PDA

View Full Version : Winter projects

rmag
02-19-2017, 01:19 PM
On143803I just finished up my thttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170219/24596908288671e5da9bb6ce4cbe9692.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170219/dee02d99ec2056d70ca21559bddbed05.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170219/86a0b555783d85a8975c0395c0e63b01.jpgwo winter projects. I've always wanted Kott grills but in flat black to fit with my matte platinum RT. I had a piece of scrap stainless steel screen here in my shop decided to try to make a set. I had them powder coated and used automotive door edging around the perimeter. Total cost 25 dollars. I also painted the fender caps/ribs a matte black.

The first picture is a trial fit before powder coating. The last few show the completed work.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Mick N
02-19-2017, 01:35 PM
Smoking!

Chupaca
02-19-2017, 01:37 PM
looks awesome...:2thumbs: don't see them in black much....:clap:

liebowa
02-19-2017, 03:46 PM
On143803I just finished up my two winter projects. I've always wanted Kott grills but in flat black to fit with my matte platinum RT. I had a piece of scrap stainless steel screen here in my shop decided to try to make a set. I had them powder coated and used automotive door edging around the perimeter. Total cost 25 dollars. I also painted the fender caps/ribs a matte black.

The first picture is a trial fit before powder coating. The last few show the completed work.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

NICELY done. I think that you should be making and selling these.. (HINT HINT...)

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-19-2017, 03:55 PM
:yes::yes::yes: :agree: on the DIY thing .... I made some also a couple years ago , but didn't put a finished EDGE on like yours :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: ..... Question , how difficult were the corners ??? did you use a heat gun as you were applying them .... and did you glue them on ??? ......Thanks ... Mike :thumbup:.........................PS , If someone is interested in doing these I still have the TEMPLATES ...If you send me a self-addressed & Stamped - legal size envelope...... I'll send you a copy ...... :thumbup::thumbup:

rmag
02-19-2017, 04:29 PM
:yes::yes::yes: :agree: on the DIY thing .... I made some also a couple years ago , but didn't put a finished EDGE on like yours :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: ..... Question , how difficult were the corners ??? did you use a heat gun as you were applying them .... and did you glue them on ??? ......Thanks ... Mike :thumbup:.........................PS , If someone is interested in doing these I have the TEMPLATES ...If you send me a self-addressed & Stamped - legal size envelope...... I'll send you a copy ...... :thumbup::thumbup:
Yes, I used a heat gun to soften the edging and make it more pliable, especially around the tight corners. You need to worry about overheating the edge material and not the powder coating. The edge material that I got from Pep Boys had a sticky back adhesive in it. Also, I had to back cut my template about 1/8 inch to make room for the edging.

Ryde safe, Rich

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-19-2017, 10:34 PM
Yes, I used a heat gun to soften the edging and make it more pliable, especially around the tight corners. You need to worry about overheating the edge material and not the powder coating. The edge material that I got from Pep Boys had a sticky back adhesive in it. Also, I had to back cut my template about 1/8 inch to make room for the edging.

Ryde safe, Rich
Thanks Rich ....I think I will re-do mine ....:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:..... Mike :thumbup:

rmag
02-20-2017, 07:19 AM
Thanks Rich ....I think I will re-do mine ....:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:..... Mike :thumbup:

Actually the hardest part is getting it started. Let me know how it turns out for you.

Rich

Buckeye Bleau
02-20-2017, 07:46 AM
:yes::yes::yes::firstplace::yes::yes::yes:

Joe