PDA

View Full Version : Made the move - RT to F3-T

TxSpyderGirl
02-23-2017, 09:47 PM
Made the move from the 2014 RT to a 2017 F3-T - Absolutely the best move!
I also have to give a shout out to Lamonster who I talked with at the Dallas Motorcycle show about the bike and then to PitBull PowerSports in Springfield, Mo. who I bought my new ride from.

Riding to Springfield from Texas to pick up my new ride and now I can't wait to travel this great land!
First picture is my old to new bike - then I spotted those RED wheels and had to have them - they make a real difference in the overall speed of the bike.:yes::yes::yes:

LateLifeCrisis
02-23-2017, 10:02 PM
I also have to give a shout out to Lamonster who I talked with at the Dallas Motorcycle show about the bike and then to PitBull PowerSports in Springfield, Mo. who I bought my new ride from.

Riding to Springfield from Texas to pick up my new ride and now I can't wait to travel this great land!
First picture is my old to new bike - then I spotted those RED wheels and had to have them - they make a real difference in the overall speed of the bike.:yes::yes::yes:

That new black and red paint scheme is just GORGEOUS!
Enjoy and ride it in good health!

:congrats:

rmag
02-23-2017, 10:02 PM
That's a real beauty!!!
Have fun and Ryde safe.

Rich and Rhonda

Chupaca
02-23-2017, 11:01 PM
It is a grand color scheme..:2thumbs: enjoy it and be safe...:thumbup:

Peteoz
02-24-2017, 01:23 AM
Lovely, Spydergirl, just lovely.......:thumbup:

Cindy-TricLED
02-24-2017, 08:41 AM
Congrats! Nice color combo!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rawhide kid
02-24-2017, 11:02 AM
That truly is the most beautiful color scheme I've seen on any Spyder. Wow. Awesome!

kamper
02-24-2017, 12:08 PM
If it had wings it could fly. Enjoy the ride.:doorag:

archibald609
02-24-2017, 12:38 PM
Nice enjoy the ride, hope to make the same move soon from a 2014 RTS

ARtraveler
02-24-2017, 02:52 PM
:congrats: on your new F3T. Glad to hear you are enjoying it. :yes::yes: It sure has the "looks." :bowdown::firstplace:

lwe6576
02-24-2017, 05:41 PM

Does your F3 have a locking gas lid? If so, have you opened it and tried to close it yet? Let me know because lots of complaints about the locking lid. Thanks.:opps:

AppleSpyder
02-24-2017, 07:46 PM
Does your F3 have a locking gas lid? If so, have you opened it and tried to close it yet? Let me know because lots of complaints about the locking lid. Thanks.:opps:

There is an easy fix for this one. I had the same problem but a good dose of silicone on the mechanism fixes it right up. It's so easy to close now, nothing to it!

TheCajun1957
02-24-2017, 08:17 PM
If its not to much to ask, how much was the F3T as shown in the pic?

TxSpyderGirl
02-25-2017, 04:07 PM

I rode the RT up to Springfield and rode the F3-T back to Texas - the difference in the riding position was amazing. I am so glad that I was able to make the move!

TxSpyderGirl
02-25-2017, 04:15 PM

If its not to much to ask, how much was the F3T as shown in the pic?

It is hard to say as I had so many things added to the bike - Around 30K give or take...

Elka shocks front and rear
Rear top case with back rest, panel kit, cargo rack and rear speaker kit
PitBull Performance Package
Heated grips
Driver foot rest
Fog Lamps LED
HD Sway bar
Roller Kit
Cover - Full
Bluetooth for phone
Exhaust upgrade
Laser Align
LED Headlamps
Red powder coated wheels

Then the Lamonster farkles started..... that's another whole list.

d.o.spyder-rts
02-25-2017, 04:19 PM
:congrats:on your new :spyder2:. Dale

ElgynSpyder
02-25-2017, 08:55 PM
So nice of you to get a pic of my new Pearl white F3T in the background.:f_spider:

PrairieSpyder
02-25-2017, 09:06 PM

The red wheels also had me at "Hello"!!!

TxSpyderGirl
02-25-2017, 10:05 PM
So nice of you to get a pic of my new Pearl white F3T in the background.:f_spider:

I was thinking that I had wished I got your screen name - so glad you saw that!

