PDA

View Full Version : Louisville, KY riders

damerr01
01-31-2017, 05:26 PM
Are there any Can Am Spyder riding groups in or near Louisville, KY? I'm looking to ride with other Can Am riders.

Chupaca
01-31-2017, 06:26 PM
There are 7 ryders listed here in louisville and 225 in KY. You can check the home page upper left for clubs and groups or check the local bike shops for open rydes. :thumbup:

Mactoys
02-01-2017, 10:38 AM
I am in North Central Kentucky, almost equally between Lexington, Louisville and Cincinnati. I have been riding through the winter so far. I'd love to join people for some riding.

Old Crow
02-03-2017, 11:45 PM
Are there any Can Am Spyder riding groups in or near Louisville, KY? I'm looking to ride with other Can Am riders.

There is an active group in the Lexington area. Here is a link to our Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1505910899642587/

youngers
02-04-2017, 08:38 AM

heyyyyyyyy guy, or gal , I am just north of Louisville ky , sellersburg , area , more closer too deams lake region ! I ride a lot in clark county and scott county Washington county , sounds like a lot but it is about 3 hour drive , we usually run too Madison Indiana , very nice spot too just drive and enjoy the day , have been looking for other riders here also , will wait for your reply , then we can p.m. each other { private message , not night time :roflblack: } do you ride a black spyder r-t in the 2015 year range ? we passed a black r-t last summer , they pulled into the gas station we went straight ? go too see another close by

youngers
02-04-2017, 10:08 AM
from the maps , you are just right across the super new bridge, with a small fee that is ! :ohyea: we often think of riding over the bridge and riding the river road ride , from Louisville too the Madison even too beltarra and play !

klinton
02-04-2017, 10:24 AM
I live here in Louisvile. Valley Station. We do a lot of riding on Sundays all over Ky Prefer back roads, Like the sights Give me a call 502-640-5315

youngers
02-06-2017, 04:27 AM
it was not a bad day for a trip around the area , I think in the high 40`s , wasn`t sure if you folks were able too get out and do a spin , or not ...

Mactoys
02-06-2017, 05:54 PM
I was able to get out Saturday. I think the highest temp I saw was 37. Other than wearing the wrong pants (my knees were a little cool), it was a decent ride. I met a non-riding buddy for lunch in Frankfort.

Today, I rode the backroads to Florence for a trip to PlanetFitness. I saw 58 degrees before the clouds rolled in. It looks like there may be several good days next week. If anyone is planning an outing, post it here. Thanks

Mark

janeellen41
02-06-2017, 11:31 PM
Glad to see some Louisville Spyder activity! My husband and I jumped back in back into 3-wheel ownership back in October. (We owned a Goldwing trike about 10 years ago.) And I for one am not afraid of a little cold weather ryding. I was out Saturday as well for a little run down to Elk Creek to Finchville to Simpsonville and back home. We would love to meet some fellow ryders for some local rydes. And of course, Youngers, that could include the "sunny side."

kywinger
02-07-2017, 07:34 AM
Good Day

Live just north of Louisville, Trimble county area.
We mostly ride single, would like to meet some other riders in the area.
Don't like riding during the salt season, will wait until it's over.

janeellen41
02-17-2017, 10:00 AM
Hello again Louisville area ryders,
Sounds like we're coming up on a beautiful weekend temperature wise. Would anyone like to get together maybe Sunday for some meet and greet, maybe food, and best of all, some Spyder riding?

youngers
02-18-2017, 06:57 AM
Hello again Louisville area ryders,
Sounds like we're coming up on a beautiful weekend temperature wise. Would anyone like to get together maybe Sunday for some meet and greet, maybe food, and best of all, some Spyder riding?

checking the weather , { 1 second ... phone app .. :shocked: } looks like very close too 70 degrees , 812 - seven eight six - 113 five - text away ! lets see what sort of ride might be able too gather ...

youngers
02-18-2017, 06:59 AM
I guess we better make sure we all can accept or send text message I suppose , 5 a.m. phone call might not be a good thing ! send a test text with my number 1 post up . will reply as soon as I see it { Saturday , what mine looks like , work in the wifes folks garage around 9 too when ever , will glance at phone off and on , later that day , visit with family around 12 I guess , and poker afternoon / night will try too stay in touch , if it seems long ---- I might be WINNING :2thumbs:

youngers
02-18-2017, 07:07 AM
a footer note : in the text use this --- a test text , spyder rider , Louisville area

janeellen41
02-19-2017, 06:13 PM
Hey guys,
What a great day it was to meet all of you and to get out and RYDE!!! :yes:We need to do it again real soon. Anyone in the Louisville area is more than welcome - the more, the merrier! Keep a watch on this thread.

