PDA

View Full Version : Warranty question

gkamer
03-01-2017, 10:15 PM
If you purchase a used Spyder where the original warranty has expired can you still buy a warranty or can you only extend a dealer warranty?

Chupaca
03-01-2017, 10:36 PM
You have other companies that will sell you warranties. You can no longer extend as that option expires after the manufacturer warranty runs out. If the the used unit is still under the manufacturer warranty then you can extend it....:dontknow:

SpyderAnn01
03-02-2017, 12:46 AM
Chupaca is saying that the Best warranty is not available if the original warranty has expired.

gkamer
03-02-2017, 11:02 PM
You have other companies that will sell you warranties. You can no longer extend as that option expires after the manufacturer warranty runs out. If the the used unit is still under the manufacturer warranty then you can extend it....:dontknow:

So how good are these other warranties sold by these company's? Are they honored by all dealers or only certain ones and under what conditions. It just seems to me that with the high cost of maintenance and repairs if you couldn't get a useful warranty it would be foolish to purchase a used Spyder. Are the warranties offered by these companies as useful as those B.S. service plans offered by stores when you buy a toaster or microwave.

Chupaca
03-03-2017, 12:02 AM
I don't really know but many here do. I don't do extended warranties but had many come through the shop. They work with all shops or with you personally and are pretty good. Some are better than factory but not cheap and it will depend on where your at....there were some recent posts on the subject and mentioned some of the companies. I do all my own work and it just doesn't pay for me to get it....:thumbup:

So how good are these other warranties sold by these company's? Are they honored by all dealers or only certain ones and under what conditions. It just seems to me that with the high cost of maintenance and repairs if you couldn't get a useful warranty it would be foolish to purchase a used Spyder. Are the warranties offered by these companies as useful as those B.S. service plans offered by stores when you buy a toaster or microwave.

2dogs
03-03-2017, 12:41 AM
If you purchase a used Spyder where the original warranty has expired can you still buy a warranty or can you only extend a dealer warranty?

You can just about purchase a warrantee on anything these days, new or used. You must get on the computer and shop around. Ask lots of questions, and when you get down to the wire then make some phone calls. You'll have to provide year, make, model and vin number to acquire a final price. Everywhere you go ask for a sample contract and compare the exclusions closely. Exclusions are the tell-tale differences of the warrantees. Remember, if you buy an inexpensive warrantee with a $50 deductible, and over the life of the contract you use it four times; well you get the idea. Good luck and let us know which one you choose. Oh. I forgot, warrantees are no better that the service Dept. manager. In most cases it's up to him to make your warrantee work for you. Some managers could care less, and then it's up to you to deal with the warrantee company.

viperryder
03-03-2017, 08:50 AM

I posted a while back about the different insurance companies. The best one I found was offered by Put Bull Powersports. Call and ask for Buck. Century Insurance was by far the lowest and best price out there. Tell Buck viperryder sent you and good luck.

gkamer
03-03-2017, 10:37 AM
I appreciate all the info..... I'm just trying to answer all those annoying little questions that pop into your head and make you go Hmmmmm.;)