PDA

View Full Version : how to attach razor-type foldable scooter to our RT/622 trailer combination

jleitzke
02-15-2017, 04:01 PM
We take off for several weeks on our GREAT Spyder! My breathing is getting worse with walking. Hate to miss things that are off the beaten track cuz I can't walk that far. Figured that a small foldable scooter would help but haven't figured out how to carry it along!
Help!!!

SPYD3R
02-15-2017, 05:10 PM
i would advise that you visit a local fabrication shop and ask if they could build and install a luggage type rack for your trailer that would hold the razor... i would think you would be looking at $500 - $700 for such an item... best of luck...
jmo
Dan P
SPYD3R

Tomline
02-15-2017, 06:12 PM
If you check out different models of handicap scooters I think your best option would be a three wheel scooter that folds and comes apart. I'm not sure how much one of these weights but I'm quite sure it would fit inside a small trailer and still allow room for other "stuff." My first wife, now deceased five years, had one & spent the last two or three years being mobile & travelling and enjoying herself. It was a blessing for her & the rest of our family & friends! Shop around & pick the best model for your particular needs. I/we had an 03 Honda VTX 1300 and she went from never having ridden to being the one picking out the day rides as well as extended trips. She was a real trooper & I miss her daily. Take Care! Sorry for my rambling!

jleitzke
02-15-2017, 06:55 PM
If you check out different models of handicap scooters I think your best option would be a three wheel scooter that folds and comes apart. I'm not sure how much one of these weights but I'm quite sure it would fit inside a small trailer and still allow room for other "stuff." My first wife, now deceased five years, had one & spent the last two or three years being mobile & travelling and enjoying herself. It was a blessing for her & the rest of our family & friends! Shop around & pick the best model for your particular needs. I/we had an 03 Honda VTX 1300 and she went from never having ridden to being the one picking out the day rides as well as extended trips. She was a real trooper & I miss her daily. Take Care! Sorry for my rambling!
Thx Tom - Have looked at several very small scooters. When we take off for 3+ months, we take everything from swimsuits to long johns, all of our spare medications, 2 CPAP machines and my nebulizer. Hubby did take golf clubs last yr so he could play in Canada on our trip around Lk Superior - Maybe the little guy I'm looking at will fit where his clubs were!