youngers
02-19-2017, 07:58 PM
hello janellen 41 , and hello klinton was a good day , although we should have started in southern Indiana where the sun must have been shining all day long ! :roflblack: had a great 4 or 5 hour ride with you folks ! 143839143840 { and too think we have passed on the road before , just did not know it at the time hahahaha .... rough river ? or east side of Louisville next ?

janeellen41
02-23-2017, 08:48 PM
Well, us working stiffs have been missing out on all of this gorgeous riding weather this week. Gonna get a little nippier this weekend. But i'm game if you all are! :ohyea:

youngers
02-26-2017, 07:49 AM
whoooooowww ! man frost on the pumpkins :yikes: ....... now next Saturday and Sunday , as far as extended forecast goes , Saturday in the low 60`s and sunday in the middle 60`s with sun and wind ! sounds like the better days too do another ride ! Saturday I am guessing ! give the working stiffs <------ time too straighten back out :roflblack: { the 3/4 and 3/5 date lines }

youngers
02-27-2017, 05:01 PM
3 /4 Saturday --- low 60`s sunny ----> 3 / 5 sunday high 68 near 70 degrees partial cloudy :thumbup: ! wheels balanced , and ready for another good ride !

Brogers57
02-27-2017, 10:56 PM
I expect to see all of you guys at the KY Lake Barkley Ride this year!

youngers
02-28-2017, 04:20 AM
I expect to see all of you guys at the KY Lake Barkley Ride this year!
already have a room reserved !

unclegeezer
02-28-2017, 06:26 AM
I live about 30 miles North of Bowling Green in a small town (Austin, Ky.)

janeellen41
02-28-2017, 01:13 PM
We're on for Saturday, God willing and the creek don't rise. Ideas on where to go? Now tell me more about the Lake Barkley ride! 😎

youngers
03-02-2017, 06:36 PM
We're on for Saturday, God willing and the creek don't rise. Ideas on where to go? Now tell me more about the Lake Barkley ride! ��
as of yesterday , we have quite a few trees and debris on the road ways , power had been out almost all day for Wednesday , cleaning up Thursday , and Saturday will be checking widow maker tree in my front yard , so I hope that sunday will be a better day for the ride ! { as for the Kentucky lake ride or the land between the lakes area , looking great ... looking to either trailer my :ani29: or ride , but it makes better sense , too trailer , so not too be wore out for the days events that follow ! copied from the events page !
----------------- >Ready for another round ??? Here we go...
https://www.facebook.com/KentuckyLakeBarkleySpyderRide/

Plans so far.

Dates Friday & Saturday October 6-7, 2017
Murray, KY

Friday night Dinner is at "Toms Grill" @ 6:30
For our new comers. This is our meet & greet and wind down from the travels getting there.

Saturday night Dinner (Venue TBD) will be catered from "The Cake Lady" the cost of dinner will be $12.00 per person. It will be a BYOB night so make sure you have Momma Nancys number if your going to be drinking (I will provide it for you if needed) I will (at a closer date) provide a menu sheet to pick your choices from. Please make sure you mail in to me your choices and your $$$ before the ride. I love you all but I can't afford to feed you.

Murray Hotels to choose from are as follows, I have not gotten our host hotels set up but I will do that in April after tax season if you want to wait.

Hampton Inn 270-767-2226
HOST HOTEL Springhill Suites (its a new one) 270-917-8000 Rate 109.00
Holiday Inn Express 270-759-4449
Best Western 270-753-5353

More details will be posted as they are made

youngers
03-02-2017, 06:37 PM
we made reservations with the stated hotel { springhill }

janeellen41
03-03-2017, 08:44 AM
Hey Youngers,
Sunday will be fine with us. Hope that Klinton and others can join us! Be thinking about where and when. And thanks for the info on Lake Barkley!

youngers
03-03-2017, 08:10 PM
sunday riders for 3/5 65 degrees weather ! Louisville area { possible ride too Madison Indiana ? over too Kentucky ? }

David C
03-04-2017, 11:02 AM
Hey guys and gals I finally talked her into braving the ice cold 55 degree ride. LOL she don't like the cold.....We're going to the maple syrup festival in Salem Indiana. Here's the link.

http://www.lmsugarbush.com.
Would go tomorrow but I gotta work.

David and Mikki

youngers
03-04-2017, 11:25 AM
Hey guys and gals I finally talked her into braving the ice cold 55 degree ride. LOL she don't like the cold.....We're going to the maple syrup festival in Salem Indiana. Here's the link.

http://www.lmsugarbush.com.
Would go tomorrow but I gotta work.

