PDA

View Full Version : Can am Rain gear

Kredab
02-23-2017, 10:58 PM
I was wondering if anyone has the Can am rain gear, couple questions...
How does it perform ?
How is the sizing on it ? Does it fit over other clothes ? Ex...If I'm wearing a large Can am jacket will a large rain gear go over that ?
Thanks for all the information that I've been getting on Spyderlovers Forum:spyder2::spyder2:

Pirate looks at --
02-24-2017, 10:35 AM
To be honest with you I would suggest that you go for a set of Frog Toggs, they are very reasonably priced, they are breathable, and they pack away nice a small, and they work great. Most a large siza is what you need and they will fit over your clothes and are pretty easy to put on!

murphybrown
02-24-2017, 12:17 PM
First rain gear was BRP/Can-Am: Sizing wise because I wanted to (if needed) wear over my other jackets/suits/pants. So I sized up 2 sizes and it was perfect...never an issue even if I was in light gear...
Wearablility: Zipper in jacket was a weak spot and I had to replace twice. Pants I was never impressed with. Both times the weld in the crotch area gave away and if you want to know how wet you can get with a 1/2' split and you are sitting in rain as you ryde..just ask me!!!

I made the decision to go with Frogg Togg motorcycle specific (FT makes many different grades and some are like ultra cheap and almost melt when it rains...but the motorcycle specific is great stuff at a reallllly good price when comparing to cost of Can-Am's). Sizing on FT I did the same, 2 sizes larger.

Spyderlovers has an awesome, customer service sponsor: Bajaron and he sells Frogg Togg and other brands. Check it out. Happy Shopping...

As far as gloves, there is no such think as waterproof gloves. BUT if you don't want to wear dishwashing gloves (hey they work)....look into the Aerostitch over split mitts. 100%+ waterproof, again I got larger size and wear over my gloves (of any weight)...I bought mine off ebay.

Finally I wear a boot gator even tho my Ariat boots are truly waterproof. The ones I have are TourMaster and I have had since day one and they wear well and work reallllly well.

I will ryde in rain and heavy rain...but staying dry is much nicer ryde than getting soaked to the bone!!!! and shaking your way to the motel in hopes they have endless hot water so you can warm up!!! Have a fun time shopping for your new rain gear. :thumbup:

Marcy
02-24-2017, 12:17 PM
:agree:
Unless you plan on riding a awful lot in the rain Frogg Toggs are the way to go.