PDA

View Full Version : Noise-Cancelling in-ear buds

GaryTheBadger
02-16-2017, 03:07 PM
Has anyone tried using in-ear active-noise-cancelling ear buds to reduce wind noise while wearing a helmet?
I've tried it using over-ear noise-cancelling headphones, and it works great, but of course, not with a helmet.

Chupaca
02-16-2017, 04:06 PM
I'm sure they do....but while ryding on a motorcycle there are too many sounds that you should be aware of. Getting a better helmet usually can fix the wind noise. but then like so much it is a choice...:dontknow:

GaryTheBadger
02-16-2017, 04:09 PM
I'm sure they do....but while ryding on a motorcycle there are too many sounds that you should be aware of. Getting a better helmet usually can fix the wind noise. but then like so much it is a choice...:dontknow:

I've tried a top-of-the-line Schuberth full-face helmet and a taller windshield...still too much noise!

Mazo EMS2
02-16-2017, 05:23 PM
I use the ear buds while listening to my music. I think they work pretty good, and I can still hear what I need to

Sarge707
02-16-2017, 09:24 PM
I have been using Skull Candy earbuds ( And I remember Lamont recommending them Long ago) BECAUSE they drop the wind noise by about 75%-The engine noise by about 75%- and If You ONLY use a Moderate Volumn level in the MP3 Player you can still hear anything you need to! Bear In Mind- monitoring Your Rear view Mirrors as Well as the road ahead of you is your Best protection against ?????

M109Dreamer
02-16-2017, 09:30 PM
I have been using Skull Candy earbuds ( And I remember Lamont recommending them Long ago) BECAUSE they drop the wind noise by about 75%-The engine noise by about 75%- and If You ONLY use a Moderate Volumn level in the MP3 Player you can still hear anything you need to! Bear In Mind- monitoring Your Rear view Mirrors as Well as the road ahead of you is your Best protection against ?????
+1. I use the same ones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

aracrash
02-16-2017, 10:43 PM
+1. I use the same ones.

Try using plugfones. They work great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M109Dreamer
02-16-2017, 11:15 PM

Just looked them up. Seem to be pretty slick. Im gonna order a pair. Thanks for the info.

M109Dreamer
02-16-2017, 11:35 PM

Just ordered a set. How is the sound? I fig for $25 I would give them a try. I like the idea that they are the foam plugs and dont stick out. That has always been my issue. The helmet would always rip them off when putting it on.

aracrash
02-17-2017, 06:58 AM
Just ordered a set. How is the sound? I fig for $25 I would give them a try. I like the idea that they are the foam plugs and dont stick out. That has always been my issue. The helmet would always rip them off when putting it on.

Sound is great. Especially at high speed. The phones are really comfortable. It's really good for long trips.

M109Dreamer
02-17-2017, 08:51 AM
Sound is great. Especially at high speed. The phones are really comfortable. It's really good for long trips.

I am patiently waiting for them to arrive. For now I'll be stuck with using my skull candy ear buds.

oldgoat
02-17-2017, 09:03 AM
These Skull Candy & plugfones:- are they purely to reduce wind noise or do they have electrical cords to deliver music to your ears?

aracrash
02-17-2017, 09:29 AM
These Skull Candy & plugfones:- are they purely to reduce wind noise or do they have electrical cords to deliver music to your ears?

They do both. Plugs into your phone or you can buy a wireless pair that are similar to the beats by Dre

I sound like a spokesman. Lol. But I do enjoy have them. I rarely ride without them.

bmccaffrey
02-17-2017, 09:46 AM
Aracrash

Do you have Bluetooth version or wired

Thanks