PDA

View Full Version : Just relaxing on a beach in the Caymans after the lunch crowd left, and

wyliec
02-16-2017, 10:37 AM
along came 1200 horsies.

I asked the guide that brought us over how fast it was. His friend is one of the pilots for the Marine Police, and he said 87 mph (around 77 knots) in calm waters. I asked how do you get a ride on that bad boy? He said- "you got drugs."

Bob Denman
02-16-2017, 11:32 AM
:clap:
You know that old saying:
"Having a great time; wish you were here!"
That's how we feel...
We wish that you were here, and we were where you are! :D:roflblack:

:joke::joke::joke::joke:

Chupaca
02-16-2017, 11:36 AM
that is a lot of motors to push around a rubber boat....:roflblack: bet it can catch up with a lot of bad boys.....:lecturef_smilie:

ARtraveler
02-16-2017, 03:14 PM
Very nice. Envy! Envy! Envy! Now I want to go to Maui again. :bowdown::bowdown:

Cavman
02-16-2017, 11:48 PM
The US has some of those rigid inflatable boats without the enclosure that will do over 100 mph! The seats are on shock suspension and ain't cheap! Keeps the crew from tearing up their backs and bodies. The go fast boats don't have the nice seats.
I saw a video a number of years ago of a chase from a gun ship helicopter chasing a drug boat. A heads up machine gun blast across the bow stopped them.

wyliec
02-17-2017, 06:58 AM
The US has some of those rigid inflatable boats without the enclosure that will do over 100 mph! The seats are on shock suspension and ain't cheap! Keeps the crew from tearing up their backs and bodies. The go fast boats don't have the nice seats.
I saw a video a number of years ago of a chase from a gun ship helicopter chasing a drug boat. A heads up machine gun blast across the bow stopped them.

I thought 87 mph was fast on water. Over 100 mph must be exhilarating. :yikes: