PDA

View Full Version : Type I & Type 2 Dibetics:

Bob Denman
02-24-2017, 02:50 PM
Did you see this experiment?

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-39070183

It looks interesting; at least as "interesting", as it can be at this early stage!:thumbup:

Chupaca
02-24-2017, 03:32 PM
That would be nice if it comes to be a solution to diabetes...:pray: and simple, non drug related....:clap:

Bob Denman
02-24-2017, 03:36 PM
That's what worries me :shocked:: If the Pharmaceuticals can't make a buck from it; they don't want to see it happen... :banghead:

JerryB
02-24-2017, 03:57 PM
Hi Bob,

Re: they don't want to see it happen...

That's why gov't. funded research is really a good thing.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) I have three close friends that are life-long sufferers of diabetes; I hope this can improve the lives of a lot of folks out there.

cuznjohn
02-24-2017, 04:00 PM
sounds strange, but you never know

wyliec
02-24-2017, 04:40 PM
Bob D.,

When my was diagnosed with type 1 at 11 y.o., I spoke to the attending physician b/c he ended up in the hospital before being diagnosed. I asked a specific question about what I thought may have trigged it, and he said they don't know what the actually trigger is, and told me no to what I suggested. I'm still convinced that what I thought triggered did trigger it. I did quite a bit of reading on it when my son was diagnosed.

I hope there is some truth to the dieting; but, I'm very skeptical. Not everything has a carryover from mice to humans, regarding health, as I'm sure you know.

Bob Denman
02-24-2017, 06:12 PM
It's actually triggered by the immune system... nojoke
Basically; it decides that it doesn't like the pancreas, so it tries to kill it. :shocked:

I was diagnosed with it in 1965... at age 8

Warlock
02-24-2017, 06:32 PM
Basically; it decides that it doesn't like the pancreas, so it tries to kill it. :shocked:

I have type 2 and have been fighting to keep it under control. I now take apple cider vinegar (Braggs organic) three times a day. I tablespoon 1/2 hr before each meal. I now have control and going to reduce my insulin. Sugar has been 80 for the last 2 days and the highest it has been in 2 months is 124 and that was eating a bad meal. All I can say is the vinegar has help me control it better.
David

Bob Denman
02-24-2017, 06:40 PM
I've also heard that cinnamon can help with Type 2 Diabetes... ;)
It sounds like the vinegar is working for you: now get some boiled cabbage underneath it, and you've got yourself a meal! :thumbup:

Warlock
02-24-2017, 07:05 PM
I've also heard that cinnamon can help with Type 2 Diabetes... ;)
It sounds like the vinegar is working for you: now get some boiled cabbage underneath it, and you've got yourself a meal! :thumbup:

I love cabbage with sausage and cornbread.
David

blitzkreig
02-24-2017, 08:35 PM
I find it unfortunate that they named Diabetes a "type 1 and a type 2". They are very different disease states. Their cause is as different as "night' is to "day". The symptoms may be similar however their "remedy" and all of these prospective cures (including the Edmonton Protocol") work only on "Type 1" diabetics.

The big cure to Type 2 seems to lose weight.

When I was diagnosed at 45 years old with Type 1 diabetes I looked like a skeleton. Seriously ... I looked like a concentration camp survivor. My BG readings were off the scale. I weighed in at 125 lbs and I felt sick. Sick, sick, sick.

There seems to be some connection between Type 1 diabetes and Chicken Pox. And it seems to cluster in families (although it is not 'inherited" per se).

There is some reason for a Type 1 to have hope in that the Edmonton protocol where they plant (inject) donor islet cells into a persons liver. But the recipient still has to take anti rejection drugs forever however ...

wyliec
02-24-2017, 08:50 PM

"In type 1 diabetes, it is the beta cells (http://www.diabetes.co.uk/body/beta-cells.html) in the pancreas which produce insulin that are wrongfully targeted and killed off by specific antibodies created by the body’s immune system (http://www.diabetes.co.uk/body/immune-system.html).Researchers have been investigating what may cause the immune system to act in this way but to date researchers have theories but no concrete proof."

This is copied from a website, and not my words. I'll just say in my son's case, I believe it was a virus that caused the triggering, and since I don't believe in coincidence, I have an idea of what caused the virus.

Bob Denman
02-25-2017, 08:51 AM
I was simplifying my answer... But you're right: it sure could have been a virus! nojoke
It doesn't even matter which one!

Yazz
02-27-2017, 10:15 PM
Type 2 diabetic here. When I was diagnosed I was, and still am, a gym rat who ate clean. Eat even cleaner now.

Sometimes getting Type 2 is genetic (thanks Mom...), or the pancreas wears down due to differing situations.

I tried different pills and nothing worked for me, so use diet and exercise to control my blood glucose.

The article was interesting in the fact that they had the test subjects eat low carb, low protein and high fat. It's interesting that I eat low carb, high fiber, protein and fat, and keep my A1C around 5.3. Crazy, eh?

I don't go on Len's Pie Run. A half a piece of pie and my glucose would shoot up over 300, then I'd feel like crap for 24 hours. Totally not worth it...

Edit... I too believe that viruses can cause auto-immune responses. All it takes is for it to get to the thymus, and a new story of your life opens...

Mr. Pickels
02-27-2017, 10:20 PM
:thumbup:
Did you see this experiment?

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-39070183

It looks interesting; at least as "interesting", as it can be at this early stage!:thumbup:

Indeed, as I was just given notice my A1C has now entered the official naughty zone and have to do meds.... I eat clean and exercise... Going to see if there is anymore info on this. thanks!

Bob Denman
02-28-2017, 07:57 AM
Diabetes is actually a pretty easy condition to live with; regardless of which Type you have. :thumbup:
All that it takes, is discipline! :yikes: :roflblack:

I meet up with my Primary care physician in the next couple of weeks for my blood-work. My A1C is usually in the "mid-sixes" range, but this time it'll be a bit lower.
I'm also going to be meeting with one of Medtronic's Representatives, and I'll get a first-hand look at their newest hybrid insulin pump: the 670! :yes:
(I've got the 630...)

Good luck with getting your numbers back in line! :2thumbs:

OverHillAndDale
02-19-2018, 09:08 AM
Stephen Ponder who wrote "Sugar Surfing" will be having a workshop in Atlanta on 10/6/18. If any of you type-1 spyder ryding types are going please let me know - I'd like to meet you in person.

I think he's also heading to Des Moines at some point.

http://www.sugarsurfing.com/atlanta-2018

Bob Denman
02-19-2018, 10:43 AM
:thumbup: I read his book a couple of Months ago.
He does make a lot of sense; it does require much more of a "hands-on" approach... nojoke

You'll enjoy what he has to say!

Bob Denman
06-21-2018, 01:47 PM
This was just announced today:

http://www.wcvb.com/article/common-vaccine-can-reverse-advanced-cases-of-diabetes-study-says/21742629

Let's see if they can figure out a way to make it work for ALL of us! :yes:

vided
06-21-2018, 01:54 PM
Excellent thread.
Thank you all