PDA

View Full Version : F3 MPG (Tuned vs. Untuned)

UCLA F3S
02-03-2017, 02:56 PM
Fellow F3'ers:

I'm curious to know what kind of MPG differences you guys and gals are seeing between your tuned and un-tuned rigs. I didn't have my Spyder very long before I slapped the Dynojet module on it. I'm currently seeing ≈ 32 MPG in mixed riding.

How about some of you other folks? Curious to hear all numbers/riding conditions.

Bob Denman
02-03-2017, 03:02 PM
32 mpg? Did you richen the mix? :dontknow:
On our ride to Springfield last year: We kept track of our fuel usages...
I was always a tenth or two less; than the F3 riders...
But I normally get 39 mpg with my RT
(un-tuned: of course!)

UCLA F3S
02-03-2017, 03:06 PM
32 mpg? Did you richen the mix? :dontknow:
On our ride to Springfield last year: We kept track of our fuel usages...
I was always a tenth or two less; than the F3 riders...
But I normally get 39 mpg with my RT
(un-tuned: of course!)

Running a fairly moderate tune, however, I've got a pretty twisty commute to work through the canyons...and I like to get on it. I have noticed that the MPG has been increasing over the past couple of tanks. I only have 1,200 miles on the bike. The ECU could still be adjusting.

Bob Denman
02-03-2017, 03:21 PM
Only 1200 miles? :D
You won't start seeing your best fuel economy for another 7,000 miles or so! :clap:
(The triple needs to top 8,000 miles, in order to fully loosen-up.)

UCLA F3S
02-03-2017, 03:23 PM
Only 1200 miles? :D
You won't start seeing your best fuel economy for another 7,000 miles or so! :clap:
(The triple needs to top 8,000 miles, in order to fully loosen-up.)

Right on! Heartening news :) (Not that I was complaining or anything)

Road-Kill
02-03-2017, 03:33 PM
Fellow F3'ers:

I'm curious to know what kind of MPG differences you guys and gals are seeing between your tuned and un-tuned rigs. I didn't have my Spyder very long before I slapped the Dynojet module on it. I'm currently seeing ≈ 32 MPG in mixed riding.

How about some of you other folks? Curious to hear all numbers/riding conditions.

I have NOT ridden enough since I bought my bike 2 weeks ago but I found this before I bought my bike for a peek into what I was getting myself into.

http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/can-am/spyder_f3-s_se6_

http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/can-am

It also lists MANY other Spyders and is posted by owners.....supposedly.

SPYD3R
02-03-2017, 04:24 PM
MPG on the back-roads & twisties averages 37....
MPG on the high-ways @ a constant speed between 60 & 70 mph averages 40....
both of these will vary up/down by 1 mpg dependent on elevation and/or temperature...
Dan P
SPYD3R

Chupaca
02-03-2017, 05:29 PM
looks like your just warming up...:lecturef_smilie:check back in after 20 tanks full on the subject....but do enjoy finding out....:ohyea:

UCLA F3S
02-03-2017, 06:01 PM
looks like your just warming up...:lecturef_smilie:check back in after 20 tanks full on the subject....but do enjoy finding out....:ohyea:

Definitely!

fencepost
02-03-2017, 07:29 PM
If I'm concerned about fuel mileage I'm not in the fun zone. A number of years ago the wife and I were on a road trip, me on a 1500 Goldwing and her on a Harley Fatboy, she came over the CB and asked why we were going so slow? I told her that if I went over 3k rpm my fuel mileage dropped off and she said "I don't give a damm about your fuel mileage". I have never been concerned with fuel mileage since.

Al Gully
02-03-2017, 07:49 PM
"I don't give a damm about your fuel mileage". I have never been concerned with fuel mileage since.
Happy Wife, Happy life :roflblack:

Firefly
02-04-2017, 11:39 AM
Fellow F3'ers:

Dynojet makes a module for the 1330?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UCLA F3S
02-04-2017, 12:06 PM
Dynojet makes a module for the 1330?

Indeed they do...

Powercommander V Part Number: 25-020

Firefly
02-04-2017, 12:23 PM
Indeed they do...

Interesting. I have a PC V with auto-tune I took off my 2008 GS. Really liked it. Auto-tune took the guesswork out of tweaking the maps.
Might have to revisit this for the F3.... bit right now money goes towards Corbin seat.
The stock F3 is pretty damn sporty as is.

Bob Denman
02-04-2017, 12:44 PM
Indeed they do...

http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/products.aspx?mk=1&mdl=3194&yr=3196
Now that I've taken a look at all of this: I'm terrified! :shocked:
Which parts would you need, and which parts would you only want? :dontknow:
And what the heck do they all do? :yikes:

9tda1dr
02-04-2017, 08:09 PM
F3-S: 33mpg in about a 70/30 mix of backroad and street driving. That's with approximately 400 miles of riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

al0vely
02-04-2017, 08:37 PM
I have NOT ridden enough since I bought my bike 2 weeks ago but I found this before I bought my bike for a peek into what I was getting myself into.

http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/can-am/spyder_f3-s_se6_

http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/can-am

It also lists MANY other Spyders and is posted by owners.....supposedly.

I track my fuel usage on the Fuelly site for all of my vehicles including my F3L which is getting 35mpg and I have 2800 miles.

UCLA F3S
02-04-2017, 10:16 PM
Interesting. I have a PC V with auto-tune I took off my 2008 GS. Really liked it. Auto-tune took the guesswork out of tweaking the maps.
Might have to revisit this for the F3.... bit right now money goes towards Corbin seat.
The stock F3 is pretty damn sporty as is.

Indeed it is. The Dynojet module takes it to the next level, though :)

trikermutha
02-04-2017, 11:02 PM
the map they have is for the F3 and is the same map for the RT. Like to get a map for the RT been running my power commander for awhile now.

Firefly
02-05-2017, 10:41 AM
Good info to have. I'll put this on next years wish list.

SoCal Spyder
02-10-2017, 02:28 PM
I can provide what is probably a worst case scenario for mileage. I have a five mile commute to work, all surface streets, many traffic lights. I'm 6'6" around 235lbs. My F3S only has around 3500 miles on it so far and that sounds like its not fully broken in yet. My riding style is definitely anti eco mode. So all negative factors for mileage accounted for.

I use the Fuelio app to track my mileage and the lowest I see on a tank is 25mpg. Most tanks are 26mpg. I have taken a few freeway trips but even then I end up around 31 or 32mpg.

But as others have mentioned, I didn't buy my spyder to save gas, I bought it to have fun.