PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Hitch ?

Papahoosh
02-22-2017, 11:33 AM
Where is the best place to get a trailer hitch and difficult is it to install it?

What does "control module" is for?

Thanks for your input.

C3517C
02-22-2017, 09:02 PM
Sometimes you can get a used one on this site, or a dealership, or another site. You can get a new one from BRP at the dealership, but they are not cheap. I haven't checked lately but I seem to remember around $500. I was lucky and found a used one at a dealership for $125. They often take them off of trade- ins.
They are very easy to install, but if you want the wiring to plug into, that can be a little tricky. There is also a member on this site who is selling a rear luggage rack that sits in place of the hitch, if you are interested in that. I believe its called no hitch required. Good Luck !

wd8ajj
02-22-2017, 10:59 PM
I got mine at Can-Am Spyder Accessories

Took 10 min to install, no bolts to remove
(http://canamspyderaccessories.com/)

Ex-Rocket
02-23-2017, 09:40 AM
I just recently added a trailer hitch to my 2015 RTS and I bought the BRP one. It just looked like it was built to last, very well constructed. I'm sure I could of installed the trailer hitch myself but I didn't want to mess with the electrical. So I bought the trailer hitch and module from my dealership and had him install it.

Eagle1
02-24-2017, 08:40 PM
Bought mine for about $200. Did not require removal of rear tire. About half hour to install.