PDA

View Full Version : Ice fishing anyone

vided
02-24-2017, 12:07 PM
http://trucker.com/dashcam/dash-cam-week-going-going-gone?NL=AT-01&Issue=AT-01_20170224_AT-01_298&sfvc4enews=42&cl=article_1&utm_rid=CPENT000004134595&utm_campaign=10166&utm_medium=email&elq2=1df11cd060864718a9aea86887b07e63

Bob Denman
02-24-2017, 01:22 PM

cuznjohn
02-24-2017, 01:35 PM
at least they didn't need to drill a hole

Bob Denman
02-24-2017, 01:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x768VAsOQSw

ARtraveler
02-24-2017, 02:35 PM
Ice fishing was never one of my desires. I was always hinky about falling through. :yikes:

Bob Denman
02-24-2017, 02:43 PM
:shocked: I always thought that ice-fishing was just another excuse to drink Peach Brandy to wretchedly excess levels. :cheers:

ARtraveler
02-24-2017, 02:50 PM
:shocked: I always thought that ice-fishing was just another excuse to drink Peach Brandy to wretchedly excess levels. :cheers:

That is why I did wilderness canoeing and cross country skiing. Add in Blackberry Brandy and Peppermint Patties (peppermint schnapps and hot chocolate) and you have me covered pretty good. :yes:

Chupaca
02-24-2017, 03:29 PM
but that is a lot of weight to run out onto a lake and taking the word of a snowmobiler is pushing it...how much does he wieght..:dontknow: not including the shanty...:lecturef_smilie::roflblack:

mowin
02-24-2017, 07:37 PM
Love ice fishing. But I was never a fan of driving a car or truck out on the ice. Been ice fishing for 42 yrs, and I've never been in a vehicle (car or truck) on the ice. Been on the ice with many ATV's and snowmobiles.

Never had a close call.. knock on wood.. :pray:

Hate to see the fines he's going to pay.

Bob, does insurance cover something like that?

Bob Denman
02-25-2017, 08:50 AM
:D I have a (not so) funny story about that:
An insured lost his pickup truck into Jay Lake. :shocked:
Being a normally cautious person who does the right thing: he hired a local towing service to fish it out
The nit-wit threw a logging chain around the center of the truck, and dragged it out sideways with a log-skidder! :yikes:
...Totaling the truck in the process!
The insurance Company refused to pay the almost $3000 tow-bill, so the operator slapped a mechanic's lien on the truck...
The next year our insured is back up there... and he sees the same guy driving around in HIS truck! :gaah::cus::gaah:

Orange Spyder Man
02-25-2017, 09:07 AM
I like to fish... but.... we don't have any ice covered lakes here... and we have some of the best fishing in the world..

osm

mowin
02-25-2017, 02:15 PM
:D I have a (not so) funny story about that:
An insured lost his pickup truck into Jay Lake. :shocked:
Being a normally cautious person who does the right thing: he hired a local towing service to fish it out
The nit-wit threw a logging chain around the center of the truck, and dragged it out sideways with a log-skidder! :yikes:
...Totaling the truck in the process!
The insurance Company refused to pay the almost $3000 tow-bill, so the operator slapped a mechanic's lien on the truck...
The next year our insured is back up there... and he sees the same guy driving around in HIS truck! :gaah::cus::gaah:

Realistically, if the truck was submerged, it should be totaled. Nothing but a headache.

I have heard some say they know someone who knows someone who's ins Co refused to pay the claim when their vehicles fell through.

Bob Denman
02-25-2017, 02:39 PM
That whole "Friend of a cousin's ex-sister-in0-law thing, is always amusing! :roflblack:
If you've got comprehensive coverage: you've got coverage! :2thumbs:

vided
02-25-2017, 04:12 PM
That's what I read on fb, so it must be true :yikes::yikes:

Peter Aawen
02-25-2017, 06:10 PM
....If you've got comprehensive coverage: you've got coverage! :2thumbs:

I dunno 'bout that Bob, no Vehicle Comprehensive Insurance policy that I've seen or even heard of in this country covers the owner for their own 'wilful negligence' or deliberately damaging actions. :shocked: And I personally know people & know of people who have had their insurance claims denied as a result of that type of action!! :shocked: I've even been involved in the investigations that've led to the denial of a few insurance claims on those grounds!! nojoke And I can't really see our two country's being all that different in the way they run their Motor Vehicle Insurance either, especially since many of the Parent Insurance Companies & their Underwriters are common across the board....

So I'd be wary of that advice, cos even if you've got Comprehensive Insurance (first up, do read your policy & its exclusions verrry carefully) it's not all that smart to go out & do things that everyone else warns you may be dangerous & unsafe; nor should you just decide to go out & do stuff that you know is very likely to result in damage - and then expect the Insurance Company to cough up without a hitch!! But if you DO decide to do either of those types of things, despite the warnings &/or the knowledge, you might also want to be prepared for the potential for prosecution re Insurance Fraud! :yikes:

Bob Denman
02-25-2017, 06:36 PM
Every State and every Country's insurance laws can vary by significant amounts.
I was discussing how New York's insurance laws apply, with another New Yorker! :D
Rob lives about 115 miles North of me...

Peter Aawen
02-25-2017, 07:28 PM
What you say about variations & NY's Insurance laws may be the case Bob, but I sincerely doubt that there is ANY motor vehicle insurance company anywhere in the world with a comprehensive policy that doesn't have at least one clause protecting it from that sort of thing, an incident that is deliberately caused by the insured knowing that it is likely to cause damage; or in other words, an intentionally harmful or damaging act - otherwise there would be no such thing as Motor Vehicle Insurance Fraud.... :dontknow: Just sayin'

Bob Denman
02-26-2017, 08:59 AM
Pete,
There's no exclusion for Stupidity... nojoke