David and Mikki

Wow , just right down the road from me ... wonder how they did through the super storm that blew through last week ? hope they were not hit in this region ... where you located david ? other than southern Indiana ? Memphis area here

David C
03-04-2017, 03:48 PM
Marysville, In

youngers
03-06-2017, 04:37 AM
144425 Wow ! the day turned out very well for us , had 5 spyders connect near the kind of high ohio river , in Madison Indiana ! this was a fun ride folks , thanks for letting us get in with you ! a good hello too : mactoys --- great too meet you as well , might have too head out your way and over to belterra ! ;) thank you janellen 41 for the tag along too get back home , showed us the route over the brand new { toll } bridge took about 45 minutes off the trip for us , { the rear end on us , was kind of in need for a long standing position :roflblack: } left our meeting spot with 3 cycles , at 12 p.m. connected with another cycle along the way , then found mactoys near Madison Indiana ... and a big helping hand from klinton , I was getting the limp check engine orange screen , with the warning lights flashing and shifter gear icon flipping out , :yikes: ----- klinton mentioned taken the key out walk away , and try try , again .... had too do ths twice , but it worked ! thanks again buddy ! { klinton took us on a long ride through the river roads , along side the ohio river , all the way up too the edge Louisville ky , where we all split off and said our good byes , and hello couch ! hahahahaha until next time every one !

youngers
03-06-2017, 04:40 AM
Good Day

wow , we went out from Madison , and some how ended up riding through trimble county ... stay tuned too the forums thread and see if we end up near you again ! very nice area you have there ...

Mactoys
03-07-2017, 07:12 PM
I enjoyed meeting everyone. What time are we riding this weekend?:)

I bought a used comfort seat a few weeks ago. Maybe I'll install it while it snows this weekend.

youngers
03-08-2017, 05:04 PM
I enjoyed meeting everyone. What time are we riding this weekend?:)

I bought a used comfort seat a few weeks ago. Maybe I'll install it while it snows this weekend.

hahahahaha mactoys , better get used umbrellas and rain gear ! { maybe even a snow shovel :yikes: } going too be 36 for a high , or that is what the forcast is now , might get too 46 ? } but don ` t worry , spring temps in the 70`s and 80`s not far away !

janeellen41
03-11-2017, 05:40 PM
Hey guys! Finally getting around to expanding my photo knowledge around here. I want to see if my profile picture will now load when I post. Here goes!:yikes:

janeellen41
03-11-2017, 05:41 PM
Well, that didn't work! Back to the drawing board. :opps:

janeellen41
03-11-2017, 05:47 PM
OMG it's working!!! Thanks Youngers for taking the shot from last week! Also getting up the gumption on designing some graphics!

youngers
03-11-2017, 06:17 PM
hahahaha and I thought we did very well on the photo shoot at the ice cream shoppe ! :thumbup:

youngers
05-16-2017, 03:24 AM
2 weeks ahead , are there a planned ride ? maybe through the Kentucky region ? ( weather permitting )

unclegeezer
05-16-2017, 05:11 AM
We live in the Glasgow area. 70 miles south of Louisvlle, like to get together with other Spyder riders

youngers
05-16-2017, 07:33 PM
We live in the Glasgow area. 70 miles south of Louisvlle, like to get together with other Spyder riders

I will texted a few riders , see what they are up too , they may have other plans already ... will post a note when I hear something

youngers
05-18-2017, 04:23 PM
waiting on the replys for a memorial weekend ride .. { 1 day } sunday ? Saturday ? ....

youngers
05-18-2017, 04:24 PM
I live about 30 miles North of Bowling Green in a small town (Austin, Ky.)

let us know if this is an option { above ride }

youngers
05-18-2017, 04:25 PM

memorial day weekend ride ?

youngers
05-18-2017, 04:27 PM
Good Day

see if any one is up for the memorial weekend ?

Mactoys
05-18-2017, 07:30 PM
I might be able to make it. Just post the details when there is a plan. Thx

see if any one is up for the memorial weekend ?

youngers
05-21-2017, 06:56 AM
the memorial weekend is close , and the weather from a quick look , is telling of rain and sunshine , call it afternoon showers I bet , keep an eye open for it ...

youngers
06-18-2017, 07:53 AM
finally caught up with david , here on spyder forums , lives close but works different time lines , a few missed rides 149615 but rode for 3 or 31/2 hours , had a good ride , lots of bikes out ... should be a good ride in the future , for the Kentucky riders I have been with , time getting close too start the brown county ride ? or ride the river side ?