PDA

View Full Version : To repair or not ??

HayRog
02-23-2017, 12:32 PM
Your thougts please Gentlemen ...

My Alpinestars Web Gore-Tex boots need new soles. Practically no rubber on their fronts and sides.
They're approx 5 years old, beautifully broken in and I love them.

Three shoe repair shops will NOT resole them :-( ... Last shoe repair outfit said he used to charge $120.00 for a repair that wouldn't last.!!

I contacted Alpinestars, gave them all the relevant info needed in an email with photo's, and they WILL repair them for $100.00 --- a third of the cost of new Alpinestars Web's.

Seems like a good deal to me --- what say you guys ?

cuznjohn
02-23-2017, 12:38 PM

My Alpinestars Web Gore-Tex boots need new soles. Practically no rubber on their fronts and sides.

Three shoe repair shops will NOT resole them :-( ... Last shoe repair outfit said he used to charge $120.00 for a repair that wouldn't last.!!

I contacted Alpinestars, gave them all the relevant info needed in an email with photo's, and they WILL repair them for $100.00 --- a third of the cost of new Alpinestars Web's.

if the uppers are good, repair them

Bob Denman
02-23-2017, 12:44 PM
:agree: Pull the trigger! 143955

Peter Aawen
02-23-2017, 12:45 PM
:hun: If the people who make the boots & know how to put them together properly & better than anyone else believe that they can repair them & are prepared to do so, I really can't see why you are bothering to ask anyone else ANYTHING?!? :dontknow:

Just do it!! :thumbup:

Tazzel
02-23-2017, 12:50 PM
I cant tell you how much money I spent on Motorcycle boots. They all just killed my feet. I finally started purchasing Skecher's Steel toe boots and the fit an comfort is so much better.

Chupaca
02-23-2017, 12:54 PM
In my lifetime I have had shoes resoled many times. I have never found them to be the same or ever get to what they were. Must be the new materials and methods but in my honest opinion ( if possible) go for the new ones...:dontknow:

ARtraveler
02-23-2017, 03:10 PM
It is getting more difficult to find a real shoe repair place. In the good ol days, they were in most every neighborhood. We are down to one in Anchorage. The mfg. is a good place if they are willing to do it. :yes:

pegasus1300
02-23-2017, 06:24 PM

Good boots are expensive,good boots that are well broken in are very expensive,good boots that are well broken in that you love are priceless,fix em.

I have a pair that are 45 years old, I still get them fixed as needed.

HayRog
03-14-2017, 02:45 PM
Oooohhhh !! Nice work Alpinestars :2thumbs: , new one piece sole/heel. Worth the $100 to me.

Aaahh !! The smell of fresh rubber before a ride ;)

40Xshooter
03-14-2017, 03:33 PM

What a Coincidence! I just brought my 10 yr old Wolverines to my shoe repair guy! They told me when I bought them (at HD) that they couldn't be resoled. That was 10yrs ago. My guy told me they have a method of removing the ENTIRE sole right down to the leather upper and installing (for lack of a better word) new soles. It's not cheap but either were the boots! He also told me that this is the way boot companies can afford to give you genuine leather uppers that will last. They put on the cheapest soles they can find to offset the costs.....

Bill

Bob Denman
03-14-2017, 05:15 PM
Oooohhhh !! Nice work Alpinestars :2thumbs: , new one piece sole/heel. Worth the $100 to me.

Aaahh !! The smell of fresh rubber before a ride ;)
:clap::congrats: Here's to the hope that they continue to provide good service to you, and that you get to wear out MANY more soles on them! :cheers: