PDA

View Full Version : Replace factory Cat Converter with LaMonster Performance Pipe

nealperkins
02-24-2017, 05:52 PM
If this is changed w/o changing the muffler, what is the result with:

1. Power
2. Sound

I bet someone has done this!

Thanks

Lamonster
02-24-2017, 06:54 PM
I tried that, but the bypass pipe lamonster sells does not fit the oem muffler well at all. You cant get the clamp tight enough to keep the muffler from leaking and moving. My bypass pipe sits in a box collecting dust now. If you try using it with an aftermarket muffler, it is obnoxiously loud. I tried that too. I am now running a two brothers muffler with the stock cat and it sounds just right.

If you had one that didn't fit you should have given us a call. We have hundreds of these out there and I've only had one return for a fitting issue. Give us a call Monday.

Lamonster
02-24-2017, 06:59 PM
We do have a smoking good deal on them now too. :doorag:

https://www.facebook.com/lamonster.spyderlovers/videos/1332009623508972/

kngfsh27
02-24-2017, 07:11 PM
If this is changed w/o changing the muffler, what is the result with:

1. Power
2. Sound

I bet someone has done this!

Thanks I ran this setup on my "14 RTL (1330 engine). I did install the baffle in the by-pass pipe. For my style of driving, I didn't really notice any change in performance or power. The sound did change. It had a deeper tone, that sounded good without being obnoxious.

hawkiii
02-24-2017, 08:29 PM
This was one of the first mods I did on the F3. CAT delete to the stock muffler. Fit like a charm and sounds great and runs great. No problems here.

cummingj
02-24-2017, 10:33 PM
I replaced the stock CAT. on my 2016 RT with a Lamonster mid-pipe and Big City baffle. Originally installed with a Akrapovic 3C Silencer and was way to loud for my liking, but with the stock can sounds just right. The fit to the stock muffler fits like a glove.

jcthorne
02-25-2017, 12:51 AM
I have installed quite a number of these using stock mufflers. Its usually the first step I recommend to customers before going 'too far' with the exhaust. Many, including myself on my personal F3S, are very happy with the note and performance improvement using the bypass with baffle and the stock muffler. Great note, and a very noticeable performance increase in the upper RPM range.

Its nice that its such a well made product and each one has fit perfectly. None of the 4 letter words normally associated with exhaust work.

RudyB
02-25-2017, 01:29 AM
Does this affect your warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cptjam
02-25-2017, 02:05 AM
We have done quite a few of these. In fact, SpyderAnn has one on her bike, right now. Superb!
no warranty issues, and if she can't break it in 96,000 miles, I would not worry! 😁

aracrash
02-25-2017, 08:21 AM
We have done quite a few of these. In fact, SpyderAnn has one on her bike, right now. Superb!
no warranty issues, and if she can't break it in 96,000 miles, I would not worry! [emoji16]

Does anyone have a video of the sound running from the stock exhaust after adding the cat delete pipe?

Chupaca
02-25-2017, 10:37 AM
Go to you tube and search it and you will find many exhaust systems installed and tested for sound.. :thumbup:

Does anyone have a video of the sound running from the stock exhaust after adding the cat delete pipe?

KX5062
02-25-2017, 10:46 AM
I've done on it on my '14RT, keeping the stock muffler. The fit and finish was nothing short of superb. :doorag:

Did it increase the "power"? I doubt it. However, what it definately did do was to allow the engine to spin up a little faster and run a little smoother. Well worth it IMO.

Did it increase the noise? Yes. It made the exhaust note louder, more raspy and little harsher. However, overall, it isn't bad and still well worth the trade off in how it runs.

tehrlich
02-26-2017, 11:10 PM
My cat delete pipe fit perfectly to my 2015 stock RT limited muffler. It was an easy install, even with muscling the inner spring over its hook.

The question of "how loud is it?" has come up before, and I always laugh when I hear any other motorcycle pass by me. The bypass makes it a bit louder, and the tone changes, but it is NOT anything like 95% of other motorcycle decibel readings.

I wouldn't know if there is more power, but it does feel like the engine responds quicker and easier.

I was also glad to get all of that weight off with the secondary muffler. I couldn't believe how heavy that thing was!!!