PDA

View Full Version : BRP Called today

jaherbst
02-13-2017, 09:55 PM
Got a call from Alberta CAN this afternoon. Almost hung up when I noticed the 1-888 number. Thought it was another solicitation. It was a rep from BRP. Asked if I could answer a few questions about the Spyder for future marketing. Most were in the line of "how much would you be willing to pay on an improvement to the existing". Items included lights, tail lights, seats, instrument panel lighting, radio and many more items following.

I think there are some changes in the wind as one of the changes was styling. Quite a lengthy interview and I thought it to be very serious and constructive.

Jack

armyspydervet
02-13-2017, 10:10 PM
I also got a call. I wasn't able to answer it at work, but she said she would call back. They called me around this time last year.

LateLifeCrisis
02-13-2017, 10:11 PM
Got a call from Alberta CAN this afternoon. Almost hung up when I noticed the 1-888 number. Thought it was another solicitation. It was a rep from BRP. Asked if I could answer a few questions about the Spyder for future marketing. Most were in the line of "how much would you be willing to pay on an improvement to the existing". Items included lights, tail lights, seats, instrument panel lighting, radio and many more items following.

I think there are some changes in the wind as one of the changes was styling. Quite a lengthy interview and I thought it to be very serious and constructive.

Jack

Ooooo! Maybe more better TOYS coming! :dg1:

murphybrown
02-13-2017, 10:19 PM
Received call. Felt definitely worth participating

JP58
02-13-2017, 10:26 PM
I would like to see the RT get a trunk like the F3 but keep the large saddle bags. Also get more driver leg room like the F3. I seen the new F3 limited at the Chicago bike show. I like the F3 but for my wife it would suck. No room back there and the seat and backrest are small and hard. The floor boards are not adjustable like the RT.

Tango
02-13-2017, 11:19 PM
Got the call yesterday. And I didn't answer it. They left a message, so I called back. It was a good survey IMO. And they are definitely thinking about changes. :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

Chupaca
02-14-2017, 02:22 AM
I will not be getting a call...I have an RS...:roflblack:

PistonBlown
02-14-2017, 03:07 AM
I will not be getting a call...I have an RS...:roflblack:

Yep, our answers wouldn't fit with how they want the survey to go:-)

SpyRyd
02-14-2017, 04:09 AM
Got the call yesterday. And I didn't answer it. They left a message, so I called back. It was a good survey IMO. And they are definitely thinking about changes. :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

Did you tell them about your radio reception issues? I did, at length!

PistonBlown
02-14-2017, 04:45 AM
As I'll never get called my wish list would be...

Chop any 'junk' like radios etc to save weight.
Fit a high revving engine with increased power/torque - something that delivers under 4 second 0-60
Ultra sticky tires and improved suspension.
Three modes - Wet, Normal, Sports that adjust power and nanny
Ability to move pegs back to at least the same position as an RS (with the seat at the same height as the RS)
More options for bars so you can have them more forward not just back (e.g. like clip-ons you get on café racers).
Pillion seat cowl
Light weight frame

... you get the idea:-)

youngers
02-14-2017, 04:48 AM
that is really nice too hear , that they are going out side the box , and getting actual rider information , and not relying , on the engineer and a computer program too do style and compatibility !

Minister
02-14-2017, 06:59 AM
I got the call last week. It gave me a chance to voice my opinion on some things (like the Kinda tires), but she seemed to have already heard that a time or two:banghead:

A lot of the survey involved: what options would you like (and be willing to pay extra for). My thoughts were that with the price we pay for these machines, they should provide more of these as standard equipment!

irvin48
02-14-2017, 07:29 AM
no call. pick me , pick me !!!!!!:yes::yes::yes:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
02-14-2017, 07:56 AM
i got a call but it was only phone sex

Bob Denman
02-14-2017, 08:02 AM
The RT bodywork has had eight Seasons so far (through 2017.). it's time for them to start figuring out what "RT version 2.0" is going to be. nojoke

Ex Winger
02-14-2017, 08:10 AM
i got a call but it was only phone sex

Sorry didn,t know that was your number:roflblack:

cuznjohn
02-14-2017, 08:11 AM
if they call anyone else, tell them i give great reviews, and if they give me a bike, i will say nothing but nice things

Bob Denman
02-14-2017, 08:19 AM
John,
:D If they call me: I'll be sure to give them your number! :thumbup:

PMK
02-14-2017, 09:43 AM
The RT bodywork has had eight Seasons so far (through 2017.). it's time for them to start figuring out what "RT version 2.0" is going to be. nojoke

I hope they are currently getting parts built for the 2018 models, otherwise it may be a long wait when the assembly starts making them this fall.

kngfsh27
02-14-2017, 09:44 AM
Be nice to see more robust body panels that fit better and are easier to remove (oil filter change). This one area that the Spyder and Slingshot are a lot alike. Cheap plastic.

oldguyinTX
02-14-2017, 10:01 AM
They will never call me, they hate me. I find ways to get them to fix stuff that they don't want to fix.

Habib
02-14-2017, 10:51 AM
Hope they are reading this thread. How about a factory hand brake option? Challenged riding is why so many people buy a Spyder.

Bob Denman
02-14-2017, 10:55 AM
They will never call me, they hate me. I find ways to get them to fix stuff that they don't want to fix.

:shocked: Look out: The Black Helicopters have been seen in your area... :yikes:

SPYD3R
02-14-2017, 11:18 AM
I'VE NEVER HEARD FROM BRP..... and i've owned a SPYD3R since 2009.... hmmmmmmm......
did you guys sign-up for these calls....?
Dan P
SPYD3R

ARtraveler
02-14-2017, 02:53 PM
No call for me yet. The last time I got one of the survey calls, was 2010 or so.

Be careful what you ask for. I am getting vibes of a $35K + loaded RTS on the horizon. The F3 T and S versions are already at the price of the RTL. Improvements to the RT line are needed so will have to sit back and see what happens.

At the moment, I am feeling that $30K is more than I am willing to pay again. And, I don't like the fit and feel of the F3 T & S versions. Looks, yess! :thumbup:

Bob Denman
02-14-2017, 03:06 PM
:agree: Those factory installed farkles ain't cheap! :shocked:

armyspydervet
02-14-2017, 04:55 PM
I hope they are currently getting parts built for the 2018 models, otherwise it may be a long wait when the assembly starts making them this fall.

I doubt the feedback they get from this survey will make it into a 2018 model. It will take multiple years to affect design changes. Maybe 2019...it would be nice if they lowered accessory pricing. You can get better quality aftermarket parts and accessories for half the cost of OEM.

samewok
02-14-2017, 05:46 PM
The questions I was asked where about head lights, tire pressure monitors in display, comfort of seat, reach to handle bars, stiffness of suspension, and radio.

Border Rider
02-14-2017, 08:19 PM
BRP asked us all the same questions. I said they were expensive enough,and any thing they added should
not cost us more, they should already know we all want a better seat, tires and stabilizer bar.

PistonBlown
02-14-2017, 11:54 PM
If they keep just asking RT riders we'll end up with lazy boy seats, auto-pilot and entertainment systems so they can watch sat tv while reclined with the autopilot on:-)

Bob Denman
02-15-2017, 07:53 AM
There are only two models. (and their derivatives...)
The F-3 was new in 2015, while the RT stretches back to 2010...
Which one do you think they should ask about? :dontknow:

missouriboy
02-15-2017, 12:23 PM
Was anything said about instrument panel turn-signal indicators that are actually visible? And they shouldn't cost one penny more!

Tango
02-15-2017, 05:24 PM
I doubt the feedback they get from this survey will make it into a 2018 model. It will take multiple years to affect design changes. Maybe 2019...it would be nice if they lowered accessory pricing. You can get better quality aftermarket parts and accessories for half the cost of OEM.

I was told 2 years go. That 2019 would be the year for an updated RT model. Whether that is true or not. Time will tell. :dontknow: Tom :spyder:

JKMSPYDER
02-15-2017, 05:49 PM
I got my call today. I asked for a stiffer sway bar and a better rear shock as standard equipment.

Peter Aawen
02-15-2017, 06:13 PM
I would've thought that these would've been on most people's lists:

better tires (or at least recognition that most good CAR tires DO work fine on our Spyders);
a range or selection of better suspension/shocks/sway-bars;
a range/variety of windshields that work for differently sized people & needs; &
a range/variety of seats for different sized people & preferences.

With at least some people then calling for:

more power; &
maybe even a bit more 'programability' to allow personal tuning of how/when the Nanny intervenes (or at least 'Sport' mode across the board!!).....

Regardless, it seems that not too many people interested in Spyders outside North America ever get asked, so it's pretty clear where their biggest market lies. Shame, cos IMO their market penetration could be a LOT greater in a heap more places if they ever showed any real interest! :gaah:

Deanna777
02-15-2017, 08:10 PM
If BRP calls me I will suggest a painted dashboard as an option! Deanna

Sarge707
02-15-2017, 09:20 PM
When they called me I said , "Did I win a New Spyder or Sea Doo?" and they said No? I said I'm busy right now-Call back Later. Still waiting?nojoke

Fat Baxter
02-15-2017, 11:57 PM
I got the call several days ago, and thought about mentioning it here, but passed. So I'll chime in here.

I'm fairly happy with the current RT (I have a 2014 RT-S). Size, rider position, control layout, etc. When they asked about additional lighting (a la TRICLED), I said no. I think there's value in having aftermarket suppliers for all the possible variations of farkles. IF BRP started including TRICLED-like light kits, some businesses might go under. I'd rather not see that. Competition is a good thing, as are the jobs they bring.

The one thing I really pinged them on, was the OEM tires, and BRP's corporate reluctance (heck, outright refusal) to let dealers install even rider-supplied non-OEM rubber. I mentioned that, IMO, tire alternatives generate the most discussion in Spyder forums and are perhaps the Spyders' sorest point. I said they really need to find a different supplier than Kenda, and they need to let the dealers install non-OEM tires.

I also said they need to install, as standard equipment, a power outlet in the cockpit (I would prefer in that blank center slot, amongst the other rocker switches, below the handlebars). So folks can power electric clothing. It's nickles and dime stuff; for the price of an RT, it ought to be a no-brainer.

ussoldier
02-16-2017, 12:06 PM
I would've thought that these would've been on most people's lists:

better tires (or at least recognition that most good CAR tires DO work fine on our Spyders);
a range or selection of better suspension/shocks/sway-bars;
a range/variety of windshields that work for differently sized people & needs; &
a range/variety of seats for different sized people & preferences.

With at least some people then calling for:

more power; &
maybe even a bit more 'programability' to allow personal tuning of how/when the Nanny intervenes (or at least 'Sport' mode across the board!!).....

Regardless, it seems that not too many people interested in Spyders outside North America ever get asked, so it's pretty clear where their biggest market lies. Shame, cos IMO their market penetration could be a LOT greater in a heap more places if they ever showed any real interest! :gaah:

These are actually good things on the list. In addition, I would recommend for the F3 Models or any other Models:

1) SHOCKS. Instead of those SACH shocks in the rear and Fox Shocks in the front. Have all shocks the same such as the FOX shocks on both front and rear. Otherwise manufacturer needs to find Shocks that are better than FOX schocks and comparing form different vendors.

2) ELECTRONICS. Less electronic components. It seems like the more electronics than the more expensive it gets in repairing them. I would like to signals to turn left on the monitor rather than having signals that look like hazard lights.

3) IDLER KIT. Idler kit placed instead of buying it for our personal use. Keep this as part of the Can-am Spyder.

4) TIRES. Recommend search for the best tires. If they are able to put BREMO brakes than why not have the best tires.

5) SUSPENSION. Better handling than place the sway bar installed already. Most sports car already have sway bars on them.

6) FOG LIGHTS. Have the fog lights installed

7) POWER. Additional speed would be nice. If necessary take out the front trunk to make some adjustments. Sure the 2015 and above does have less trunk space to accommodate that 115 HP. Might as well do something. By the way, I am not a mechanical engineer...lol

Above all, these are some of the items and discrepancies listed that I see on the Forums most of the time. I would like the Can-am to be better than the Harley Davidson (American Model) or Indians (American Models). If Can-am can be the best in the manufacturer business than be the best. Profitability will run high for the Can-am Spyders. If they are going to open the market to have everyone buy the Can-am Spyder than have them make it affordable for everyone to purchase. That is my recommendation for the Can-am manufacturers.

I am not sure what President wanted Americans to have all automobiles. But here is an old video that I thought I could find:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMjdwSGzEg0

Bob Denman
02-16-2017, 12:18 PM
I'm sort of looking for another serious re-designing of the bike. nojoke
Make it longer... give the operator and passenger a longer seating area.
Make the top trunk actually useful! It needs to be made larger from front to rear, and a little bit wider.
The side storage compartments need to be longer from front to rar, and wider! We need more storage space!
If this requires going to a shaft-drive setup: that's okay with me! :D
The radio needs to be sourced from a different supplier. The interface needs to be made easier to use, and the overall quality needs some serious attention. :shocked:
Since the bike will be longer: it'll have more room for a larger fuel tank: give us even more range! :thumbup:
Simplify the panel mounting and removal process...
Why do you need to remove the mirrors, in order to remove the side panels?

But I am happy with the engine and transmission combination!

ARtraveler
02-20-2017, 04:29 PM
I got the call from BRP today. Mine lasted 35 minutes. I was asked all the above questions and gave them my opinions.

When it came to all the electronic whizbangs that they said could be added at extra cost--I gave them a no on everything.

I would like to see a bit less electronic stuff--as in less stuff to go wrong.

I am pretty much happy with the ergonomics as they are. I did mention that OEM seats suck. I replaced all five of mine. More and brighter lighting should be added an little to no extra costs. Its called "safety."

I mentioned a bigger engine would be nice also.

I guess I am still on the "list." :roflblack:

blitzkreig
02-20-2017, 04:46 PM
If they call me with an "888" number they won't be getting an answer from me.:wrong:

armyspydervet
02-20-2017, 05:44 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l8oPVVGYQ40

Bob Denman
02-20-2017, 06:03 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l8oPVVGYQ40

Chris,
Make sure that you order the proper one; they come in a variety of models! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8avOiTUcD4Y

ARtraveler
02-20-2017, 07:05 PM
If they call me with an "888" number they won't be getting an answer from me.:wrong:

Mine came from 882.

Rich_C
02-20-2017, 10:00 PM
When they called me today, they asked if I would pay extra for bluetooth features like being able to use my cellphone or talk to my riding buddies. And GPS Navigation. And more color choices. I hope BRP is not running out of innovative ideas. I also got some of the same questions mentioned above, but not all. Mostly about new electronic gadgets and color/style choices, few of which would cause me to open my wallet wider.

The man who called me said he usually works for BRP's SKI-DOO division, but was brought in to help with this survey. Must be a big survey. On questions about comfort, I asked if I should answer based on my wife's F3 or my ST, and he said I should comment on the ST. I would not take that to mean a future replacement for the ST is in the cards.