PDA

View Full Version : F3-T Like GoldWing

Salemons
02-07-2017, 12:39 PM
I really like the features and specs of the F3-T. My problem is I have a 2008 Goldwing and like the seating and foot position. Tried some Harley cruiser type bikes and not used to the foot forward. Can the F3 be adjusted to be more like the RS sitting so its similar to the wing?

Bob Denman
02-07-2017, 12:48 PM
With the U-Fit system: you've got a fair amount of adjustability.
My advice would be to go to a dealer, and see if they'll let you experiment with the various options.
Good luck! :thumbup:

Pirate looks at --
02-07-2017, 01:22 PM
The RT would give you more of a GW seating position I think. Depending on how tall you are, the U-Fit can move the legs crack some, but not like the RS.

Chupaca
02-07-2017, 01:49 PM
:agree: The RT would get you there. The adjustable footing on the F3 may help if your not to tall but you will not get to the RS and the Wing is more of the RT position. Good long test ryde might do the trick...:thumbup:

OJ UK
02-07-2017, 01:55 PM
I really like the features and specs of the F3-T. My problem is I have a 2008 Goldwing and like the seating and foot position. Tried some Harley cruiser type bikes and not used to the foot forward. Can the F3 be adjusted to be more like the RS sitting so its similar to the wing?

Know where you're coming from on the feet forward thing! I had exactly the same reservations before I bought my F3-S.
If you're planning on the paddle change version I wouldn't worry as the only thing your feet (Right foot) have to do is operate the brake pedal. By the time I had driven 50 miles I was acclimatized and very happy with the comfort. I added some foot boards and Nirvana was achieved! 143345

JP58
02-07-2017, 02:17 PM
Look at the Seal boards for the f 3. They run the whole length. That's what I would get.

ARtraveler
02-07-2017, 02:20 PM
IMO--the RT version is much more like the GW. The F3 is more of a cruiser fit and feel. :thumbup:

SpyderGTL
02-08-2017, 09:16 PM
Another option to consider for an alternate foot position that is more sport tourer-like on the F3 is to add Lamont's third peg option. This will give you an option to have your feet under you while eating up miles on the road. It's not a foot position you'd use much around town in stop and go traffic, but it can be used quite frequently otherwise. I came off of a BMW K1600 GTL and use the third peg location occasionally.

IndyBill
02-09-2017, 08:29 AM
I agree that if you are wanting a Can-Am Goldwing you need to go with a RT. I have had all three. A Goldwing, A RT and now an F3-T. The problem I have is that the RT does not corner at speed as well as the Goldwing. Others will tell you that they will but if you ride aggressively at all the RT will fall behind. The F3 is totally different in the way it handles and is as fast or faster than most two wheelers in corners. RT riders jump on but these are my observations and have owned over 50 bikes and have owned almost all brands so I have a little experience.

I put the Baja-Ron sway bar on the 2015 RT and had it laser aligned but it still was not enough.

I like the seating position of the F3.

Hope this helps.

Bill

JP58
02-11-2017, 04:59 PM
I agree that if you are wanting a Can-Am Goldwing you need to go with a RT. I have had all three. A Goldwing, A RT and now an F3-T. The problem I have is that the RT does not corner at speed as well as the Goldwing. Others will tell you that they will but if you ride aggressively at all the RT will fall behind. The F3 is totally different in the way it handles and is as fast or faster than most two wheelers in corners. RT riders jump on but these are my observations and have owned over 50 bikes and have owned almost all brands so I have a little experience.

I put the Baja-Ron sway bar on the 2015 RT and had it laser aligned but it still was not enough.

I like the seating position of the F3.

Hope this helps.

Bill

So your saying the stock F3 T handles even better than an RT with Baja ron swaybar. If so will have to test ride one.

IndyBill
02-12-2017, 03:48 PM
Yes in my opinion there is no comparison but please test ride one for yourself. Everyone is different but my wife rides and shares my opinion and loves to ride the F3-T. It is actually her bike. I had an F3-S and traded it for a Ducati Monster 1200S.

We both still have HD's also.

Thanks
Bill