDA

View Full Version : 2010 RT spyder SE5 25000 mile service

peterRT
03-02-2017, 04:56 PM
Hi Spyder lovers", my 2010 RT SE5 Spyder will be due for 25 mile service soon and even though I have the book about maintenance schedules I was just wondering if anyone here knows exactly what has to be done because I was Quoted $1400.00 AU for the service here in Australia.
I don't mind paying that much money for the service, I just wonder if that sounds right to Spyder Lovers at this Forum.

$1060.00 US

$1400.00 AU

ARtraveler
03-02-2017, 05:21 PM
Hi Spyder lovers", my 2010 RT SE5 Spyder will be due for 25 mile service soon and even though I have the book about maintenance schedules I was just wondering if anyone here knows exactly what has to be done because I was Quoted $1400.00 AU for the service here in Australia.
I don't mind paying that much money for the service, I just wonder if that sounds right to Spyder Lovers at this Forum.

$1060.00 US

$1400.00 AU

Don't do the valve check unless you want to spend $800 for them to take stuff apart and find nothing. Some dealers charge for it and don't even do the take down. :thumbup:

peterRT
03-02-2017, 06:40 PM
Hi AKspyderman", thanks for that. I have the Spyder under a 3 year extended warranty and I just hope it would not affect the warranty if I ask them not to do a Valve check. I know the Spyder is costly to work on with certain services.

I understand what you say when you refer to the service because some dealers say they do things, but they do not

regards Peter

Don't do the valve check unless you want to spend $800 for them to take stuff apart and find nothing. Some dealers charge for it and don't even do the take down. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
03-02-2017, 06:59 PM
Peter,
We've had very few folks ever need to have the valves adjusted during this service. (I think that Finless heard of just two...)
Of course: it all depends upon just how hard you ride your bike... If you like to give it a good workout with every ride: it might be worth peeking at them...
But if you're like most f us... you can let it go until at least the next scheduled time for it. :thumbup:

One fella in here has never had the top end off of his bike...

That's in miles: not kilometers!

Fearless
03-03-2017, 03:02 PM
I am in the same boat. My 2010 RT is also due for its 25k service.

Seeing I only purchased it late last year, I wish to have all fluids changed as well. (Something I do with all second hand purchases).

I was quotes about $AU 2000 for that.

Where are you located? I am on Gold Coast

Cheers

Frank

Chupaca
03-03-2017, 03:26 PM
For sure have them do all the other adjustments and changes but get a quote for the valve check with no adjustment and then valve check with adjustments. I ryde hard and buds tells me I am 35% of the time at 6 to 8,000 rpm's and am at around 36,000 miles. I use a mechanic's stethescope to listen to the valves you can do the same with a long bladed screwdriver listening at the handle. If they are all sounding the same you should be fine if there are noticeable differences you may need an adjustment. I still have no need for any adjustments and know many who have gone on way more than I have....if in doubt have them checked and see if they are out and by how much.....:thumbup:

peterRT
03-03-2017, 04:56 PM
Hi Fearless" {Frank}, I am in Victoria

regards Peter

I am in the same boat. My 2010 RT is also due for its 25k service.

Seeing I only purchased it late last year, I wish to have all fluids changed as well. (Something I do with all second hand purchases).

I was quotes about $AU 2000 for that.

Where are you located? I am on Gold Coast

Cheers

Frank