PDA

View Full Version : STORAGE

LateLifeCrisis
02-24-2017, 10:49 AM
Have found a great deal on a 2016 F3 Limited. My only concern is a possible lack of storage and adding the top case is REALLY expensive! I came across the "Passenger Seat Bag" and wonder if any of you out there are familiar with it, own it, or have an opinion on it.

Chupaca
02-24-2017, 10:54 AM
Box stock the F3 has room for a helmet and a T-shirt. But you have a lot of options now with side bags (variety of prices and types) that rear trunk and many seat bags. I have on my RS Kuryakyn bags and they hold a lot water tight with rain covers and attach well. You just need to shop around especially for the price....:thumbup:

Bob Denman
02-24-2017, 11:19 AM
Why not check with Baker-Built? They sell top cases for the F-3s. :thumbup:

Copperman
02-24-2017, 12:06 PM
Have found a great deal on a 2016 F3 Limited. My only concern is a possible lack of storage and adding the top case is REALLY expensive! I came across the "Passenger Seat Bag" and wonder if any of you out there are familiar with it, own it, or have an opinion on it.

I bought an F3 Limited last year after having had an RT Limited. I bought this bag on eBay and love it. It really holds a lot and looks like it belongs on the Spyder.

Dowco - 50156-00 - Motorcycle Luggage System, Large Roll Bag
( 231562094932 )143996143995

LateLifeCrisis
02-24-2017, 12:55 PM
I bought an F3 Limited last year after having had an RT Limited. I bought this bag on eBay and love it. It really holds a lot and looks like it belongs on the Spyder.

Dowco - 50156-00 - Motorcycle Luggage System, Large Roll Bag
( 231562094932 )143996143995

THANK YOU SO MUCH :bowdown: for taking the time to post the pictures - so many of the sites that sell these gear bags don't have pictures of them on the actual bike so it's hard to get an idea of how they fit - much less how they look. I think this is the bag! :thumbup:

Copperman
02-24-2017, 01:08 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH :bowdown: for taking the time to post the pictures - so many of the sites that sell these gear bags don't have pictures of them on the actual bike so it's hard to get an idea of how they fit - much less how they look. I think this is the bag! :thumbup:

You'll like it a lot. My wife got one for her F3 Limited first. After I put it on I went right in the house and ordered one for me.

I always pull my RT 622 trailer when we go places. Last fall, we went to Kentucky Lake for two nights with just our bags and no trailer, just to see if we could do it. I didn't wear half the stuff I took.

You'll really like it.

LateLifeCrisis
02-24-2017, 01:29 PM
You'll like it a lot. My wife got one for her F3 Limited first. After I put it on I went right in the house and ordered one for me.

I always pull my RT 622 trailer when we go places. Last fall, we went to Kentucky Lake for two nights with just our bags and no trailer, just to see if we could do it. I didn't wear half the stuff I took.

You'll really like it.

You are so right in saying the bag looks like it belongs on the F3. I've been on numerous sites looking for a storage solution that didn't detract from the looks of the Spyder, but so many of them just looked like "sacks" that were strapped on the back. The top box just isn't a look that appeals to me but this bag, as you said, looks like it belongs on the F3. By the way, thanks for helping me make the decision on this F3 - this storage situation was the only thing holding up the deal. Stupid, I know, but come on.......looks are important! :ohyea:

Copperman
02-24-2017, 01:56 PM
I know, but come on.......looks are important! :ohyea:

Remember, it's not what you do, but how you look doing it. ;)