PDA

View Full Version : Trailer for 2 Spyders

snics
02-14-2017, 08:56 PM
Looking to buy an enclosed trailer to haul our 2 Spyder RT and also our 2 Sleds.
Was wondering what size trailer i should get.

I've asked a few friends, at the dealer and I'm getting different answers.

So, does anyone trailer two RT's in an enclosed trailer, what size trailer do you have?

Thanks.

Silvano

JayD
02-14-2017, 09:55 PM
8 x20 car hauler. Pretty good prices. $3,500 to $4,000.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

dieselengine9
02-15-2017, 01:51 PM
You should go with at least a 20 footer. SOME of the 18 footers might work if they have the V front. Pretty much any enclosed trailer that long will be wide enough but certainly measure before you buy.

When I went to pick up mine and my wife's Spyders I took a trailer that was just a bit too short. I had ridden dirtbikes and 4 wheelers all my life but never anything on the highway. I was 3 hours from home and had no choice but to hop on the interstate and hope for the best lol I took an MSF before getting licensed (and shopping for machines) and I was darn glad I did. Only incident I had coming home was trying to set the cruise I hit the cut-off switch. I'm sure I could have just immediately turned it back on and been fine but I didn't know any better. I clutched in and shifted down to neutral and coasted off the interstate and just started over. Definitely a rookie move but you live and learn. I knew I had to get back into traffic so I got on it hard and went through the gears and when I was safely back on the interstate and moving through the traffic I looked down and was running 102 lol Good times. Thankful for those experiences to learn from.

fetermel
02-15-2017, 06:51 PM
I purchased an enclosed trailer that is 7x23, 18' with a 5' V front to haul our 2 STS's. I haven't actually hauled them anywhere yet but had them in there to install the D rings in the floor, That size gives you plenty of room, and 3 snowmobiles fit in it easily.:yes: