PDA

View Full Version : Kuryakyn Brake pad covers

StarTraveler649
04-13-2009, 06:42 PM
bought the brake pad covers and the handle bar chrome accents from Kuryakyn. Ordered on thur arrived today. the chrome really dresses up the empty slots on the handlebars.

Problem I am having is I cannot get the brake pad covers to fit. I double checked on their site to make sure I ordered the right ones, I did, checked to make sure they sent the right ones, they did. They specifically state for the '08 - '09 Can Am Spyder.

Instructions state they fit over the stock rubber pad, if the screws were 2-3 times as long, maybe, but would have a huge, nasty gap there.

Am I missing something ? Tried both sides, moved them all around, etc., etc.

Any hints ??

They look great, just can't put those babies on !!

StarTraveler649
04-13-2009, 09:26 PM
bump :dontknow:

bjt
04-14-2009, 06:59 AM
I just looked at their website and it appears that those brake pedal pad covers should be really simple to install. I got this from their installation instructions...

Procedure
STEP 1 Separate the two halves of the brake pedal cover. Make sure the rubbers protrude evenly through the openings in the brake cover top.
STEP 2 Sandwich the stock brake pedal tread between the top and bottom halves.
STEP 3 Secure the top to the bottom with the 10–24 socket heads provided.
STEP 4 Any free play in the cover can be removed by tightening the set screws in the back half of the cover. Do not over tighten.

sixpack
04-14-2009, 07:44 AM
I have them on my bike you have to take the rubber pads off first for them to fit. The Kuryakyn pads fit nice and snug and look great.

StarTraveler649
04-14-2009, 10:58 AM
BJT - did that, they don't fit over the existing pads, stock pads way too thick. Thanks though. They should be very easy to install,.

SixPAck - Is there any special way to take the stock pads off ? Looked at them last night and they are on there pretty good. Did not notice any mounting screws under there, but did not do a very good inspection.

sixpack
04-14-2009, 01:01 PM
There are 2 screws under the pads undo those and the pads come right off

StarTraveler649
04-14-2009, 01:28 PM
Thanks a bunch ! SHould have stuck my head under there and looked instead of relying on feeling for them !