TxSpyderGirl
02-26-2017, 09:27 PM
That truly is the most beautiful color scheme I've seen on any Spyder. Wow. Awesome!

One of the main reasons (Red color) I traded the bike in, besides I really like the way it handles. Reminds me of when I rode my two wheel bike a few years ago.

TxSpyderGirl
02-26-2017, 09:29 PM

The red wheels also had me at "Hello"!!!

I saw your RED wheels a few weeks ago and thought they made the bike. When I ran into ElgynSpyder Girl at PitBull she was having the Purple wheels put on her new bike and told me they had RED also. It didn't take me long to buy them.

Pirate looks at --
02-27-2017, 10:04 AM
This gets better with time, but I have found that if you apply pressure with both thumbs, you will hear and feel a click, and it will lock in!

TxSpyderGirl
03-15-2017, 07:48 PM
This gets better with time, but I have found that if you apply pressure with both thumbs, you will hear and feel a click, and it will lock in!

It also helps to have your husband close it for you until such time I am able to get it to lock back in.....

noboot
03-15-2017, 08:02 PM
What is the Box on top of the back box behind the passenger back rest ?

SpyderF3
03-15-2017, 08:30 PM
Congrats on the new ride:2thumbs:

Jim&Teresa
03-15-2017, 09:24 PM
:congrats: on your new 2017 F3T. Enjoy! :yes::yes::yes::yes: I really like the color scheme! :thumbup:

HayRog
03-16-2017, 10:24 AM

Congrats !!
Beautiful new F3T. Great color and lines.

Which begs a question ---- has anyone removed side panels from an RT and left them off ?

Deanna777
03-16-2017, 10:27 AM
:congrats: Deanna

TxSpyderGirl
07-16-2017, 08:57 PM
What is the Box on top of the back box behind the passenger back rest ?

The rack is from CanAm which is made just for the F3T and the bag is from Iron Rider. I got the bag at Spyderfest a couple of years ago.

wrb3004
07-25-2017, 06:28 AM
Hello and congrats on your new ride. Love the color. I have a RTS Special Series that is also red/black. I haven't demoed the new F3L yet but last year I rode an F3T a couple of times and really like the seating position over the RT. What do you like about the F3 vs the RT?

Cadi
03-28-2018, 08:09 PM

First picture is my old to new bike - then I spotted those RED wheels and had to have them - they make a real difference in the overall speed of

Are you going to sell the RT?

Dmetcalf
03-29-2018, 03:18 AM

we should try to meet up sometime and run up to Big Slicks or Loose Wheels in Sherman for lunch some Saturday..!
and ... that is a beautiful bike you have there ..! Congrats..!!

BazF
03-29-2018, 04:25 AM

Same problem, silicon around the seal, WD40 in the lock, no more problem.
Baz

coffenut
04-30-2018, 03:57 PM
Question -- why did you move from the RT to the F3? The reason I am asking is that I am trying to decide between the two. <G>

Lida

robtdonna
04-30-2018, 04:36 PM
There is an easy fix for this one. I had the same problem but a good dose of silicone on the mechanism fixes it right up. It's so easy to close now, nothing to it!

:agree: exactly what I did to mine and it closes SOOO easy. And...it locks !!! Which I kinda think is important.

TxSpyderGirl
12-17-2020, 07:29 PM

I am back on 3 wheels.....after retiring from teaching we moved to Colorado and I went back to 2 wheels for a couple of years. The bug to get back to 3 wheels just was too great and I could no longer resist finding a new F3. I thought it would be a much longer hunt, but I was wrong, took me less than a month to finalize my purchase of a new 2020 F3L. We picked her up a couple weeks ago and I am in love again. 186645

TxSpyderGirl
12-17-2020, 07:35 PM

I am back on 3 wheels.....after retiring from teaching we moved to Colorado and I went back to 2 wheels for a couple of years. The bug to get back to 3 wheels just was too great and I could no longer resist finding a new F3. I thought it would be a much longer hunt, but I was wrong, took me less than a month to finalize my purchase of a new 2020 F3L. We picked her up a couple weeks ago and I am in love again. :yes::yes: